CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 25th September 2011 07:05

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Resonance of Fate on PS3. Once you master the battle system the fun begins. Love that you can choose to hear the game in japanese with subtitles.

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #197539
Posted: 25th September 2011 11:24

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Quote (Metal King Slime @ 24th September 2011 15:29)

I'm also replaying Half-Life because I love it. I've almost reached Xen. Weh, I hate that stupid level and its stupid puzzles and stupid structure and stupid amount of enemies. Nihilanth can go to hell too.

Played through that for the first time the other month, christ did I take a lot of fall damage. EURGH!!

The final boss nearly broke me.

Also Saffire, is the English voice acting not great then?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #197540
Posted: 27th September 2011 00:59

Awards:
The english voice acting is not bad, but I prefer to hear the game in it's original language.

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #197567
Posted: 27th September 2011 01:53

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
It takes multiple fibers of my being not to replay inFamous 2 or play more Disgaea 4, but I'm holding off. I resolved to cut through my backlog in 2011, so I'm going to try.

Odin Sphere is gorgeous, and lets you grind in ways I hadn't thought possible. For example, sacrificing weapon EXP to grow fruit, eating which heals you and levels up your HP. Cooking your fruit and meats and dairy and whatnot (all of which grows on plants, including meat) raises your max HP AND gives you more EXP to level up your HP. Yeah. This is weird. But I kinda like it. But mostly the game's gorgeous.

--------------------
Post #197571
Posted: 27th September 2011 16:34

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I've been the most sick I've been IN MY LIFE for the past week so I've been battering out games whether I remember it or not. The myriad of drugs I'm on make it quite funny to load up a save and not knowing where I am or what's going on.

Deus Ex 3, although I'm running out of replayability I think.

Deus Ex, discovered even more backstory and hidden items on my nth playthrough. Ladies and gentlemen the impossible game.

Final Fantasy IX, to beat Quale at the earliest point of the game.

Bastion, completed, now playing it through for other story and more difficulty idols. This game is wonderful. It looks, sounds and plays fantastically.

Medieval 2: Total War, better than Rome: Total War for the reasons I play it.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #197574
Posted: 1st October 2011 06:20

Cactuar

Awards:

I'm re-playing Final Fantasy IV on the DS, just because biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #197613
Posted: 1st October 2011 07:06

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I'm currently playing a Fire Emblem game. I'm attempting to beat Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on a hard mode but it's a bit more slow going that I was used to in the normal mode (since I'm *really* having to plan out my moves). The other Fire Emblem game I'm playing is also difficult for another reason: it's not fully translated into English. This game is Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo, Hikari to Kage no Eiyū. It's your typical Fire Emblem game (if you've played the series) but half of Fire Emblem games for me is the dialog/interaction. The only thing I can read with certainty is when a character is laughing or something ><

I just finished the first Professor Layton game two weeks ago and I gotta say I liked it. I'm not sure if I want to run out and purchase the rest in the series but I was hooked on the puzzles. Have to confess needing to go to GameFAQs for two answers but I really wanted to try to beat it on my own.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #197614
Posted: 1st October 2011 12:20

Cactuar

Awards:
Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and XII: Revenant Wings. And Chrono Trigger.
Post #197616
Posted: 2nd October 2011 08:29

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Lessee, what have I been playin' lately...

- Grandia III
- Grandia Xtreme
- Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
- Assassin's Creed II
- Lost Planet 2
- Steel Reign
- MediEvil

I'd been playing Grandia (1) lately and had thought about acquiring the other two PS2 installments, despite all the nay-saying I've heard about 'em. Of course, most of the bad news I'd heard about 'em was true, but they're not too shabby, although I wouldn't rank 'em higher than the first two (where it counts anyway). Already played/beat most of the other stuff I got lately, so at least my sarlacc--err, backlog won't be growing any further as Skyrim approaches.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #197636
Posted: 17th October 2011 00:57

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Playing... Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Witcher 2. Both are great games!

--------------------
GS Forums: Come vist!
"I have no wish to change the world."
”Ramza Beoulve
Post #197827
Posted: 18th October 2011 07:54

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I *just* finished playing Dragon Quest III (SNES remake) last night. Haven't played around in the bonus dungeons yet but planning to. It took me awhile to finish the game because I got distracted with several other ones (Fire Emblem most notably). The biggest surprise (since I missed DWIII on the NES),
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Dragon Quest III is evidently a prequel to Dragon Quests I and II.
I was all "lolwut" at that revelation. Because of that I need to go back and play DQI & II.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, finished Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyū for the DS. It was a pretty cool game but I think I was missing quite a bit of the experience with the dialog being all in Japanese. Going to have to try it again when a fully translated patch is released.

Not sure yet what's in store for gaming pleasure, but I don't stay idle too long.

Oh, and totally a self pimping move but I'm still working on a playthrough of Little Ninja Brothers (NES) that I've been trying to complete since 2009 >< I'm totally determined to be the first person to complete it on YouTube.

Playlist of my Little Ninja Brothers videos

--------------------

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
Post #197839
Posted: 18th October 2011 17:48

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I beat Super Robot Taisen L some weeks ago and since then I haven't really had the chance to play anything because of school.. But I ordered FFIV Complete and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 online this weekend and hopefully they will arrive before the next big period of tests start rolleyes-straight.gif
Post #197848
Posted: 18th October 2011 19:38

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
A friend of mine convinced me to play Breath of Fire I for the SNES. It comes off as a really difficult game at first... until you realize where and what all of the game breakers are. =^_^=

--------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you.
Post #197851
Posted: 19th October 2011 15:38

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Just finished Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars for GBA.

It's a port of a PC game. The game is a point-and-click adventure. While you'd think that the lack of mouse interface makes the game shitty, it actually remains surprisingly good and true to the feel of the original. The only things really missing are higher-quality graphics (which you really don't need to play the game since everything of interest is auto-highlighted when you cycle through it with R or walk to it) and voice-acting. But all the witty dialog is preserved, and now shown in text boxes. The only real issue is that George kinda walks slowly, and in a handful of spots, you have to walk away a bit to pick a certain item to interact with.

Pretty decent game overall.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197859
Posted: 19th October 2011 18:10

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Been a couple years since I played Baldur's Gate II, so I'm giving that another go with a few (relatively) new mods.

--------------------
Post #197861
Posted: 19th October 2011 23:27

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2008 Fanfiction contest. 
Quote (Gigantuar @ 18th October 2011 17:48)
I beat Super Robot Taisen L some weeks ago and since then I haven't really had the chance to play anything because of school.. But I ordered FFIV Complete and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 online this weekend and hopefully they will arrive before the next big period of tests start rolleyes-straight.gif

Good luck on Gundam 3. Platinumed it the awhile back, but Fun as hell. If I still had it I'd join you in some online play.

Started over on FF6, Dunno why, something to do I guess.

Borrowed Record of Agarest war Zero from someone, but returned it due to final boss rage.

Going to get back into Playing Bleach Soul Ressurecion, just till One Piece comes out on PS3 -drools-

--------------------
Kefka's Message of the week: Get off your couch noobs and get my new game Dissidia 012
Post #197862
Posted: 7th November 2011 10:32

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Finished Professor Layton and the Last Specter. The best game in the franchise so far. Story isn't too far-fetched like in Diabolical Box or Unwound Future, but it's not as "everyday" as Curious Village either. And it experiments with puzzles in an awesome way.
Post #198054
Posted: 7th November 2011 20:41

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Metal King Slime @ 7th November 2011 05:32)
Finished Professor Layton and the Last Specter. The best game in the franchise so far. Story isn't too far-fetched like in Diabolical Box or Unwound Future, but it's not as "everyday" as Curious Village either. And it experiments with puzzles in an awesome way.

I finished Last Specter last week or so, and I actually thought it was the worst game in the series. Sure, the plot is less far-fetched, but the end sequence of events didn't resonate with me the way the conclusions to the 2nd or 3rd Layton game did. Sure, the puzzles are still good and that's what's most important, but I think my favorite Layton game is still the 2nd one.

--------------------
Post #198055
Posted: 14th November 2011 01:28

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 10)
Speaking of Layton, I'm currently working on Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. Since I did like the first game (Curious Village) it's not really a surprise that I'm liking the sequel. I know I'm coming to these games late but things are very tight in my gaming schedule XD

--------------------

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
Post #198095
Posted: 14th November 2011 02:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I somehow have missed exactly one Riddler challenge in Arkham Asylum, and that's driven me mad enough that I've shelved that game for a while. I popped Final Fantasy XIII back into my 360 instead, and I played as much of it this weekend as I had in the last eleven months of owning it. Will continue down that path a bit, I think.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #198097
Posted: 14th November 2011 03:57

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Currently playing Uncharted 3 on my PS3 and Radiant Historia on my DS. Uncharted 3 is basically exactly what I wanted, but I think I'm already near the end of the game and if that's true, then it's kind of a short game. Very much a thrill ride, however. The set-pieces are stunning; my favorites so far have been the boat and the caravan (if you played it, you'll know what I mean).

Radiant Historia is a very, very good RPG of the old school. Switching between timelines, loaded with sidequests, turn-based combat on a grid, entertaining cast of characters, this is a solid game. If it weren't for my playing TitS this past spring this could be my favorite RPG of the year.

--------------------
Post #198099
Posted: 14th November 2011 11:02

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Naturally, I've been playing Modern Warfare 3. Fun solo play, but the multi-player is just not my thing

That's because Battlefield 3's multi-player is in fact my thing instead. I heart.gif the PP-2000, the Scar-H, the M416/HK416, and the M249. Other guns have higher ROF. Other guns have better range. Other guns have better accuracy. Other guns have better damage. Other guns have more ammo.

Other guns aren't Duckworth, Montana, Austin+100, or Sasha.

This post has been edited by Del S on 23rd November 2011 09:19

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #198101
Posted: 14th November 2011 15:33

Cactuar

Awards:
I haven't been able to get into FFVIII lately, but Chrono Trigger NEVER gets old.
Post #198106
Posted: 18th November 2011 05:43

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 10)
Argh, an update on my playthrough of Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box: my mic broke on my DS.

Why is this such a big deal? Well, the very last puzzle requires you to use the mic to solve it. First I was blowing at it in a normal manner, then it progressed into sustained hard blowing and finally face next to mic hole. After getting kinda light headed I had to reset the DS. I tried a game I *knew* worked (my tried and true copy of the original Cooking Mama) and... it still wasn't working. My mic is bork on my DS and I can't complete the Professor Layton game sad.gif

--------------------

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
Post #198175
Posted: 19th November 2011 14:29

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Kame @ 18th November 2011 06:43)
Argh, an update on my playthrough of Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box: my mic broke on my DS.

Why is this such a big deal? Well, the very last puzzle requires you to use the mic to solve it. First I was blowing at it in a normal manner, then it progressed into sustained hard blowing and finally face next to mic hole. After getting kinda light headed I had to reset the DS. I tried a game I *knew* worked (my tried and true copy of the original Cooking Mama) and... it still wasn't working. My mic is bork on my DS and I can't complete the Professor Layton game sad.gif

Well, uh... snap. Now you have an excuse to get a 3DS.

And I know what you're talking about, the last puzzle is a [bad word].

But an update: Am playing Pocket Frogs... pinch.gif
Post #198181
Posted: 21st November 2011 01:37

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I watched a friend playing Modern Warfare 3, but I got bored with it pretty quick and got back to do coursework. I did find time to fit in perhaps an hour and a half of Skyrim on a friend's file, and I enjoyed it. Of course, there really wasn't much chance that I wouldn't like it. I mostly just like to explore and do alchemy, so I'm pretty easily satisfied. Except that, to the best of my knowledge, you need to be at a location with an alchemy station to be able to make potions; that's a bummer.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #198193
Posted: 21st November 2011 06:29

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (Chell172 @ 19th November 2011 15:29)

So he can play the game in lousy resolution? tongue.gif

Good luck on Gundam 3. Platinumed it the awhile back, but Fun as hell. If I still had it I'd join you in some online play.

Thanks, but I don't think we could've played anyway as I have it on the 360.

Currently I'm mostly playing Skyward Sword that I got my hands on saturday, as well as some Super Robot Wars A Portable (I only have the last stage left I think) and FFIV Complete for the PSP. And I couldn't resist ordering ultimate MVC3 rolleyes-straight.gif
Post #198194
Posted: 21st November 2011 12:07

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Just finished Bastion over the weekend. It's short, but extremely solid and with a lot of substance for an indie title. I only wish it were longer than ~5 hours. And that's with a bunch of sidequests completed.

Currently in the midst of Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue. Seems just about as funny / deliberately immature as its predecessor, and it definitely plays better. The improvements they made for ranged weapons are noticeable and welcome.

Also just started Devil May Cry 4. It's... definitely not bad, but... well... they need a better gameplay / cutscene balance and Nero just is too limited at the start. If they gave me more of my moveset at the beginning instead of having to unlock dozens of things, I would have liked it a lot better.

--------------------
Post #198196
Posted: 21st November 2011 22:13

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I had a game of Planescape: Torment goin' for a while. Then I realized I screwed up pretty badly and ended up scrapping that play-through.

I'll give it another try at some point, but I recently got my hands on Disgaea 2. Judging by my previous experience with the first Disgaea, I fully expect to be absorbed in Disgaea 2 for at least the next couple of months smile.gif .

--------------------
Post #198202
Posted: 22nd November 2011 04:50

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Gigantuar @ 20th November 2011 22:29)
Quote (Chell172 @ 19th November 2011 15:29)

So he can play the game in lousy resolution? tongue.gif

So, SHE can play the game in a lousy resolution? tongue.gif

Actually, I want to get another DS Lite (specifically). Why a DS Lite? I have a whole lot of GBA games that I still like to play. If I get the newer DS or a 3DS, I can't use it for playing my GBA games.

--------------------

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
Post #198209
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: