CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
New Dissidia Announced.

Posted: 8th September 2010 02:41

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
This time so far they're rockin' Kain and Lightning, two people I always figured would be in a sequel.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-dis...-012-announced/

Any thoughts? Can't wait to follow this more closely as more news gets released.

--------------------
//www.rpgmaker.net/
We make games. Period.
Post #187629
Posted: 8th September 2010 05:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Good. Looking forward to the inevitable fanart surge.

How about a new character prediction challenge?

Fangirl pix: Leon, Faris, Locke, Vincent, Seifer, umm...Steiner?, Auron, Balthier, Snow. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Cavefish is delicious, but only if cooked."
Post #187630
Posted: 8th September 2010 05:52

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
I haven't gotten to play the first, what with not owning a PSP and all, though I only ever heard good things and really want to try it.

To follow the fan service, I know he's no FF character, but clearly Squaresoft isn't above merging franchises, and may take a note from Nintendo, for that matter.

I would love to rock Chrono. Dude would be freakin' sweet. Just sayin'.

As far as straight FFness, I think Tifa'd be a fun addition. Classic Tifa, though. With some more proper proportions, though.

Aaaannnddd... I'd like to have Ramza. Where was he in all the madness? He'd be great, in my opinion.

I'd have to agree with Shiva on adding Locke, too. And Mog for kicks. I wanna' play as a moogle, damnit!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #187631
Posted: 8th September 2010 23:16

Dragoon

Awards:
More Characters (and wishfully thinking) and a PS2 release.
Post #187632
Posted: 9th September 2010 18:40

Cactuar

Awards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

--------------------
"When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some!" - Claire Farron
Post #187640
Posted: 10th September 2010 13:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
It's cool they're making another Dissidia game. I've been enjoying the first one immensely. I'll be very interested to see which characters will be appearing in this one, or if they'll bring back any of the characters from the first game.

I'm happy that Kain will be making an appearance, as he was always one of my favorite characters in FF4. As for some of the other games, I'd like to see Leon, Faris, Tifa, and Yuna. I'm hoping it'll be Locke or Celes for FF6, but Leo would be an interesting choice as well. I always thought it was a shame that he was only a player character for one battle, and this could be an opportunity to do more with him. (Leo certainly has unfinished business with Gestahl and Kefka, which would make for an interesting plotline in story mode.) Too, his Shock techniques would translate well to an action/fighting game.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see! biggrin.gif

Just noticed that the site Tryscal linked to posted an update and translated some of the stuff in the ad featuring Kain and Lightning. Looks like Cecil will be back in Duodecim, and I'm getting the impression that most, if not, all of the original cast will be coming back as well.

This post has been edited by Psiren on 10th September 2010 15:00
Post #187645
Posted: 10th September 2010 17:39

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
I can't wait! I lost about 300 hours of my life playing the first one (due to my obsessive need to have one of every item at the same time), and I'm sure the sequel will be just as addictive. All I need is a Moomba summon and I'll be happy. happy.gif

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #187651
Posted: 11th September 2010 17:23

Engineer

Awards:
Locke and or Celes, plz? k, thx. bai.

(And that's all i have to say. I will definitely have to play the game if one of them show up.)

--------------------
Post #187665
Posted: 12th September 2010 08:04

Cactuar

Awards:
Hooboyhooboyhooboy I can't wait for it! I'm gonna save up for a PSP that doesn't suck and get this for me birthday! I hope Square includes a Chaos Storyline that you can actually play. And make Chaos playable in a secret unlockable mode or something. And I hope Cecil dies so that Kain can come to the fore. And Zidane (as much as I like him) as well, Dissidia needs some Vivi power!

They've put up a Dissida teaser site here: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia_012/

I can't read the writing so I can only guess that it's going to be made by the Japanese (which I guess was kind of obvious anyway...)

Nice tune though

This post has been edited by R8.50 Mango on 14th September 2010 12:47

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #187670
Posted: 14th September 2010 14:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
If you note my news thread posted a few minutes ago, there are some screenshots in there.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/news/article/...w-this-week-tw/

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #187680
Posted: 14th September 2010 15:49

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Wow! Those screenshots look fantastic! I'm jonesin' for this game more than ever now. thumbup.gif

Guess history's repeating itself. I felt the same way when the first game came out.
Post #187682
Posted: 15th September 2010 23:45

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
More news!

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-dis...-famitsu-scans/

There's quite a few new characters in the works it seems, and some new features.

--------------------
//www.rpgmaker.net/
We make games. Period.
Post #187706
Posted: 26th September 2010 17:03

Cactuar

Awards:
Tifa's in! YES! My prayers were answered! And Kain! Now all we need is Vivi and Balthier and the Greatest Game Ever has been made!

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #187898
Posted: 20th October 2010 03:24

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
They made it official. Before it was only TGS floor reports with no images. Now, pics.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Post #188541
Posted: 29th October 2010 04:51

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I would love it so much if you could play as Gilgamesh.

His finisher would be Excalipoor. biggrin.gif

--------------------
The meaning of life is life itself.

We were put on this earth to follow our dreams unabated.
Post #188796
Posted: 10th November 2010 04:49

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Look who it is

user posted image

--------------------
Post #189236
Posted: 10th November 2010 07:50

Crusader

Awards:
id rather have balthier in, but vaans alright in my book. he wasnt as annoying as tidus and never really cried/had daddy issues, so whatever

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #189237
Posted: 10th November 2010 10:18

Cactuar

Awards:
*sits forlornly at a barstool, quietly drinking his sorrows away*

I mean, I know he's meant to be the main protagonist of XII, but why? Why Vaan? Basch: yes, Ashe: YES, Balthier: HELL YES, but Vaan? No. Just no. At least I prefer him to Cecil.

There is a silver lining, fellow Vaan haters: Now we can beat the crap out of him with REAL characters! Golbez's pimp hand shall be felt!

--------------------
Post #189239
Posted: 10th November 2010 18:29

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Perigryn @ 8th September 2010 05:52)

Oh hells yeah. Luminare or Confuse/Frenzy would be great EX Bursts.

As long as we're on the topic of other Squenix characters, you know who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Dissidia game? Neku from The World Ends With You.

My inner fanboy already has it planned out - he could fight using the various psychs (Pyrokinesis, Force Rounds, Thunderbolt, etc). For his EX Mode, he could equip the Darklit Planets set, and for his EX Burst, he could use the Irregular Note set (Hushed As The Wood, Swift As The Wind, Fierce As The Flame, Stalwart As The Mount) to zap his opponent a bajillion times before finishing him/her/it off with a Nexus Ray.

This post has been edited by Insegredious on 10th November 2010 18:56

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #189258
Posted: 11th November 2010 00:41

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Insegredious @ 10th November 2010 13:29)
Quote (Perigryn @ 8th September 2010 05:52)

Oh hells yeah. Luminare or Confuse/Frenzy would be great EX Bursts.

As long as we're on the topic of other Squenix characters, you know who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Dissidia game? Neku from The World Ends With You.

My inner fanboy already has it planned out - he could fight using the various psychs (Pyrokinesis, Force Rounds, Thunderbolt, etc). For his EX Mode, he could equip the Darklit Planets set, and for his EX Burst, he could use the Irregular Note set (Hushed As The Wood, Swift As The Wind, Fierce As The Flame, Stalwart As The Mount) to zap his opponent a bajillion times before finishing him/her/it off with a Nexus Ray.

i wanna see ramza, that'd be pretty sweet. he could equip different class abilities as his moveset and use ultima/zodiac as an ex burst

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #189288
Posted: 11th November 2010 02:12

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
I must say, I'd like to see what the new stages have to offer
I like the inclusion of the Prima Vista more than I should I fear
Post #189291
Posted: 11th November 2010 17:54

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I would've liked to see someone other than Vaan myself. The most frustrating thing about Dissidia, though, is that there are simply so many great characters in the FF universe to choose from. I think it'd be nice to see a character like Wakka/Balthier, aka someone who has distance physical attack, just to mix things up a bit.

I'm also interested to hear more about stages. I feel like squenix can come up with much better ones than what was in the original. That's not to say that there weren't some really cool locations, but I think that there's a ton of places that could be employed. How about Balamb Garden, for instance? Or perhaps Terra? The battle locations don't have to be all final battle-y and dark: how about the shores of Besaid?

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #189324
Posted: 12th November 2010 04:05
Returner

As far as I'm concerned, they sold me with announcing Lightning, Kain, and MUTHAFUGGIN' TIFA. Anything else beyond this is gravy. (Though...if they add Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Shadow....hell, ANYONE besides Setzer from 6, Auron from 10, or Ramza, Agrias, or Delita {ESPECIALLY if they make Delita the CHAOS warrior from Tactics}, then I will go ahead and call Dissidia 2 the absolute, most unbeatably greatest game of ALL TIME.)

Like that one idea I read about crossing over into other Squeenix games, too. If they pull out a Chrono series or Star Ocean series character in there.......oh holy hell. I think I'll melt into a puddle right then and there from just hearing that announced.

This post has been edited by The Talk Of The Town on 12th November 2010 04:06
Post #189351
Posted: 12th November 2010 04:54

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (The Talk Of The Town @ 12th November 2010 04:05)
hell, ANYONE besides Setzer from 6

Although I'd prefer Locke or Celes over Setzer, I'd be okay with Setzer as long as they undid what they did to him in KH2.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #189353
Posted: 16th December 2010 07:31
Returner

Looks like the world map is kinda what I'm thinking it to be happy.gif

user posted image

New battle movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2TPpD2EL8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq8142ab3GY
Post #191198
Posted: 16th December 2010 13:45

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
You forgot the the scans of the new costumes and the new Final Fantasy III stage

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 16th December 2010 13:48
Post #191199
Posted: 17th December 2010 01:53

Cactuar

Awards:
Although they probably won't add him, I would absolutely LOVE to see Gilgamesh from FFV fighting on the side of Chaos.

And even though he's (mostly) an NPC, it would be awesome, especially storyline-wise, to have General Leo from FFVI fighting for Chaos as well.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #191222
Posted: 24th December 2010 13:56

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
user posted image

New trailer, click the picture to see

Characters: We have Yuna from X

Stages: Empyreal Paradox from XI
Ghost Train from VI
Some more scenes of Pandamonium's Throne Room and the Crystal Tower from 2 and 3

Summons: Byrnhilda

Additional details: Some map gameplay
Parts of the intro trailer
Post #191515
Posted: 25th December 2010 10:30

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Heck yeah, GHOST TRAIN! And Yuna's good too.

I second with my whole heart that Gilgamesh would be an excellent choice. He's badass, funny, popular among fans and a recurring character.

@ The Talk Of The Town: "Anyone except Setzer?" Really? Would you have rather have Gau or Umaro than Setzer? If I had to pick another FFVI character, Setzer or Shadow would be my choices.
Post #191524
Posted: 25th December 2010 18:31

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Oh hahaha, when you wrote "Ghost Train" I totally missed that it was a location and thought it was a playable character. I was about to throw a damn fit and I haven't even played the game.

GHOST TRAIN USED CHARGE!
Everyone dodged.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #191536
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: