CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
the new DBZ movie

Posted: 24th September 2002 03:20
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I heard from a very reliable source that Fox is working on a real life action DBZ movie. Its gonna start from saiyin saga and end in the cell saga either that or it might be two different movies. its soppose to come out summer of 2004. From what I heard these are SOME of the actors that MIGHT be in it..

Goku = Liu kang from mortal combat movie
Gohan = Keanu Reeves
Vegita = Jet Li
Piccolo = Wesily Snipes
Nappa = Goldberg
Frieza = Vin Diesel
future Trunks = Leonardo Dicaprio
Android18 = Camron Diaz
Chi Chi = Elizabeth Hurley

if any of the information is incorrect or if you know who plays the other characters post who or whats wrong..
also if you have thoughts or comments then post it!

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #2643
Posted: 24th September 2002 05:17

Black Mage

Awards:
No... No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! >_< It was overrated as a friggin' cartoon...

--------------------
"Hideki wa hentai! Hentai! Hideki wa hentai! Hentai! Hentai!"
-Chii
Post #2644
Posted: 24th September 2002 05:26
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Before I go and laugh myself silly at the very idea of a DBZ live action movie, might I ask what this reliable source is?

I've actually seen a poster (possibly/probably fake) for this lil movie, and I know the ideas being tossed around, but I'm fairly certain no actors have been cast.

--------------------
Post #2645
Posted: 24th September 2002 07:08

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
It was a fan idea not a real idea. Sorry mate I've seen it all too.
Post #2647
Posted: 24th September 2002 15:04
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Paramount Pictures has the rights to a Dragonball Z Live Action Movie. But I have not herd any talk about it becoming a reality yet.
Post #2656
Posted: 24th September 2002 16:09
Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Alright I am a fan of DBZ and DBGT and if they really are making an action movie about the Super Saiyan and Cell sagas then i will most definatly watch regardless of the actors... but Keanu Reaves and Wesley Snipes and Cameron Diaz and Jet Li and that Liu Kang guy from MK and Goldberg and Vin Diesel (triple x, Fast and Furious guy)... that is one helluva cast if you ask me... sounds to unbelievable. But if they are gonna make a DBZ movie... Keanu Reaves wouldn't make a good Gohan, Jet Li would make an EXCELLENT Vegita, but Jackie Chan would make a better Goku... not that Liu Kang guy... that is just sad that they picked him... Goldberg would make a cool Nappa and i don't think that Vin Diesel would make a good Freeza... So if u wanted to make up a rumor about a DBZ movie at least you coulda picked a cast that made more sense, not just cool actors... (im not sure that u did make this up but it does sound to made up... tell me where you heard about it and i'll check it out.)

--------------------
You were in my arms, clutching me tight
We were in the darkness, searching for light
Then you left me, all alone
To walk this world, all on my own!
--Rob--Zealous Apathy
Post #2660
Posted: 24th September 2002 20:47

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (monkey-wrench @ 23 Sep. 2002, 22:20)
if any of the information is incorrect or if you know who plays the other characters post who or whats wrong..

Ah...no.

That's a bunch of giberish with all those actors. Not a chance. A movie, probably true. With that cast? No.
You seriously think all those actors would agree to that? Think about their reps. Especially Vin Diesel, Mr. Numero Uno badass of the moment.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2666
Posted: 24th September 2002 22:05
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Quote (Narratorway @ 24 Sep. 2002, 00:26)
Before I go and laugh myself silly at the very idea of a DBZ live action movie, might I ask what this reliable source is?

my friend's DBZ magazine.

heres more info on it..
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808403803

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #2670
Posted: 24th September 2002 23:22

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, if it's true, then that's hilarious.   :lol:

Seriously, though, I doubt I'd go out and watch it.  I've really lost any semblance of faith in Dragonball Z, particularly considering it's a huge disappointment after the brilliance that is Dragonball.  Aside from a few cool characters (Vegeta and Trunks, for me), the plot is little to get excited about.  And sometimes the melodrama and confusing, paradoxical storylines are way too much to handle.  Still, it was a decent successor to Toriyama's masterpiece, until FUNimation and Cartoon Network turned it into the censored, overrated, commercial icon that it is now.

DBZ as a live-action movie does have a really, really high potential for some quality unintentional humor, on the other hand.  On second thought, maybe I'll see it after all.  ;)

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2678
Posted: 24th September 2002 23:25

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Scary poop.  Live action and Dragonball Z are just two phrases I never, ever expected to hear together.  I mean, live action DBZ itself is disturbing, but with a crazy cast like that just have to be false information.  If it is true, don't look at me to rush out a buy a ticket for my next night out.

DBZ overall doesn't really tickle my fancy.  I mean,  melodramatic, super-powerful aliens fighting baddies and shooting Kamehameha thangs.  The concept isn't thrilling.  Sure, it's decent.  I wouldn't die watching it.  If you tied me to a chair and gave me a choice to watch hours of DBZ or hours of that wannabe new Transformers series, I'd take the DBZ.  There are a few good characters, and at times it's interesting, but it just isn't an all around great show.

And if you think I'm dissing Transformers...no, no.  I <3 Transformers, to the extreme, but this new series is a disgrace.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #2679
Posted: 25th September 2002 14:57
Black Mage

Awards:
Doesn't sound like it's going to happen, but if it did ^_^
Post #2692
Posted: 26th September 2002 00:53

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (SECProto @ 25 Sep. 2002, 10:57)
Doesn't sound like it's going to happen, but if it did ^_^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #2712
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: