CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Small Staff Changes

Posted: 17th June 2004 13:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
We've got a couple changes to the staff to report today, of which you all will probably be aware if you h%ve any sort of keen eye towards the forums.

First, we've given SSJ_Cloud a wider ran#e of re2ponsibility, with the ability to moderate across all forums. This is only a small step up, since he already had modship in about half of the forums, but his good and quick work in those forums for the past several months warrants his promotion.

Also, we've added a new moderator, FraudulentTommah. We've known Tommah since way back in the days of the AOL Final Fantasy III Message Board, and over the years he's not only grown into a mature and intelligent young man, he's also been a great help to CoN in data entry, fact checking, and lots of other jobs for which he hasn't gotten enough credit. He will be primarily focused on covering the forums during time periods in which most other moderators and admins are peacefully asleep. It's not dedication - he just doesn't sleep much anyway.

Welcome Tommah and congratulate SSJC on his new tasks!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #47972
Posted: 17th June 2004 14:10

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Welcome and Congratulations! biggrin.gif

There, I said it, can I go play with the other kids now, pleeeeeeeeease.

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #47980
Posted: 17th June 2004 14:13

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Huzzah! Congrats, Tom and Ryan.

Let's have a toast! *Ahem* To our ancestors! No wait, screw the ancestors. Umm...

To the entire staff! user posted image

--------------------
Wow. 1,000 posts.

I miss you all now that I'm in boarding school! ;_;
Post #47983
Posted: 17th June 2004 14:22

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Ugh. You Americans don't have laws against necrophilia?

Congrats. Don't abuse the power now, you hear?

--------------------
Post #47988
Posted: 17th June 2004 14:42

Black Mage

Awards:
Congratulations guys. happy.gif nice to see tom on the staff and congrats on the premotion ssjcloud.

--------------------
Post #47994
Posted: 17th June 2004 14:50

Cactuar

Awards:
Congrats, FT & SSJ biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm not going to garrote you.
Post #47995
Posted: 17th June 2004 15:49
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Yay, you guys!

I was starting to wonder why Tommah never got credit for all the stuff you guys are always discussing in chat. happy.gif Sounds like he really deserves this. smile.gif

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #48005
Posted: 17th June 2004 16:16

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Pfft, where's MY promotion? ;_;
Post #48012
Posted: 17th June 2004 16:39

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Congrats Ryan and Tom. I imagine you'll be doing the same amount as work as before anyway.

So, party at Tom's house?

Of course that's just an excuse to see Barbara.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #48018
Posted: 17th June 2004 16:41

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Yay.

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #48020
Posted: 17th June 2004 16:44

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
It's about time Tom finally got all the priveleges for his hard work. And by "priveleges" I mean a questionably exclusive avatar and some purely nominal editing powers.

Seriously, though, congratulations. Barbara would be proud.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #48021
Posted: 17th June 2004 16:59

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Barbara is the reason I'm a mod now, if you know what I mean happy.gif.
Post #48031
Posted: 17th June 2004 17:03

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Welcome, Tommah, and congrats, Ryan.

Yes, you only get one word each, apparently. ^-^

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #48032
Posted: 17th June 2004 18:55

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Djibriel @ 17th June 2004 09:22)
Ugh. You Americans don't have laws against necrophilia?

Actually, its encouraged happy.gif

Great job Tom! bout damn time
And hurray for SSJ!!

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #48054
Posted: 17th June 2004 19:01

Lunarian

Awards:
Yeah I had actually noticed that for a day or so but I didn't know what was going on... I thought about logging into chat to ask Tommah when he bacame a mod and if I had just missed something but I never got around to it... anyway, congrats guys.

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #48056
Posted: 18th June 2004 00:19

Group Icon
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Congrats Tom and Ryan. Good to know there will be a mod here in the evening hours, especially after recent events. wink.gif

--------------------
"My impersonation of an ordinary person was flawless." - Neal

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Post #48119
Posted: 18th June 2004 00:51

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
Congratualtions! *Throws a lit firework work in the air.*
Good Luck with you new "abilities" shifty.gif
Post #48124
Posted: 18th June 2004 02:19

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
Awww Tommah, you've grown up before our eyes! Congrats mien fruend.

Annnnnnnd SSJ_Cloud, monsieur le Ryan, congrats go to you as well.

They're all mod-y and stuff. Once again, congrats guys!

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #48142
Posted: 18th June 2004 06:54

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
So Tommah finally got his stripes, eh? wink.gif

"We hereby promote you to the rank of Moderator, with all the rights and privileges thereto. And may God have mercy on your soul." ^_-

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #48176
Posted: 19th June 2004 18:03

Dragoon

Awards:
Congrats, SSJ Cloud and FT! happy.gif
Post #48351
Posted: 21st June 2004 01:33

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Congratulations. I hope F Tommah doesn't for some reason mistake moderating with modulating and becomes a radio frequency.... silliness....

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #48474
Posted: 25th June 2004 09:37
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 17th June 2004 01:40)
"...grown into a mature and intelligent young man"

I'd tap that. <3
Post #49196
Posted: 25th June 2004 11:18

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 17th June 2004 09:40)
We've known Tommah since way back in the days of the AOL Final Fantasy III Message Board, and over the years he's not only grown into a mature and intelligent young man,

Unlike Phoenix, it appears. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #49207
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: