CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Revamped CoN Wallpaper Section Live

Posted: 4th June 2009 10:42

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
After ignoring it for far too long, I've now gone through and reconfigured the wallpaper section of CoN to be database-driven; additionally, I've rebranded all the offerings so they're more recognizably CoN. What this means to you, the visitor, is that you can now search through all our wallpapers by size or game, and that we've expanded the total collection from just forty-one total wallpapers across all sizes and designs to over two hundred, including the first wallpapers for both Chrono Trigger and the site itself. So, please, install a wallpaper. Don't let my work be in vain.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #178036
Posted: 4th June 2009 22:28

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Can you make it dynamic so the CoN logo background switches colour randomly every few hours? smile.gif

I kid. Partly. Blue looks pretty.
Post #178052
Posted: 4th June 2009 22:36

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (footbigmike @ 4th June 2009 18:28)
Can you make it dynamic so the CoN logo background switches colour randomly every few hours? smile.gif

I kid. Partly. Blue looks pretty.

Windows supports animated GIFs, so, technically, yes. However, GIF isn't a very good choice for that level of detail. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #178053
Posted: 5th June 2009 02:02

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Peace, Love, FF is awesome. Thanks a lot.

--------------------
Post #178062
Posted: 5th June 2009 15:08

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Just thought I should let you know that your work has indeed not gone in vain, for I now have some wonderful new wallpapers - ones that actually fit my screen too! Many thanks!

--------------------
Bright light, shine down on bloody impurity! Hol...Pearl??
Post #178090
Posted: 5th June 2009 15:12

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (AtmaDragoon @ 5th June 2009 11:08)
Just thought I should let you know that your work has indeed not gone in vain, for I now have some wonderful new wallpapers - ones that actually fit my screen too! Many thanks!

Glad to hear it, which ones did you go for?

--------------------

Post #178091
Posted: 5th June 2009 23:07

Behemoth

Awards:
The Peace, Love, FF and the Vector one work really well. Thanks

--------------------
Post #178110
Posted: 6th June 2009 18:35

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I picked up a little Vector background action and Zalbag at Balbanes' grave.
Post #178119
Posted: 6th June 2009 20:17

SOLDIER

Awards:
Hey, your selection of backgrounds are very nice indeed, but it seems you're lacking on anything FFV related. I get it, not a real major thing here, but my anal retentiveness has made me aware that my favorite installment in the series is without wallpaper.

So I ask, is it possible to make a themed wallpaper, and send them to you for integration into the site?

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #178120
Posted: 6th June 2009 20:37

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (leilong @ 6th June 2009 16:17)
So I ask, is it possible to make a themed wallpaper, and send them to you for integration into the site?

Well, until I redid the section, we hadn't updated wallpaper at all in quite a while. You'll note there's no FF4 either! smile.gif

And yes, if it looks good and is properly sized and isn't extravagantly large in terms of file weight, we'd love to have it. The wallpapers on the site from Kappa, for instance, were done years before he became staff.

--------------------

Post #178121
Posted: 7th June 2009 06:15

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 5th June 2009 10:12)
Glad to hear it, which ones did you go for?

Oh goodness, this requires a list. Lessee...
  • Harmony
  • CoN Logo Primary (Green) [currently set]
  • Crono Sprite
  • Magus Sprite
  • Marle Sprite
  • Gravesite
  • Meteor Burst
  • Vector

I absolutely love that shade of green. It's wonderful, makes me feel at peace just looking at it. And the rest are simply awesome.

--------------------
Bright light, shine down on bloody impurity! Hol...Pearl??
Post #178131
Posted: 7th June 2009 15:44

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (AtmaDragoon @ 7th June 2009 06:15)
[*]CoN Logo Primary (Green) [currently set]

I absolutely love that shade of green.  It's wonderful, makes me feel at peace just looking at it.  And the rest are simply awesome.

You know, I like the one with all four of the colors. I actually copied that thumbnail. A little blurry, but I like it. I haven't actually tried that one yet, but I'll download that one too eventually.

--------------------
Post #178135
Posted: 7th June 2009 18:21

SOLDIER

Awards:
Okay... Hypothetically, if I found pics to compile into wallpapers:

1. Would you CoN brand them upon receipt, or is there a clean image of the brand somewhere I could use?

2. What sizes are preferred? I guess I could probably set for anything, but if there are specific requests, I keep my Dual Screens both set at 1024x768, and my laptop - A MSI Wind Notebook - Has a REALLY weird resolution of 1024x600... So any recommendations there would be appreciated.

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #178144
Posted: 7th June 2009 22:10

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (leilong @ 7th June 2009 14:21)
Okay... Hypothetically, if I found pics to compile into wallpapers:

1. Would you CoN brand them upon receipt, or is there a clean image of the brand somewhere I could use?

2. What sizes are preferred? I guess I could probably set for anything, but if there are specific requests, I keep my Dual Screens both set at 1024x768, and my laptop - A MSI Wind Notebook - Has a REALLY weird resolution of 1024x600... So any recommendations there would be appreciated.

1. We'll add the branding, it can be a bit tricky to get it just right, particularly if you use an image editor that doesn't play nicely with Photoshop CS2 and higher.

2. If you look at any of the newer wallpapers, like the two new CoN ones or any of the CT ones for instance, you can see generally what we have going. If you want a size outside of that, it's okay. I mean, you're the one making it. The resolution you mention on your netbook, even one as common as a Wind, only makes up 1.2% of our traffic for last month, so if you want to do one, not a problem, but most of the most popular sizes are reflected in the aforementioned designs.

--------------------

Post #178152
Posted: 8th June 2009 14:25

SOLDIER

Awards:
I thought about just PM-ing this question to you R51, but I figured that if anyone else was interested in Wallpaper making, they would end up here, and it would save a message for later.

1. We'll add the branding, it can be a bit tricky to get it just right, particularly if you use an image editor that doesn't play nicely with Photoshop CS2 and higher.

I've been saving my final files as JPGs, Shall I keep them PNGs for you?

Unfortunately, I'm not a photoshopper, I actually use a very ancient version of Fireworks (4.0!), but it was what I was trained on back in the Web Page Programming days in high school, so the capabilities may be lacking, but I can zip through it very well.

--------------------

Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #178159
Posted: 8th June 2009 14:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
There are two ways of going about it - if you're confident that you understand why certain images are saved in specific formats, go for it. Otherwise, save it in something that's lossless (24-bit PNG, 24-bit bitmap) and kick it over that way and I'll deal.

--------------------

Post #178160
Posted: 15th June 2009 12:49

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Nice, I was just in need of a new wallpaper anyway. I really like the Zalbaag one.
Post #178267
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: