CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Didn't see that coming

Posted: 6th January 2011 17:19

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
oh.
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Oh Galuf.. I'd grown to like him. That whole dying battle of his in the grand tree where Exdeath is literally slaughtering him was actually well done I thought. Better job than Aerith's death.. although I did know that was about to happen so maybe I'd have thought differently.

Also during that scene I had Galuf as a time mage with black magic ability.. equipped with a healing staff. Then I ran out of MP.. GRRR

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #191926
Posted: 7th January 2011 02:26

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, regarding the unfortunate job choice, I dunno why, but I always have him as a caster of some type, and so the battle is always a rather dull slog.

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #191947
Posted: 7th January 2011 20:29

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (trismegistus @ 7th January 2011 02:26)
I dunno why, but I always have him as a caster of some type, and so the battle is always a rather dull slog.

I think I heard somewhere that Krile has somewhat higher base magic stats than everyone else, so I kept Galuf as a spellcaster all the time in order to better prepare Krile. But yeah, having him fight as a Time Mage or White Mage (the jobs I had him as for my first two playthroughs) in that battle is frustrating.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #191958
Posted: 7th January 2011 21:23

Dragoon

Awards:
It was a surprise when I initially played FFV. I had him as a Black Mage with White Mage as the second skill. However I kept him at full MP.
Post #191968
Posted: 8th January 2011 15:48

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
What I'd have given for Osmose at that point... ahh!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #192006
Posted: 8th January 2011 16:15

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
That's my favorite death scene in the entire series.
Post #192008
Posted: 9th January 2011 08:53

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
How is it frustrating?

You can't even die!

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #192037
Posted: 9th January 2011 15:27

Awards:
Do I even need to respond to that?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #192050
Posted: 9th January 2011 15:27

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 9th January 2011 08:53)
How is it frustrating?

You can't even die!

Yeah, but it's that if you don't have Galuf as a job that can do a lot of damage quickly (Time Mage, White Mage, hell, any kind of mage if you happen to be out of MP), then the battle just goes reeeeeeally slow.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #192051
Posted: 9th January 2011 17:51

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
All the better for dramatic purposes, in my opinion.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #192061
Posted: 10th January 2011 14:58

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
That battle is precisely why I always max Galuf out on the Ninja, Dragoon, and Ranger jobs beforehand. Dual-Wield, !Rapid Fire, and !Jump (x2!).
Post #192085
Posted: 12th January 2011 22:15

Awards:
I must admit, been finding the game a bit tedious from this point on.
Just tried the Gilgame but got my ass handed to me so easily that I've gone back to trudging through Exdeath's castle. Buh.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #192131
Posted: 15th January 2011 08:51

Cactuar

Awards:
I kind of thought that

The bits with Krile made it much more sadder than Aerith's death. And when they tried using Phoenix downs on him and he wouldn't come back. It was just really sad and heartbreaking to watch.....

This post has been edited by ZidaneTribal on 15th January 2011 08:51

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #192210
Posted: 15th January 2011 16:25

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
At least they averted the "Mommy, why didn't they use a phoenix down on Aeris?" question.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #192213
Posted: 15th January 2011 22:20

Awards:
Quote (ZidaneTribal @ 15th January 2011 08:51)

. And when they tried using Phoenix downs on him and he wouldn't come back. It was just really sad and heartbreaking to watch.....

I wholeheartedly agree, from this point the player's hopes ( If like us, they are a Galuf fan) are completely crushed.

I've just finished all that Exdeath's castle stuff and the following plot development, i'm very much back with the game now
flag-olly.gif

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #192224
Posted: 17th January 2011 11:53

Cactuar

Awards:
You're beating me. pinch.gif I was playing through FF V two years ago, but I stopped playing because I was scared crap-less of Ex- Death's castle. It looks like blood on the ground and dead bodies stuck in the walls. How did you ever find the courage to get pass it all ? Or am I just a huge big coward ??

@ Glenn. Haha I agree so much. It just made so much more sense compared to Aeris.

This post has been edited by ZidaneTribal on 17th January 2011 11:55

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #192269
Posted: 17th January 2011 12:23

Awards:
Oh easy, since playing the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1 it hasn't been a problem.
Hell - I played it often in the dark in a student house that was falling to bits, in the early hours of mornings, it scared the pants off me. No game has since.

One time I was with my housemate and I said "hey I sear I've seen a video of this part where zombie dogs jump through the windo..WHOAAA" Man I hit the ceiling.
Anyway yeah, maybe Exdeath's castle is nothing to me because I finished Doom at age 7.
Try playing those! haha.

Edit: Sorry, that's not correct, I meant the first of Doom's 3 episodes, I only had the demo.

This post has been edited by Blinge Odonata on 21st January 2011 14:50

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #192270
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: