CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
Final Fantasy Ultimania Coming West

Posted: 4th October 2017 16:30

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Third place in CoNCAA, 2014. 
See More (Total 27)
The Final Fantasy "Ultimania" guides have been lore for Western Final Fantasy fans for many years; I remember first hearing about their existence twenty years ago, but I've never seen one in person. Finally, though, those of us who want to see these guides in a format we can actually read ourselves - not you, smug Japanese-knowing CoN fans! - will get a chance to own them in English.

Next June, Dark Horse and Square Enix will release a 300+ page archive of Ultimania guides covering the first six games of the series in a hardbound edition. It's expected to be the first of three volumes encapsulating the entire series. Amazon, at least in the US, has it listed for just $34 currently, and I know I have already preordered my copy.

If you want to do the same, check this AmaCoN link: http://amzn.to/2xhj5SX

Source: Siliconera
Post #213473
Posted: 4th October 2017 17:36

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
See More (Total 10)
You hero.

Done. Bizarrely, it's listed on the UK Amazon site (same release date), but as currently unavailable. Not sure if that's because they haven't set it live yet, or because all stocks have already been reserved. Either way, I've punted for the US option to avoid disappointment.

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #213474
Posted: 4th October 2017 19:12

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Third place in CoNCAA, 2014. 
See More (Total 27)
A real hero would have posted first and THEN preordered. I'm lawful neutral at best.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213475
Posted: 4th October 2017 20:18

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
oh my god i can't stop saying oh my god. now all the obscure FFVI references I know and love (Locke hates mushrooms) will finally be out west

--------------------
"When the future was clear and it hurt to see, I'd just close my eyes and lose myself in happier days." -O.D.V.
Post #213476
Posted: 5th October 2017 04:24

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Harlequin @ 4th October 2017 15:18)
oh my god i can't stop saying oh my god. now all the obscure FFVI references I know and love (Locke hates mushrooms) will finally be out west

He also likes taking naps in fields.

--------------------
Alfador only likes me.
Post #213478
Posted: 6th October 2017 17:15

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 4th October 2017 16:30)
The Final Fantasy "Ultimania" guides have been lore for Western Final Fantasy fans for many years; I remember first hearing about their existence twenty years ago, but I've never seen one in person. Finally, though, those of us who want to see these guides in a format we can actually read ourselves - not you, smug Japanese-knowing CoN fans! - will get a chance to own them in English.

Next June, Dark Horse and Square Enix will release a 300+ page archive of Ultimania guides covering the first six games of the series in a hardbound edition. It's expected to be the first of three volumes encapsulating the entire series. Amazon, at least in the US, has it listed for just currently, and I know I have already preordered my copy.

If you want to do the same, check this AmaCoN link: http://amzn.to/2xhj5SX

Source: Siliconera

Legend! It seems to be $24 now, just pre ordered myself a copy.
Post #213500
Posted: 6th October 2017 19:09

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 27)
Wow, thank goodness for the preorder price guarantee! My preorder now lists as $10 cheaper than when I bought and posted originally.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213501
Posted: 13th November 2017 05:22

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
So very into this!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy III(IV)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #213805
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: