CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Fanfiction Fanart

Posted: 27th October 2013 10:49

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I would like thier to be a chice to post Fanfiction Fanart on this site, because i tried, but it got denied. This would be cool to have this. cool.gif

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #205295
Posted: 27th October 2013 13:50

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Sorry, I don't think I'll be adding that. It becomes a similar issue to what the community once talked about years ago with adding coverage of fan translation games alongside official versions of games we cover. Back then, it was a discussion of which games have enough visibility and notoriety to deserve it. In this case, it would be a case of "what fanfiction counts?" Is it any on the forums? Any on the site? Any on the Internet? How do we categorize it? How do we explain to users what character belongs where? Do we expect a general visitor to the site to be interested in fanart pertaining to a fanfic they probably haven't read?

I can understand why you would have an interest in publishing fanart for your own creation, but as a site we have to look at the bigger picture. We're not DeviantArt, we're just a Square Enix site trying to provide a fanart collection that will appeal to the greatest number of our users. You're more than welcome to post anything you like in the Your Creations forum, of course, any time.

Edit
Added link to discussion about fansub games once I found it.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 27th October 2013 13:55

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #205296
Posted: 27th October 2013 15:18

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Ok, thank r51 smile.gif

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #205298
Posted: 28th October 2013 23:57

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Hey, HolyCeles! If it makes you feel better, I'm quite sure I've submitted pictures that aren't perfectly canon, more of a "What-if" type scenario, so you should be fine to just keep submitting your art under Site Submissions. Many people have put different couples that aren't cannon, re-imaginings and interpretations of in-game characters, so as long as it has your Squenix characters it should be fine!

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #205307
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: