CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
FFVI PR New Screenshots

Posted: 17th December 2021 15:09

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Some Pixel Remake screenshots in Famitsu showed up on Reddit yesterday. It looks like some scenes have been redone to give it a more Octopath Traveler look? I'm excited to see more of that and the remastered soundtrack!

This post has been edited by Harlequin on 17th December 2021 15:10

--------------------
Post #216748
Posted: 17th December 2021 17:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The soundtracks have been really good for other PRs so I'm really looking forward to 6. I see that they've still made the character sprites slightly more "skinny" for this one, which I don't love, but this might be the first one I really look to buy because some of the other changes look pretty slick.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #216749
Posted: 17th December 2021 18:50

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 17th December 2021 09:16)
The soundtracks have been really good for other PRs so I'm really looking forward to 6. I see that they've still made the character sprites slightly more "skinny" for this one, which I don't love, but this might be the first one I really look to buy because some of the other changes look pretty slick.

I haven't paid much attention at all to the Pixel Remasters (aside from noting that they exist). They haven't changed the songs at all, right? Just redone them for clarity?
Post #216750
Posted: 18th December 2021 00:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Kane @ 17th December 2021 12:50)
I haven't paid much attention at all to the Pixel Remasters (aside from noting that they exist). They haven't changed the songs at all, right? Just redone them for clarity?

They're definitely rearranged and reorchestrated. I honestly don't know if they're synthesized or played live now - I'm the furthest thing from a musician. But they are different and I've really liked the ones I've heard so far. We had an ad hoc listening party for FF4 in Discord when it dropped, ha.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #216751
Posted: 19th December 2021 05:08
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
user posted image

--------------------
Post #216753
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: