CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Fanart section

Posted: 18th October 2013 18:44

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
The fanart section refuses to work. I tried several times and on different days, and every time I tried to go to Step 2, it would give me a blank page and then stop loading. I tried with a different picture, and it worked; but the thumbnail selector did not work at all.
Post #205123
Posted: 18th October 2013 19:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
This is almost certainly an error with the size of your image. In some cases, images that look like they're small enough to upload according to the site end up being larger when the server goes to process them. Raiden314 is having similar problems at the moment.

I am not completely certain why this is an issue for some images - I have a hunch, but it seems a bit ridiculous and that's why I haven't been able to work it out previously. In any event, I should certainly try to give better error messaging in these cases, it's just hard to prioritize it. For the time being, make your images smaller or start bringing in so many fanartists that I can't ignore the issue any more. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #205124
Posted: 18th October 2013 20:13

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 18th October 2013 12:48)
Raiden314 is having similar problems at the moment.

Yeah it sucks so much i got like 4 images from the game The World Ends With You I would like to upload but it says the same thing you get no matter how hard i tried.

And my names Jess you guys can call me by that if you'd like

--------------------
So Zetta Slow!
Post #205125
Posted: 18th October 2013 22:28

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Hmm, it is kind of big. I did not realize it was so big. Okay, thanks! I will try using my brain next time.
Post #205126
Posted: 22nd October 2013 00:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Raiden314 @ 18th October 2013 16:13)
Yeah it sucks so much i got like 4 images from the game The World Ends With You I would like to upload but it says the same thing you get no matter how hard i tried.

I think it's only fair to point out that when I'm able to get around to making changes to this, it's only going to be to give artists a better error message when they run into this situation. Images as large as the ones that are causing the problem are not strictly necessary for the application we have here, and the server resources it takes to process an image like that could cause a worse experience for other users of the site during the time the processing is happening.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #205144
Posted: 22nd October 2013 17:48

Engineer

Awards:
Another thing I noticed is that all the fanart pieces that I am positive I already rated are now allowing me to rate again. I am not sure if this is just me, or I just thought I had rated them; but I thought it was worth pointing out.
Post #205165
Posted: 22nd October 2013 19:34

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (RavenLalonde @ 22nd October 2013 17:48)
Another thing I noticed is that all the fanart pieces that I am positive I already rated are now allowing me to rate again.  I am not sure if this is just me, or I just thought I had rated them; but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I thought the same last night when I was rating a few pieces of fanart. I was thinking "I'm sure I've rated this one before" a couple of times but thought it was just my memory. Apparently not though.

This post has been edited by Cefca on 22nd October 2013 19:36
Post #205166
Posted: 22nd October 2013 19:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (RavenLalonde @ 22nd October 2013 13:48)
Another thing I noticed is that all the fanart pieces that I am positive I already rated are now allowing me to rate again. I am not sure if this is just me, or I just thought I had rated them; but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Not a bug. Voting is available to both members and nonmembers, so we don't track votes by user, only IP. Nobody's abused it yet!

--------------------

Post #205167
Posted: 22nd October 2013 20:50

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd October 2013 14:41)
Another thing I noticed is that all the fanart pieces that I am positive I already rated are now allowing me to rate again.  I am not sure if this is just me, or I just thought I had rated them; but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Not a bug. Voting is available to both members and nonmembers, so we don't track votes by user, only IP. Nobody's abused it yet!

I am still using the same computer, though. Or do I not understand what IP means? Because that is probably true either way.
Post #205170
Posted: 22nd October 2013 21:09

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (RavenLalonde @ 22nd October 2013 20:50)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd October 2013 14:41)

I am still using the same computer, though. Or do I not understand what IP means? Because that is probably true either way.

You might have an IP address that changes each time you log onto the internet. That would explain it though, I was on my phone yesterday but will have voted on my computer the other time.
Post #205172
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: