CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Emerging From the Shadows

Posted: 6th September 2016 23:31

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Greetings.

Long-time on/off lurker here. Always been fond of FFVI (or as we called it back in the olden days, FF3), with Tactics and Chrono Trigger being high up there on the favorites as well. The site name has always stuck with me - a brilliant one indeed!

I've been toying with FF6-related comics/ideas for quite some time. I've signed up in part to inflict them upon the fandom, in addition to craving a community closer to my age than all these newfandangled remakes!

How goes?
Post #211363
Posted: 7th September 2016 01:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Hey, cool, always happy to get fresh blood around here. Tell your friends! wink.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211364
Posted: 7th September 2016 08:06

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Welcome to South Figaro! You'll find lots of excellent weapons, armor and items in our shops! biggrin.gif

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #211366
Posted: 7th September 2016 08:15

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Welcome to the forum.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211367
Posted: 7th September 2016 13:49

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I have yet to put more than like 30 minutes in any of these remakes...too many other games I haven't played yet!

Welcome!

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #211369
Posted: 8th September 2016 08:25

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 7th September 2016 13:49)
I have yet to put more than like 30 minutes in any of these remakes...too many other games I haven't played yet!

Welcome!

What are you playing glen?

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211376
Posted: 8th September 2016 20:15

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Thanks for the welcome!

And I must second the question, re: what are you playing, Glen(n)?
Post #211379
Posted: 8th September 2016 20:53

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I'll propose this link to help answer that question! tongue.gif

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...iew=getlastpost

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211382
Posted: 9th September 2016 13:08

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Welcome, AGS! Hope you'll find the caves to your liking smile.gif

I recall one member, Orinocou, was doing a comic version of FFVI a while back, though it seems that project came to some sort of halt.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #211386
Posted: 9th September 2016 14:43

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Magitek_slayer)
What are you playing glen?

Quote (The Amazing Genderless Shiva)
And I must second the question, re: what are you playing, Glen(n)?

At the moment, I'm not playing anything, though I've messed with a little Team Fortress 2 and a little The Hurricane of the Varstray -Collateral Hazard- in the past week. As well as Stepmania and Audiosurf. Audiosurf seems to be a bit meh to me -- though I'm using the free ride (or whatever it's called) feature to just play along with my music, but the gameplay is still not really all that well correlated with the music. On the other hand, I picked Stepmania back up, with a download of Stepmania 5 and "reactivating" the bunch of simfile packs I'd first started collecting probably 7 years ago. Actually thinking of getting a dance pad just to play these.

As for long-term projects I'm still in the middle of my Pokémon Crystal run -- about 1/4 of the way through it, going by badge progress, and about 2/5 of the way through it by Pokédex progress.

I also intend to finish several other games I've started, and at the moment it seems likely that I'll pick up Recettear next, as far as "games I've already started" go. (Other such games include The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Tales of Symphonia, and Ys II, Nostalgia, Lufia II, and Metroid Prime.)

I'm a bit averse to picking up new games at the moment, though someone's alerted me to a translation of Pokémon TCG2. I have played TCG1 about halfway and put it down though so I'm not sure whether I want to finish that instead.

I also want to play Splatoon but my current arrangement gives me little to no access to a TV where I could actually play it, and accordingly, I haven't bought a Wii U yet.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 9th September 2016 14:46

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #211389
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: