CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
ff2/3 forum?

Posted: 11th October 2005 00:06

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
just want to say this is an awsome site(if not a behemoth to explore tongue.gif).

the only thing i would add is a section for ff2 and 3. granted, 2 doesnt seem to be very popular(dont know why people hate it so much) , and i know people have played 3. so...maybe you could put ff1-3 in one forum? it could save space...i guess...meh. just a suggestion.

also, if i did have a new topic to post about these games, would it be in the square enix forum? just wanted to know. thank you smile.gif

--------------------
Post #99239
Posted: 11th October 2005 00:58

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Caves of Narshe only creates forums based on the content it supplies. Since the site does not cover any Final Fantasy 2 or 3 material, there are no forums for them. Sorry.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #99250
Posted: 11th October 2005 01:34

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
On top of what Kappa said, I'll add this link: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...?showtopic=6821 . It might help too.

If you did want to put a topic about those, it would indeed go in the General Square Enix forum.

For FF3, we definitely won't cover it on the site until after the DS version is launched, as we don't currently cover unofficial translations of a game.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 11th October 2005 01:34

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #99259
Posted: 11th October 2005 03:19

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Rangers51)
we don't currently cover unofficial translations of a game.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for this policy?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #99298
Posted: 11th October 2005 04:05

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Well, it would suck if, for example, we had all the weapons up as certain names, and the official translation was completely different. Even if half of them were different, it'd be a lot to change.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #99303
Posted: 11th October 2005 04:06

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I can't see why we'd want to. The unofficial translations have smaller audiences than the official versions, with the possible exceptions of FF5 and maybe FF2. On top of that, unofficial translations can be burdened with a variety of versions and small changes that we'd need to track in order to keep the content relevant. Finally, in many instances, the unofficial translations are actually a step down in quality; I've seen a share of ROM patches that were released only partially done, or with an even more mediocre translation than the original (where there is one). The only two FF series fansubs that come to mind as well done are the J2E FF4 and SkyRender's FF6.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #99304
Posted: 11th February 2006 20:09
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I understand you don't cover unofficial translations of any games, but still.. Why not cover FF2 from FF Origins and FF Dawn of Souls (The GBA one I think)?.. I mean, FF2 has already been released twice in the US.
Post #107950
Posted: 11th February 2006 21:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (NeoEx-Death @ 11th February 2006 15:09)
I understand you don't cover unofficial translations of any games, but still.. Why not cover FF2 from FF Origins and FF Dawn of Souls (The GBA one I think)?.. I mean, FF2 has already been released twice in the US.

Yeah, we know. Seriously, though, do you think we just sit around all day waiting for things to work on for CoN? We're way behind on the things we were already trying to do without taking on more right now.

As soon as you all start paying us so we don't have to work our full time jobs, or be students, or anything like that any more, we'll crank out a dozen new games. smile.gif

We're not adverse to doing FF2. But as soon as you give us another expert level PHP coder or give Tiddles and I the ability to work 24 hours a day, we'll get started.

--------------------

Post #107955
Posted: 12th February 2006 06:13

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I hereby impart on each of you the ability to work 24/7! thumbup.gif

--------------------
Do you think we're forever?
Post #107988
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: