Final Fantasy XV on the Way to Steam
Final Fantasy XV is, predictably, now on the way to Windows PCs worldwide early in 2018. The release was announced today at Gamescom in Germany, and without a specific release date; however, the game is looking to be an upgrade in various visual and aural ways, leveraging NVIDIA GameWorks technology:
- 4K textures, scalable up to 8K in config
- Enhanced fluid, fire, and smoke effects
- Enhanced hair and fur effects
- Dynamic shadows on models
- Better grass and foliage animation
- HDR lighting and improved environmental lighting
For some reason, it will have the subtitle "Windows Edition" applied when released on Steam next year. It's going to take a serious, serious rig to max this game out, so start your building plans now.
|Member Since: 1997-07-31|
|News articles posted: 451|
|More articles by Rangers51|
|ShaneT12||Comment 1: 2017-08-21 14:16|
I have been waiting on this announcement!
Looks like I don't have long to get caught up in the FF Series!
|Please Log In to Add Comments|