CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
CT Character Optimization - Prism Dress / Helm

Posted: 30th June 2014 15:12
Returner

The Character Optimization page states that the Prism Dress / Prism Helm are rare, so unless you only use one girl you're better off grabbing the Dress when given the choice between 1 Dress / 3 Helms.

This is NOT TRUE.

As the page points out, you can charm one Dress and one Helm from the final boss of the Black Omen dungeon. (Typo alert: the page says the Dress comes from the head. It actually comes from the right hand.) HOWEVER, this boss can be fought MULTIPLE TIMES (once each in multiple eras). Thus, it is possible to get enough Prism Dresses for all the girls in one playthrough, even if you chose the Helms earlier. In fact, by choosing the Helms it is possible to completely equip your characters in a single playthrough.

Please change this on the page. I was led by the page to choose the dress, so now I'll have to wait for a second playthrough when I could have had them now. It's a bit annoying.
Post #207170
Posted: 30th July 2014 21:47

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
To be fair, though -- the Black Omen is practically the final dungeon of the game. Would be nice to make a note of this, though.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207305
Posted: 31st July 2014 01:43

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
You're correct in that you can run through the Black Omen multiple times, and I apologize as the author of that section. In another part of the section additional Black Omen runs are mentioned, but I believe that was an edit (a correct one) made by Josh or Neal.

And I'm sorry I waited this long to respond. I didn't like your tone.

--------------------
Post #207309
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: