CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
So, how's XIV treating everybody?

What do you think of Final Fantasy XIV so far?
Meh. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
It's good. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
It's great! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
It's kinda mediocre... [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
I HATE THIS GAME! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
This is proof that Squeenix is entirely incapable of putting together a Final Fantasy game anymore. Not a good one. [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
There is no "Final Fantasy XIV." The last game in the series was VII/VIII/IX/X/XII. [ 8 ]  [80.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 1st October 2010 23:04

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
So, how's Final Fantasy XIV treating everyone? Is it any good? I know it's a little early to judge an MMO, but is it better than XIII? Is it an improvement on XI? Are you glad you bought it? Is it fun? Y'know, that stuff.

--------------------
"When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some!" - Claire Farron
Post #188071
Posted: 2nd October 2010 06:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I voted the "There is no FFXIV" option. I don't have the game myself, but I don't care to ever play those online Final Fantasy games. They shouldn't make them as parts of the main series. Instead of naming them FFXI and FFXIV, they should've given them a seperate title, like "Final Fantasy Online" or something and leave the numbered games for real FF games. In my eyes, FFXII was the last Final Fantasy game. XIII even sucked to the point I don't consider it a main part of the series. I mean, it's a fun game on it's own, but it doesn't deserve the Final Fantasy name.

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #188085
Posted: 3rd October 2010 04:29

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I kind of wish there had been a "haven't played it yet" option to choose as opposed to most of the answer options being in the negative, so I could see how other people voted......

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #188103
Posted: 3rd October 2010 04:40

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Chewbekah @ 3rd October 2010 00:29)
I kind of wish there had been a "haven't played it yet" option to choose as opposed to most of the answer options being in the negative, so I could see how other people voted......

I hadn't thought about that... blush.gif

--------------------
"When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some!" - Claire Farron
Post #188104
Posted: 3rd October 2010 06:07

Engineer

Awards:
I tried to install the beta and my computer can't run it. I guess some things were never meant to be...

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #188105
Posted: 3rd October 2010 12:15

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Quote (Chewbekah @ 3rd October 2010 04:29)

As of this moment, three voters have expressed confusion at this so-called "fourteenth" entry into the series, a strange phenomenon that may be related to claims there was a Final Fantasy Eleven. Hoax pages on Wikipedia remain as part of some elaborate prank but for some reason many people seem to be convinced that a game that does not exist, exists.

Not here, however, for only one voter has stated the "game" is mediocre, which to me indicates that possibly this time the prank is of less interest to those wishing to take part.

Yes, I voted that I denied its existence. Pretty much everything Fatal said (Except regarding the abominable borefest that is FF13 as enjoyable in any way, shape or form_ is what I would have said, though I would likely have used more expletives and weaselled a way to rant about how Leona Lewis is a talentless hack who should have been blown up in Nigeria or how I want alleged comedian Ricky Gervais to be mauled by a pack of angry Badgers carrying yellow fever. Not infected with it, you understand, carrying it, possibly in a plastic bag. Why would they have it in a plastic bag? I don't know, maybe they bought it in Tesco. They're Badgers, I'm not an animal expert.

But yeah, I'm on the whole unwilling to pay a monthly fee for something after already dropping a decent wad of cash on a game I won't enjoy, and that to be honest, would be money better spent on something with replay value. MMO's in general do not interest me, partly because I dislike the fact they rely on groups and parties to beat some events, and partly because of hated capitalism, but mostly because when I play a game, I like to enjoy it, and like to think I can enjoy it again later. And no MMO yet has either been worth enjoying, or worth paying more money to enjoy.

This post has been edited by Del S on 3rd October 2010 12:16

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #188106
Posted: 12th October 2010 06:22

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
So, I heard this game sucks. I'm really disappointed that the reviewers so far have been...well...so disappointed. eh.gif

I was really excited to pick this game up for PS3. At first, I was impatient that I had to wait until March 2011 when the PC version came out last month. I suppose I should be grateful now. If they don't fix all the problems people are complaining about I probably won't pick it up, especially not if they try to charge a monthly fee on my usually free PSN.
Post #188420
Posted: 12th October 2010 14:40

Cactuar

Awards:
Everything Del said. Also, badgers do carry diseases in plastic bags. I should know. I live in a country full of 'em.

But anyway, FFXIV. Another MMO. Yay. Why does Sqeenix produce shite like this? (Apart from monetary reasons (which I can completely understand)) Look at CT. That was a labour of love. This is just marketing. *sigh* perhaps one day they'll throw us a bone and make a Balthier centric game.

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #188424
Posted: 19th October 2010 01:18

Dragoon

Awards:
I'm with the crowd of renaming FFXI and FFXIV as Final Fantasy Online I and II.

The True FFXI and FFXII are FFXII and FFXIII
Post #188520
Posted: 19th October 2010 03:52

Cactuar

Awards:
Sounds good to me.

--------------------
Post #188521
Posted: 20th October 2010 01:29

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
i'm voting that ff has ended with XII, but i'm playing xiv, and since i don't have much time to do so, it's been a nice experience. The artwork is great and the musics are good to, I mean, comparing to XIII, this game has potential to please the old school crowd, that if you like to play MMO's...

And that makes me wonder: I was planning to create a topic to put the FFXIV players of CON in contact, to share their experiences and expand the forum experience to the game. Does this topic i'm talking about would be closed, for being repetitive, because of the one we are now? Sorry Moderators, could you please answer to me?

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper!
Post #188537
Posted: 20th October 2010 03:58

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I was involved in the open beta where as it wasnt complete yet and this was the feel of the game to me.

Story: 3/5 stars
The idea of the player being called out to exist was beautiful and the idea for the starting area of Gridania was that you needed to be cleanse of your taint for angering the forest was a good idea to keep you from wandering too far. However soon after you learn the guest characters a hume and peppy little fellow are treated with higher importance on being cleansed of this "taint". So I felt outcasted by the story and after that they laid thin side quests trying to keep me interested.

UI: 3/5
I lost interest once they expected me to run across a forest for quests and not allowed to just fight monsters if I wasn't on a specific quest and having to build up points for dragoon skills was fast but the cool downs took time. The party manager wasn't too large on my screen. Their UI had this card icon in camps for quest accepting in which it would place the time quest accepted above the party/name plate.

Music: 5/5
It was beautiful music that matched the scenes perfectly including most SFX. It reminded me of Nobuo Uematsu in the older final fantasy tracks but that's where it ends.

Download: 1/5
Took hours to download and the patch updater was stuck for most part and I found salvation in secondary patch downloading websites. Users would post the patch on other websites because of the poor server management. I missed closed beta from the glitched downloader.

Graphics: 5/5
Stunning, beautiful, rich full of detail. I got a headache from a sensory overload by the beauty of it. Not a detail was skimped in the cities could of been more user friendly though because terrain seemed to work oddly.

Controls: 2/5
Difficult if you're trying to configure for a game you've never played before.

This is the most I could think of so late at night. Its my insight and rating for this new "romance SaGa" My joke since there isnt a Final Fantasy XIV...were still waiting on it right?

This post has been edited by Duo_Dragoon on 20th October 2010 03:59

--------------------
Post #188542
Posted: 20th October 2010 05:16

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (GamblingCat @ 19th October 2010 01:18)
I'm with the crowd of renaming FFXI and FFXIV as Final Fantasy Online I and II.

The True FFXI and FFXII are FFXII and FFXIII

Or Final Fantasy XIII VS could be really the true Final Fantasy XIV ? Calling Final Fantasy FF XI and FF XIV FF online I and II sounds like good ideas. They are completely different from the original numbered titles and are focusing on a different group of interests, online video game players, usually not fans of the original numbered titles. Final Fantasy XIV ? It's going to be XIII VS for me. Not this " online thing ".

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #188543
Posted: 20th October 2010 07:06

Cactuar

Awards:
Watched the Spoony One's review of the trailer. Then I watched the Guild Wars 2 trailer.

I am going to become an MMO addict so hard.

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #188544
Posted: 20th October 2010 11:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Kirchewasser @ 19th October 2010 20:29)
And that makes me wonder: I was planning to create a topic to put the FFXIV players of CON in contact, to share their experiences and expand the forum experience to the game. Does this topic i'm talking about would be closed, for being repetitive, because of the one we are now? Sorry Moderators, could you please answer to me?

No, go for it. It would be good to have a group of CoN players that isn't directly connected to games I myself play. wink.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #188545
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: