CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Special account for quizes?

Posted: 16th November 2009 16:16

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Whenever I try to take a quiz, the system seems to think that I'm not logged in (i.e says welcome guest where my username should be) and gives me a link to register.I am sure I am currently logged in (after all, I'm posting). This might be a stupid question, but am I supposed to make a special account for taking the quizzes seperate from my forum account?

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #182372
Posted: 16th November 2009 17:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You should never make a special account for quizzes, no.

However, I'm not sure what might be causing your issue. Have you tried to use any other parts of the site while logged in? Commented on fanart from a fanart page, commented on news from a news page? What do you see on the main CoN page when you go there, if you've just opened your browser?

I'm not seeing anything straightaway that should be causing the issue you describe.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #182373
Posted: 16th November 2009 19:11

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
When I open my browser and go to the main page, I see "Welcome to the Caves of Narshe" followed by a paragraph describing the site and then the latest news features. I see my username on the list of forum members online. When I try to use the site features you mentioned (news, fanart) or the quizzes, I get a message that I must be logged in to use them.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #182374
Posted: 16th November 2009 19:17

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
That would indicate to me that your cookies are either nonexistent or not working. Log out of the forums and log back in, making sure that you tick the box for "remember me." Then try those pages again and see if there is a difference.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #182375
Posted: 16th November 2009 19:27

Cactuar

Awards:
See More (Total 10)
That fixed it! Thank you for your help. happy.gif

--------------------
Enjoyed them all.
Post #182376
Posted: 16th November 2009 19:37

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Excellent, now back to my boring meeting.

--------------------

Post #182377
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: