CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
best fighter

Posted: 2nd January 2010 20:51
Returner

which job class in tactics do you think is the best fighter?
Post #183078
Posted: 2nd January 2010 23:38

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Depends on what you mean by best. I'm a fan of the barefist ninja with shirahadori. Good move, good speed, good damage. Only downside is they have low hp.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #183082
Posted: 3rd January 2010 06:35

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
In the grand scheme of things, Ramza with Tailwind, Focus and an awesome sword. For easy damage, probably the Thunder God or Agrias. For generic's, I'm a big fan of Knight's with Martial Arts. Martial Arts is the best skill set ever! Healing, Damage, Enemy Debuffs and they are well armored, what's not to love?
Post #183083
Posted: 3rd January 2010 17:08

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'm partial to Squire Ramza with Two Swords, Blade Grasp, Punch Art and Move+2

For generics I use Dual wielding Knights with whatever secondary skillset complements them the most

And A Wizard with math skill and Holy biggrin.gif

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #183085
Posted: 3rd January 2010 22:21

Returner

Awards:
Quote (R8.50 Mango @ 3rd January 2010 17:08)

For generics I use Dual wielding Knights with whatever secondary skillset complements them the most

...and Chameleon Robes for everyone else. And Martial Arts complements everybody. Doesn't matter who it is. Mage? Give 'em Chakra to restore MP and HP. Front-line Fighter? Give 'em Chakra (for the same reasons) and Shockwave to attack from afar. Plus Purification and Revive for nasty ailments and dead guys. Too bad Martial Arts sucks on hilly terrain.
Post #183092
Posted: 3rd January 2010 23:22

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The best character in the game is Dragoner Reis with Calculate. More MA, PA, Speed, HP, and MP than just about every non-Mime if you level her up as a Dragoner.

--------------------
Post #183097
Posted: 4th January 2010 15:01
Returner

I always preferred Ramza with a knight sword (Chaos), Robe of lords (+2 at), Bracer (+3 at), Guts, Draw out, Blade grasp, Two hands, Move +3 and next to no faith. He will destroy everything or I do the samurai verson of the combo.
Post #183111
Posted: 4th January 2010 16:34

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (DragonGod @ 3rd January 2010 22:21)

...and Chameleon Robes for everyone else. And Martial Arts complements everybody. Doesn't matter who it is. Mage? Give 'em Chakra to restore MP and HP. Front-line Fighter? Give 'em Chakra (for the same reasons) and Shockwave to attack from afar. Plus Purification and Revive for nasty ailments and dead guys. Too bad Martial Arts sucks on hilly terrain.

And what if you need to steal something? Or if you're fighting on hilly terrain? Then what?

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #183112
Posted: 4th January 2010 17:40

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Hehe. I play only generics most of the time so I forget that people actually use the storyline characters.

Calculating holy completely breaks the game. I wouldn't consider that a fighter though. I'm curious as to what the TC actually meant by the question since it's been answered in couple of different manners.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #183113
Posted: 10th January 2010 03:26

Returner

Awards:
Quote (R8.50 Mango @ 4th January 2010 16:34)
Quote (DragonGod @ 3rd January 2010 22:21)

And what if you need to steal something? Or if you're fighting on hilly terrain? Then what?

Then use another skillset. Thought that was obvious. If current strategies don't work, use different one's. That's why you can save your game. I just happen to like the Monk's skillset because it works for my strategies. No need to get aggressive because you may have a different strategy.
Post #183164
Posted: 10th January 2010 04:52

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
No one ever equips Maintenance anymore. I swear, you folks act as if no one uses break techniques in the game, when they are easily the most common secondary skill set used by NPC's. (not ot mention it prevent items getting stolen as well, always a plus)

Anyway, as far as best combatant(light), I prefer Mustadio as a Chemist with Snipe secondary, speed save reaction, maintenance support and teleport move.

For his equips I generally use a Blaze gun, Thief's Hat(for speed), Secret Clothes (start invisible, speed up again) and N'Kai Armlet (prevent confusion and charm)

For a heavy style fighter I'll go with Beowulf as a Temple Knight with Draw Out secondary, Blade Grasp reaction, Maintenance on support (he needs to have a sword to function after all) and the almighty teleport as move.

For equips I'll give him either Chaos Sword or Excalibur, Escutcheon II, Grand Helm, Robe of Lords ( I think he can equip robes, not sure, if not Maximillian) and N'Kai Armlet.

As you can see, I like to control the status of my opponent, and leave the damage output to the wizards and summoners. Besides, damage can be healed, chicken and petrify, not so easily.

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #183165
Posted: 11th January 2010 00:16

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
It depends a lot, as far we don't use to distinguish the first game with War of Lions. Because, having Dark Knight class, make the game so easier that, DK can be considered as the best special and classic attack class in the whole game. Getting Ramza, Agrias or Malak make them uber-alien characters.

As the true FFT is the ONE, which is on PS1, i have to say that the best "fighter" class is the 90's Brave Ninja, with Steal, Brawler or Poach (i don't remember the original names), Blade Grasp, Move+3 or Teleport. Good as hell, can fight everyone, got excellent speed, good PA and it's really useful in the storyline battles.

--------------------
#1 Italian in The Caves of Narshe :D
Mercenary Dark Knight

Knight: Great, here comes a crowd! Gafgarion! Kill them!! And do it now!!
Gafgarion: Don’t know what’s going on, but it’s in the contract!
Post #183178
Posted: 11th January 2010 02:51

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Weapons, as well as equipment in general, are expensive in this game. However Monks don't need them, so I say Monk. I'm not sure why but in my experience, a two-sworded monk can deal enough damage to make the generic enemies go poof instantly, so any damage over that doesn't matter so much anyway.

--------------------
Post #183183
Posted: 11th January 2010 03:26

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
Weapons, as well as equipment in general, are expensive in this game.

Only if you don't steal it! Also, having someone with Catch in Deep Dungeon is a great way to get multiples of high end weapons. It's all about Tactics yo.

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #183184
Posted: 9th March 2010 20:35

Returner

Awards:
Personally, I'm an extremely huge fan of Knights with a Punch Art secondary ability; 'Cheered' Blade Grasp users (Later in the game, so there's some challenge left), Defense Up or something similar comes in handy when coupled with an Aegis Shield (Listed below); and either Ignore Height (If it's a bumpy/tallish map) or Move +3.

For equipment, I like to use an Aegis Shield (For the bulky Magic evade), a Blood Sword (If it's available), Excalibur (Always haste is pleasant), or the next most effective sword in my arsenal; Robe of Lords (Or the White Robe early on), Green Berets (Pre-chapter 4) and Thief Hats are excellent to say the least, and I like to finish it off with either a Sprint Shoes (For those story battles), or a Bracer (For the random ones).

My favorite character would be obvious (Refer to my username); Because of his amazing innate skillset.

I tend to stray from perma-mages, and just use them for their reactions and such.

-Favorite Overall Jobs-
Knights
Squires
Lancers
Monks
Ninjas

Woo.

This post has been edited by _BeowulfKadmus on 9th March 2010 20:37
Post #184208
Posted: 10th March 2010 19:18

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Definatly a Monk with , Basic Skills, HP Restore, Equip Armor, and Move-HP-Up moving all the time helps recover Hps, when not in range you can use Accumulate, Armors gives them more HP and and when in critical you get full Hps

--------------------
In order to find your oppenent's weakness, you must first learn their pattern. Once you know their pattern, you can build a counter strategy.
Post #184228
Posted: 20th March 2010 22:41

Returner

Wizard
Mathskill (holy learned)
anything
anything
anything

anything
anything
anything
chameleon robe
anything

no debate, the most powerful unit available, it can one shot the entire field and heal itself.

--------------------
If they give you lined paper write the other way.
Post #184433
Posted: 20th March 2010 23:51

Crusader

Awards:
ive always been partial to a knight class with:

monk skill secondary for healing and reviving, blade grasp, dual wield (for added fun, i use chaos blade + excalibur), and move +2/3 if you have it. i level up a lot with fast classes to get the speed decent and once im done, i have a powerhouse. high hp, kills things in pretty much one hit, high speed, and able to heal/revive things in a bad situation

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #184435
Posted: 22nd March 2010 01:37

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Quote (R8.50 Mango @ 3rd January 2010 12:08)

Your heavy hitters sound almost identical to my heavy hitters. I always favor physical-based damage over magic based parties/themes.

You lost me with the wizard at the bottom, though. pinch.gif

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #184453
Posted: 24th March 2010 23:39

Group Icon
Returner

Sephiroth is definitely the best fighter with his masamune and genji set
Post #184527
Posted: 25th March 2010 14:10

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Tornado Jack @ 24th March 2010 23:39)
Sephiroth is definitely the best fighter with his masamune and genji set

Sephiroth? You mean Elmdor?

--------------------
In order to find your oppenent's weakness, you must first learn their pattern. Once you know their pattern, you can build a counter strategy.
Post #184541
Posted: 4th June 2010 01:33

Onion Knight

Awards:
best fighter cloud with his secret ability's

--------------------
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]BLAMO

you have been ninjad
Post #185904
Posted: 4th June 2010 11:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I disagree. Those things take forever to charge, and you have to do a bunch of sidequests to even get them. And the Materia blade plain sucks when you're just hitting stuff with it.

This post has been edited by Toransu Kuja on 4th June 2010 11:49

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #185912
Posted: 22nd June 2010 20:38

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Quote (Tonepoet @ 10th January 2010 21:51)
Weapons, as well as equipment in general, are expensive in this game. However Monks don't need them, so I say Monk. I'm not sure why but in my experience, a two-sworded monk can deal enough damage to make the generic enemies go poof instantly, so any damage over that doesn't matter so much anyway.

I absolutely agree. Monk's are a great all around class. Even when I had Ramza as a monk, he pretty much could've solo'd everything, not gonna' lie.

If you were to combine, though, Monk/Ninja's are a pretty devastating combo as well.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #186266
Posted: 5th September 2010 07:39
Returner

I have only played the PS1 version but Orlandu with as Holy Swordsman with 2 Swords (Chaos Blade and Excalibur for auto Haste) and monk skills as Secondary (free heals, rezzes) Auto-Potion and Move +3 can really own some face.
Post #187598
Posted: 17th September 2010 08:47

Cactuar

Awards:
I've always favored lancers armed with holy lances. If you get lucky and the lance randomly casts holy, nighty night to anyone on the receaving end.

--------------------
A hero is somone who steps up when everyone else backs down.

Your greatest adversary hides inside your mirror.
Post #187726
Posted: 12th October 2010 17:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
The Mime, because they can mimic the attack of any character, thus making
them a veritable Jack-Of-All-Trades. thumbup.gif

--------------------
The meaning of life is life itself.

We were put on this earth to follow our dreams unabated.
Post #188429
Posted: 21st October 2010 20:39

Onion Knight

Awards:
Gosh, I feel really out of place...
My main damage dealers tend to be my Lancer and Summoner...

I always seem to gravitate to the same party combinations:
Ramza, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner and either Lancer/Agrias
Lancer, Geomancer, Dancer, Bard, Ninja or
Lancer, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner and Bard

...I abuse magic far too much.

--------------------
Yours, with sarcasm,
Kjel
Post #188581
Posted: 2nd November 2010 04:48

Returner

Awards:
A wizard with Arithmetic skill is great!

This post has been edited by Bahemoth ZERO on 2nd November 2010 05:57

--------------------
Quote (by: Cloud)
All right, everyone, lets mosey
Post #188921
Posted: 11th November 2010 02:32

Onion Knight

Awards:
i can not say there is a best fighter but i can tell you what i perfered i used the samurai and ninja alot and id use up katanas till they break alot but i have to say i LOVED the samurai ability to dodge it was amazing and i gave it to almost all my fighters

--------------------
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]BLAMO

you have been ninjad
Post #189293
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: