CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Effects Of Stats

Posted: 29th August 2004 14:59

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I've been playing the classic Final Fantasy since a few years after it came out, but I still don't know exactly what the stats do:

Strength, Agility, Intellience, Endurance(Vitality), Luck

I know strength raises the damage of non-blackbelt characters by one for every two points in strength. The other 4 I have no clue what they do, although I have ideas based purely on their name, but still I haven't seen any effect from characters with high intelligence vs low intelligence and vise versa. Does anyone know if the other 4 stats have any effect at all in battle? If they do could you explain it too me numerically or perhaps post a link that explains it. Many thanks.

--------------------
-I like you- ...probably.
Post #57866
Posted: 29th August 2004 15:39

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
As far as I know it's the same as other FFs...

The value of strength determines the degree of base damage caused by physical attacks and is raised at level-up.
The value of attack determines the degree of added damage caused by physical attacks and is raised by equipped weapons.
The value of agility determines the success rate of escape and attack speed.
The value of inteligence determines the degree of damage caused by a magic attack and degree of healing caused by curative magic.
The value of defence determines the degree of damage a character can endure from a physical attack.
The value of endurence determines the degree of damage reduced from a physical attack.
The value of luck determines the success rate of status attacks caused to or by the character as well as chance of critical attacks.

To uderstand STR you need to understand ATK, and the same with DEF and END. ^^ Is why I added them.

This post has been edited by Mu the Squirrel on 29th August 2004 15:43

--------------------
The Arcana are the means by which ALL is revealed.
Post #57873
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: