CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Site Regression

Posted: 1st April 2003 11:06

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
You may have noticed some database errors recently.  Unfortunately, they've now got so bad that we've had to revert to an older style site.

This should clear it up somewhat.  If not, we may need to take more drastic measures.  We'll keep you posted.
Post #10407
Posted: 1st April 2003 13:06

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Tiddles doesn't know the whole story yet, as I had to tell him briefly in an email last night to quickly change the site and just trust me on why.

Rubes got an email from Hostrocket, the company that houses our server, late last night that said the CoN site code was abusing its database server. That's why you all have been getting so many errors. The email said that we needed to have a fix in place by the start of their business hours today or they'd shut us down until we had it fixed.

We didn't want to shut down, as we've been getting a growing amount of traffic lately and we didn't want to lose it. So we went back to something that we knew worked. It wasn't terribly hard, and hopefully you can all live with it, like you did for a year, until we get the problem solved on our end.

Tiddles has gone on a slight vacation, which he planned long before this incident, so I'm working on the problem at work today. If I can't solve it, it may be three days or so until he comes back and can help out. Sorry.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #10411
Posted: 1st April 2003 19:38

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
And now, I just heard from Tiddles, we have to do it again. We're STILL too hard on the server. They might be able to fix this in a couple days, they say, but till then, we had to go back ANOTHER version.

Sorry about this, I hope the site is still usable.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #10419
Posted: 2nd April 2003 22:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
BUMP.

Oh joyous day, it's not CoN5 that was causing the problems. We've been able to go back to that style. The database still isn't quite fixed, but at least we can go back to looking how we should.

--------------------

Post #10490
Posted: 3rd April 2003 19:02

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Is it just me, or on the older ones was there no 'veiw new posts' link?
im glad to see the current layout back.. too many black screend sites can be a mite depressing.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #10516
Posted: 5th April 2003 20:24

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
All database errors are now fixed.

--------------------

Post #10629
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: