CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
Final Fantasy IFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy TacticsChrono Trigger
 
 
Guides and InfoNewsFanworksForumsChat Poll StoreOptionsAbout

Final Fantasy VI Characters

Biographies by  laszlow
Contributor
Statistics and Special Characteristics by  Djibriel
Contributor
Characters


Locke Cole

Locke Cole

Vital Statistics

Age
25
Height
5'9"
Weight
147
Birthdate
24 November
Class/Occupation
Adventurer
Strength
37
Speed
40
Stamina
31
Magic Power
28
Attack
14
Defense
46
Evasion
15
Magic Defense
23
Magic Evasion
2

Biography

Locke is a thief (er, treasure hunter) who works closely with the Returners. The Returners call upon Locke to accompany Terra out of Narshe safely, and later to infiltrate Imperial-occupied South Figaro, which results in Locke rescuing Celes from captivity. Locke distrusts Terra ("that Imperial witch!") and Celes at first, but upon rescuing either of them shows unusual determination to keep them safe. Locke accompanies the team for the entire first act of Final Fantasy VI, often as a mandatory party member.

There's more! But you need to turn on spoilers to see it.

Gameplay

Locke has high Speed, decent Strength, low Magic, and average Stamina. He can equip only light armor and shields, but can wield every dagger (including the powerful DirkValiant Knife) and most of the best swords (including SwordLightbringer and the SwordUltima Weapon). Locke can also use the Steal command, which can score you some rare items and equipment if you check CoN's bestiary for what different enemies hold. Steal can change to Mug if you equip the RelicBrigand's Glove, and the chance to successfully steal increases if you equip the RelicThief's Bracer.

Special Skill: Steal

Each monster has two slots in which they can carry items. One slot holds the item you'll most commonly see being stolen, which is generally called the 'common steal'. The other item is the one you'll want, and this is the 'rare steal'. Locke has, when he successfully steals, an 87.5% chance of going for the common steal, and a 12.5% chance of going for the rare steal. If one of these spaces is empty, it will still be included in the decision between the two items. If the common steal slot is empty, you're already looking at a 7/8 chance of failure before anything else is calculated.

Your Steal attempts won't always be successful. Remember, it is the opponent's interest to keep hold of its belongings. The chance of Steal working depends entirely on your level and the opponent's level. Speed is no issue, so raising it won't increase the success rate of Steal. What will make for a better thief is the RelicThief's Bracer. The RelicThief's Bracer doubles your chances at stealing. It won't stack with another RelicThief's Bracer (the +5 Speed bonus will, but the special effect won't).

The RelicBrigand's Glove will convert Steal to Mug, which basically combines the Steal and Attack commands into one.

Desperation Attack: Mirage Dive

Equipment

Types:        

Characters


Caves of Narshe: Final Fantasy VI
Version 6
©1997–2017 Josh Alvies (Rangers51)

All fanfiction and fanart (including original artwork in forum avatars) is property of the original authors. Some graphics property of Square Enix.