CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What is your best party?

Posted: 26th September 2004 01:39

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
My team would most definately consist of a:

White mage/White wizard
Warrior/Knight
Black mage/Black wizard

My last would be the thief/ninja for magic on a warrior or the monk/master for the high atk at hit rate.

Go Light Warriors!
HOO HOO HOO!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
<DrkMagimaster282> MWAHAHA. I,
DrkMagimaster282, shall wreak havoc and destroy...
<Mother>TIIIIIIMMYYY...are you planning evil, unkind revenge again in the bathroom??
<DrkMagimaster282>UMMMMMMMM...NO.

CoN day is May 27th, 2005
Join elder-geek.com for unbiased reviews, no console wars here...
Post #60601
Posted: 6th November 2004 13:47

Cactuar

Awards:
I like to start with fighter, thief, black mage, and white mage, or just substitute the thief for a red mage. What do you like?

--------------------
Dang. And here I was hoping the next big thing in hip hop would be, y'know, silence. ~Djibriel

Twilight Paladin.com We are now twilightpaladin.co.nr! It's not .com, but, oh well.

The Twilight Forums!
Post #64784
Posted: 6th November 2004 18:39

SOLDIER

Awards:
i havnt really gotten that far in it yet but here is the party i have right now
Thief
White mage
Black Mage
and i think its called monk not sure though.

--------------------
Don't fear the reaper!
Wonderful system this "Democracy" is no mechanism to break a tie -Dinobot-
It's spelled Raymond Luxray Yatch but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Sic Semper Tyrannis bush.
Post #64801
Posted: 7th November 2004 01:04

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I usually have two black-belts and a white mage and a black mage for my starting party.That way I have a balance of good offensive magic and defensive/curing magic,as well as very powerful attackers.
Post #64836
Posted: 3rd December 2004 22:18

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Warrior/Knight - Eric - My personal avatar in this game. Like classic Fighter, I too like swords; and axes, and hammers, and sticks, and my old sock; basicly anything that can cause damage.

Thief/Ninja - Zanza - My #2 guy, man look at how many times he just hit that monster. thumbup.gif

Black Mage/Black Wizard - Loki - Because every Fighter needs a Black Mage.

White Mage/White Wizard - Crista - Because every Knight needs a girl to protect, look:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
See, now isn't that cool.

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions Avatar

The Brave Knight
Name: Eirikir Lashius (Ramza)
Role: Knight
AA1: Arts of War
AA2: Guts
R: Counter
S: Concentration
M: Move +3
W: Durandal
O: Reverie Shield
H: Grand Helm
B: Grand Armor
A: Brigand's Gloves
Post #66633
Posted: 6th December 2004 02:43

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Rubicant @ 16th August 2004 18:58)
I always go with a Warrior/Knight, Monk/Master, White Mage/White Wizard, and Black Mage/Black Wizard.

Nothing beats an Excalibur-powered Knight, Haste-powered Master, Masamune-powered White Wizard, and Flare-casting Black Mage. Complete and utter destruction.

My first party was a Warrior/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage, and I pretty much breezed through the majority of the game. I am trying replacing my thief with a Master as Rubicant suggested to me before I saw this post. So far, so good...
Post #66791
Posted: 6th December 2004 05:43

Returner

Fighter/Fighter/Fighter/Red Mage

So awesome. Give everyone a Silver Sword and they'll be owning against Lich. The Red Mage provides everything the black and white mages can do, and then some.
Post #66799
Posted: 8th December 2004 15:51

Returner

Best... Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage.

Four White Mages?!? It'll Never Work!
(black mage, 8-bit theatre)

--------------------
From the shores of hell,
Nobody can tell,
For all those who have fallen,
And those who've been forgotten!

Dark Esper
Post #66997
Posted: 8th December 2004 16:36
Returner

Awards:
Allerk- Knight (Every party need someone with 999 hp on lvl 50 that can tank well)
Drizzt- Master (To tell you the truth I didn't really like the Master, anyway, he was dead on almost everytime)
Xander- Red Wizzy (Omg, I loved this class, decent hp/mp, perfect healer in the first half of the game, can do good dmg when well equiped... Just great)
Kornus- Black Wizzy (Every party should have a Black Wiz, even with low hp, it's just great to pump lvl with Warp and to Nuke bosses with Flare...)

I would replace the Master for a Ninja or White Wiz, since I don't really care about healing, I would get the Ninja.
Post #67000
Posted: 9th December 2004 05:44

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Member of more than five years. 
Just wanted to point out...I had a Black Belt in my party, and a Black mage (you don't get to know my other two) ^_~ anyway, I had the Black Mage (Black Wizard) cast Steel constantly on the Black Belt (Master) (Yes I have the PS version) and then use Haste, and there is one item that raises the attack power and accuracy but I can't remember the name...anyway, after I ran out of MP, I attacked and took 16,000 damage to Chaos. I'm curious as to what I could do to a Wolf (who has 0 defense) tongue.gif

By the way, Black Belts do best damage at high levels with no weapon equipped ^_~

This post has been edited by LeviathanMist on 9th December 2004 05:45
Post #67090
Posted: 9th December 2004 06:44

Onion Knight

Awards:
Yeah, my master is so much better than the thief iI used last time. Powerful, and you save money on purchasing weapons for him. And I think that item is the Giant's Glove or something...I know that item casts Saber on the caster.
Post #67096
Posted: 9th December 2004 17:03
Returner

Awards:
Maybe my master sucks because I don't try unequiping him since lvl 30 or so, and now he's on 78... Still using a iron nukachu (don't remember the name heh).
I gonna check that later
Post #67109
Posted: 11th December 2004 03:20

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Member of more than five years. 
With no boosts at level 50 he'll do about 1000 damage or so...at level 30 he should be weak.
Post #67316
Posted: 12th December 2004 00:15

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (LeviathanMist @ 10th December 2004 22:20)
With no boosts at level 50 he'll do about 1000 damage or so...at level 30 he should be weak.

Even as a monk my Master was kicking arse bare-handed. Actually, I enjoyed it so much...that I now consider it a sin to even have a monk/master equipped with a weapon...EVER!
Post #67364
Posted: 12th December 2004 00:50

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Masters used to be my favorite class, but now that I've played through the entire game (save for only Chaos....) with 4 Ninjas, I have come to truly appreciate their power. Ninjas have every you need, really. I have only two spells for each Ninja: Haste/Fast, and Temper/Steel. With those two spells alone, I can instakill any boss. Ninjas can not only equip the best swords in the game (except the Excalibur...stupid Knights), but can use the spells I listed just prior to this, have huge evasion, decent attack power, and can run. The only downside to using Ninjas is that they can't heal very well and they can't equip the best armor, but that's hardly an issue when your evasion stat is something insane like 150 at level 55. happy.gif

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #67367
Posted: 12th December 2004 04:59

Onion Knight

Awards:
I used a thief/ninja in my first playthrough, and I liked ninjas. Now I am using a knight/master/WW/BW and it is totally great. Knight and Master are obvious..then the WW with the Masamune makes her a DECENT attack threat for what I like to call 'backup damage'. And the BW casting Flare. Damage Inc.!

Hmmm maybe I'll lose the Knight next time and use a Ninja, Master, WW, BW. Or perhaps I should try a Red Mage heh...I'll get to em all eventually. Dunno about an all WM party though unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Bomber on 12th December 2004 05:01
Post #67373
Posted: 12th December 2004 17:12

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I think next runthrough I'm going to use 4 BM/BW's. That is, unless I go back to when I saved right before the class change, and finish the game with four Thieves.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #67388
Posted: 12th December 2004 21:37

Onion Knight

Awards:
Hmmm I was just thinking about maybe a Ninja/BW/BW/RW.
Post #67398
Posted: 23rd December 2004 07:55

Returner

Fighter
Fighter
Fighter
White Mage

I found myself thinking of the white mage as the main character, while the 3 fighters were my thug bodyguards.
Post #68133
Posted: 25th December 2004 03:49

Onion Knight

Awards:
Mine is also warrior black mage white mage and warrior.

--------------------
when did it start? when did the cogs of fate start to turn?
Post #68189
Posted: 25th December 2004 21:00

Dragoon

Awards:
Knight, Ninja, W. Wizard, and B. Wizard. The Thief/Ninja is the Dawn of Souls version is really powerful (esp. at high levels, mine is at level 80 at the moment.)
Post #68216
Posted: 25th December 2004 22:06

Crusader

Awards:
The classic:

Fighter/Knight
Thief/Ninja
White Mage
Black Mage

But I also LOVE the "football team" of 4 Fighters (go team, go!) - absolutely unkillable, invincible and they wreak havoc like noone else biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #68220
Posted: 27th December 2004 05:35

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
In the NES version it was all about two fighters, a black mage, and a white mage. Nothing could stop them. Nothing.

In the DoS version, however, Monks (formerly black belts) suck less and thieves/ninjas absolutely rule! Magic is still good, but not as awesome. I've tried out three parties already, and thus far the most effective-seeming one is a warrior, a monk, and two thieves. Being able to have those two ninjas haste/temper your master simultaneously lets you beat ANY boss in the game in fewer than three rounds after you've gone through Bahamut's trial.

--------------------
Post #68302
Posted: 27th December 2004 21:43

Cactuar

Awards:
I like this party:
Fighter (I like swords)
Thief (more swords)
White Mage (all white magic)
Black Mage (all black magic)

Perfect setup as soon as Black Mage gets Fira (or Fire2 or whatever you want to call it...)

--------------------
Dang. And here I was hoping the next big thing in hip hop would be, y'know, silence. ~Djibriel

Twilight Paladin.com We are now twilightpaladin.co.nr! It's not .com, but, oh well.

The Twilight Forums!
Post #68348
Posted: 28th December 2004 22:35
Returner

Awards:
I am playing DoS with Mo/Mo/Wm/Bm . Monks/Blackbelts are actually better than fighters attack-wise when you get to higher levels, and I hate Red mages.

I am playing through the NES version (harder) with 1 thief (no class change). It is INSANELY hard! I've had enough of thieves with that game, so I didn't pick any. I also played an all thieves game (no class change) and got to the ToF revisited when I got bored. Haven't finished it yet, but it is INFINITELY easier than 1 thief.

After that I think I'll play through the NES version with 1 Wm (no c.c.) or something. It will be refreshing to be able to use magic without using the spell items (which, btw, are the best friends of thieves).

My usual party in other job-based FF's though is Fighter/Fighter/Bm/Wm. It is the second strongest party I think, and even more well-rounded than Mo/Mo/Bm/Wm.
Post #68404
Posted: 29th December 2004 16:41

Returner

I picked the following party:
Fighter: I like swords, and he does good damage.
Thief: More swords, and he does good damage too, plus he is fast.
White Mage: Healing power. Saves on potion buying, and she hits things when no healing is needed.
Black Mage: Stabbity and fiery death to the enemy.
Post #68469
Posted: 31st December 2004 01:49

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Fighter/Warrior
Black Mage/Black Wizard
White Mage/White wizard
Red Mage/Red Wizard

2 fighters and 3 spellcasters are the ultimate party

--------------------
The black wind howls again...
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...
- Magus
Post #68547
Posted: 31st December 2004 01:56

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Hikari @ 29th December 2004 11:41)

Fighter: I like swords, and he does good damage.
Thief: More swords, and he does good damage too, plus he is fast.

Hmmm. Deja vu... sounds like what I said.

Anyway, I may try the same setup sometime, just with the characters in opposite order for a challenge. either that, or I will switch the thief for a monk or red mage.

--------------------

The Twilight Forums!
Post #68549
Posted: 31st December 2004 14:11

Returner

Yeah, it does sound similar to what you said. You a fellow 8-bit theatre fan?

I have also tried two other parties:

Fighter
Monk
White Mage (becomes very essential with a Monk)
Black Mage

and

Fighter
Thief
Red Mage
Black Mage

(yes, I know, it's the 8-bit theatre team)

This post has been edited by Hikari on 31st December 2004 14:12
Post #68587
Posted: 3rd January 2005 19:10

Black Mage

Awards:
I think for the first time many people would haved used yust like me a warrior, a ninja, and the black/white mages and their "upgrades" sleep.gif

--------------------
They may be monsters, but they're sea monsters. What're they gonna do? Flop around on deck and suffocate at us threateningly?
Post #68756
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: