Final Fantasy IX Walkthrough
Written by Shotgunnova
2.11: Black Mage VillageMogyro has for Mocchi can be missed so make sure to get it as soon as possible! Check by the stables (right of entrance) to find Mogyro. He will also get a letter from Stiltzkin after the mandatory rest (see below).
Watch the 'Different Language' by approaching the path near the synth shop, then enter to find Dagger. Enter the inn to find Vivi, and when prompted, agree to rest. The next day, a mage directs the party to go past the Conde Petie Sanctuary, where the source of the Mist allegedly lies. You can leave, but don't forget to visit the weapon shop, item shop - which carries Hi-Potions and Remedys - and, last, the synth shop which has a bunch of good equipment to be made.
- An Ether is inside item shop, near left entrance.
- By the weapon shop's entrance, get the Elixir.
- In the inn's bedroom, pick up the Virgo.
- In the synth shop interior, rob a chest of [2000 Gil].
- Climb the synth shop's ladder to the roof, and get the [843 Gil].
- Gysahl Greens can be found in chocobo stable.
- Tell the item shop mage to get the "usual," then use the ladder behind the counter to get the Black Belt. This option may not appear until Zidane eavesdrops on the two mages from the synth shop's roof platforms.
Either way, a "thief" appears somewhere and runs off to the mountain path. Before you leave, board the Kirkboat from the left side and get the Diamond on its top, if it wasn't gotten earlier. Save and enter the mountain path.