CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Fixing the WotL Slowdown Bug on a PSVita

Posted: 17th June 2023 22:12

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
As it says on the tin, I'm wondering how I can patch up the WotL slowdown bug on my PSVita; I've done a bit of searching online and have only found information on fixing it on an emulator. Is there no way for a non-tech-savvy person like myself to get rid of the slowness?
Post #217117
Posted: 18th June 2023 16:23

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Kane @ 17th June 2023 16:12)
As it says on the tin, I'm wondering how I can patch up the WotL slowdown bug on my PSVita; I've done a bit of searching online and have only found information on fixing it on an emulator. Is there no way for a non-tech-savvy person like myself to get rid of the slowness?

I don't know anything specifically about fixing it on a Vita, unfortunately, but I would assume that if it can play ISO/CSO files (via CFW or whatever), the same procedure for fixing it for PSP or emulation would likely still work.

That may still be pretty techy, but I can only go with what I've seen myself and I never had a Vita. Maybe cross fingers for the PC remaster to be a real thing? smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #217120
Posted: 18th June 2023 22:10

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 18th June 2023 08:23)
I don't know anything specifically about fixing it on a Vita, unfortunately, but I would assume that if it can play ISO/CSO files (via CFW or whatever), the same procedure for fixing it for PSP or emulation would likely still work.

That may still be pretty techy, but I can only go with what I've seen myself and I never had a Vita.

Any idea how I can find out if it plays ISO/CSO files?
Post #217121
Posted: 19th June 2023 15:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
To be honest, if you're not sure if your device is configured to do that, it's probably not. But again, I don't know much about Vita - I know you can't be playing it from the PSP UMD because it's, y'know, a Vita, but beyond that I'm not sure? I guess you got it from the Vita store back in the day and you have it on your Vita card, but I don't think you can modify a copy like that, and you'd have to get your Vita modded to use standard SD cards with custom firmware, from what I've been able to pick up via Google.🤷‍♂️

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #217123
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: