Final Fantasy IX Walkthrough
Written by Shotgunnova
2.8: Lindblum Revisited
The item shop now sells Annoyntments, while Dragoos' shop has stocked every new item up to this point, so you can play catchup. The synthesis shop is where you should head, however, since it's got the best equipment… if you can spare some of your old stuff. Buy the Barette since it teaches Dagger Cura, and the Exploda for Zidane. And don't forget to shop for Vivi, too!
Here's what can be obtained now that Lindblum's been changed:
- In the inn, get a new letter, from Moodon to Moonte.
- By the blocked-off entrance to the church alley, a Lindblum lies.
- Card Freak Gon's house has an Ether and Phoenix Pinion.
- Talk to Lowell about working in Ruby's theater. You may have to talk to Moodon in the Business District inn to do this!
- Get the 340 gil, 993 gil, and 262 Gil chests from the Tantalus hideout.
- There's an Ore chest in the artist's studio. I only make a note of it since so many people think it's "new" when it's available on Disc 1.
Exit onto the world map, pronto.
Optional: Chocobo Hot & Cold
There are no new ones to dig up, if you dug up the max on the previous disc, but since you're going to a new continent soon, it's recommended to go and find any chocographs leftover on this one before you hit the road. More
Optional: Moguta the Kupo Nut Fiend
You should still have a Kupo Nut you got from Monev way back when (or perhaps another from a different delivery?), so it's time to deliver the junk to Moguta. The reward this time around is another random item. More
Put your sights on Qu's Marsh after taking care of business outside the area, and find Quina again at the pond. If you haven't gotten Quina now, for some weird reason, his/her optional status has been voided - time to collect! S/he will have all the equipment from before, if you had him/her while at Cleyra. As with the chocographs, do some frog-catching here if you haven't yet maxed it out, since there will be a whole new marsh later with more munchies.
Talk of a hidden road doesn't arouse any memories in Quale, although he does say that the tall brush could be hiding something (NOTE: it's not mandatory to talk to him) in its depths. Exit right of his house with Quina in your party to see a scene where s/he uncovers the site.
Go deeper inside…