CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Downloading Japanese Version

Posted: 22nd November 2002 04:07
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Anyone happen to know where to get the Japanese Super Famicom of FFVI?
Supposedly there are some slight differences from the English version - possibly the ability to revive Leo?

-Phoenix

This post has been edited by Phoenix on 23rd October 2019 03:29
Post #5206
Posted: 22nd November 2002 04:36
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
In dialogue and the ability to rename SwdTechs and a few bugs, yes.

As for reviving Leo, keep dreaming.

--------------------
Post #5210
Posted: 22nd November 2002 13:43

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
The characters all have classes, as well, which is mostly what we've based the character classes in our FF6 Characters section on (though not entirely, because, as a collective, we thought some of them were a bit crap).

Note that there's no complete translation available.  A fair few forum patrons probably know FF6 well enough to play it without even looking at the screen (*COUGH*ZED*COUGH* ;)) so I guess it's not a major problem, but there isn't THAT much to look for changes in, if not the dialogue.

A partial translation is available from Sky Render Translations.  Complete translated dialogues are available for download, but they haven't been inserted into the ROM yet.  It's not easy, ya know.

I don't know where exactly to get an FF6j ROM, but it should be available from any of the big ROM sites.  As ZED says though, if you get it because x rumour is supposedly possible in the Japanese version, prepare to be disappointed.  You know people only say these things so people have to do crazy things to verify their rumours, and because of the historical basis of FF2US being cut down, but don't forget that this Easy Type version was available in Japan as well, with relatively minor changes occuring between it and FF2US.  FF games since then haven't had this easy/hard distinction.

Post #5219
Posted: 29th November 2002 06:38
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Well, heavens, I'll play the game through again whether or not I can use Leo without a Game Genie :D
I'm mostly interested in the Japanese version because I want to test out my skill (or lack thereof) in the language.
Post #5483
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: