CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Top 5 favorite characters?

Posted: 25th June 2005 20:18

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
]Allright, this is rather simple. State your top 5 favorite characters, along with 1 or 2 reasons why you like them.

Fusoya: you gotta love a kickass wizard from the moon. I find his mastery of both the Dark and light magic to be extremely helpful. His regen spell is cool too. I just wish you could use him more!

Rydia: Ok, she's a summoner, period.

Palom: Suprisingly, i've taken a liking to this mischievous black mage. He is able to learn all black magic rather quikly, compared to Rydia. Although it takes longer to power him up in the short time you have him.

golbeze: A master of dark wizardry.I think he even knows meteo. He's sortof a summoner,(dark dragon) and he's cookoo, even though:
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
he's under mind control

Mr. Tokita: Allright, he's that guy in the developers room that wants to join you, but can't because your party's always full. I don't know why I like him. Maybe bcause he's a secret. Too bad you can't actually use him.

--------------------
Ff7 current game progress:Just finished the underwater reactor, on to rocket town!
Post #87448
Posted: 25th June 2005 23:40

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Rosa: The best White mage I've ever saw...plus she's cute.

Cecil: A true hero for me, who overcome the hardest trial in their life, and becomed a Paladin...a true Paladin. He's my hero. thumbup.gif

Tellah: I like his spirit, and he proved that vengeance justify his own death. thumbup.gif

Cid: He was quite funny to have in the party, and he looked like Baku ( FF9)

Rydia: Why not?, she is a powerful mage...and I like her courage to continue to move on. ( When her mother...well you now.)

--------------------
"Its no cheating if you don't get caught"
Post #87459
Posted: 27th June 2005 17:44

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
1) Cecil - the most heroic and noble of all FF characters.

2) Rubicant - people seem to have this obsession with anti-heroes for some reason. The principles and the thought processes of this anti-villain fascinates me.

3) Rydia - it takes alot to not only forgive, but to befriend the man who killed your mother then proceeded to raze your home town.

4) Yang - This guy has alot more dignity than contemporary FF characters.

5) Edward - Average Joe fighting alongside battle-worn Knights and Wizards.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #87617
Posted: 27th June 2005 18:11

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Kain- Jump!

Rydia- Callers rock

Palom- a little bit of black magic never hurt anyone

Edge- ninjas rock

Golbez- what's not to love (fighter type with summons and ultimate black magic)
Post #87624
Posted: 28th June 2005 18:16

Lunarian

Awards:
1) Cecil. Well he was the star.
2) Rydia. Who doesn't love Rydia.
3) Edge. I dunno...when I was a kid smart-alecky appealed to me and my fondness for him stuck. Plus..."Rage has released Edge's hidden powers." Sweeeeeeeeet.
4) Yang. No clay feet on this one. He and Rydia were certainly the two purest characters in the game.
5) King of the Dwarves? I dunno, I'm hunting for a 5th one that I'm actually fond of.

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #87727
Posted: 29th June 2005 02:48

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (The Ancient @ 28th June 2005 13:16)
I dunno, I'm hunting for a 5th one that I'm actually fond of.

What about Tellah? I'm kinda surprised you didn't pick him already, since he's your avatar. I know there could be reasons you chose him other than liking him, but he must have appealed to you on some level if you've kept him this long. I mean, at least enough to put him ahead of the King of Dwarves. wink.gif
Post #87764
Posted: 29th June 2005 03:28

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Rydia: Black Magic + Summons + Edge Bashing

Klu Ya: Most powerful character in the game. Well, NPC, really.

Young Rydia: Summon(s) + Black Magic +White Magic

Tellah: "You spoony bard!" & The scene with Meteo.

Goblez: Manipulator who seems to be the antagonist for most of the game.

--------------------
Could you repeat that?
Post #87770
Posted: 29th June 2005 06:29

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
1. Cecil - One of the all-time best leads. And his hair is stylin'!
2. Cid - My favorite Cid, and the way he kicks around Edge is priceless. Plus, he fights with hammers, dude. HAMMERS!!!
3. Rydia - She saves everyones' butts, but besides that she's a great, powerful character.
4. Porom - 'Cause no one else bothers to slap Polom...often. She's quite useful for the brief time, too.
5. Dr. Lugae - Wacky mad scientists are just awesome. His creation and control over Balnab makes him sorta Dr. Frankensteinish.

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #87780
Posted: 29th June 2005 18:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Rydia: powerful magic, plus the attitude.

Cecil: courage, redemption, Crystal armor, and good looks.

Tellah: You spoony what?

FuSoYa: old man with powerful magic. Why not?

Edward: decent attack and decent hit rate (in a drought of both from Rydia and Tellah), plus a great character theme.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #87809
Posted: 29th June 2005 21:30

Engineer

Awards:
Cecil: The CLASSIC hero.
Rydia: My personal favorite of the game.
Rubicant: A villian, sure, but a noble villian.
Tellah: You spoony bard!
Rosa: Great female lead, loves Cecil yet still has a mind of her own, unlike SOME FF heroines...

--------------------
The island bathes in the sun's bright rays
Distant hills wear a shroud of grey
A lonely breeze whispers in the trees
Sole witness to history

ICO-You were there-
Post #87842
Posted: 30th June 2005 18:29

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Cecil : A Dark Knight redeems himself and
becomes a paladin.

Rydia : She has Bahamut, what's not to like?
Rosa : Best white mage ever. Not too sure on the Nun side.
Kain : I'm your friend, give me the crystal...HA, suckers! Gotta love that.
Golbez : Cool sprite.
Seeks revenge on evil guy from the moon.

Note that they're not in order.
Post #87908
Posted: 30th June 2005 18:56
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Kain: I like the antihero types, and Jump was useful.
Cid: I liked his grizzly old mechanic personality. He wasn't especially useful.
Tellah: Slightly less cool than grizzly old mechanics are old, righteous sages.
Yang: I just liked him 'cause he hurt things good.
FuSoYa: What was with the 'puddle' thing?
Post #87914
Posted: 4th July 2005 07:09
Returner

Kain Dragoons that jump and turn on you are always cool.
Rydia gotta love a chick who can use balck magic and summon.
Cid he brings a lot of comedy especially when edge comes to your party.
Golbeze Fight and fight him and does a lot of bad things but then trys to help you.
Palom the slacker type not afraid to say what he thinks.
Post #88305
Posted: 6th July 2005 13:02

Returner

Awards:
I basically go with the "final" team.
Cecil - because he's one of my all-time-favourite heros. And come on, he's a Paladin. What's not to like about paladins?
Kain - because I love the jump command. It saved me in so many fights...
Rosa - because she's more than your average damsell in distress, if you ask me.
Rydia - because I have a thing for summoners, and green haired girls.
Edge - because he's pretty mysterious, and the throw-ability's nifty.
Post #88556
Posted: 6th July 2005 18:54

Black Mage

Awards:
Edge- he's a ninja, he likes the ladies, he's a pervert, he's hilarious
Kain- Dragoon
Cid- what's not to like?
Rydia- the cutest girl, green is my favorite color
Edward- since no one else seems to like him
Post #88608
Posted: 12th July 2005 04:41

Onion Knight

Awards:
Rydia - My all-time favorite character ever! (Take that you Uber-powerful fighting classes)

Edward- I wish he could stay on your party forever. I mean, come on- physical attacks that cause confuse? How cool is that? Just dump the crappy Medicine ability.

Palom/Porom- Yep they only count as one, so there. (I like the cute little noise there Comet spell makes. It's like Meteo but small and cuddly.)

Edge- Why sell what you can shove up a monster's-----umm, I mean, his Throw ability is awesome and he is SOOOO Rydia's secret lover. You gotta respect a man that can score on a chick that can cast Meteo.

FuSoYa- Actually I hate him but I never get tired of how sad, pathetic, and mop-like he is when he's fallen in battle. And what's up with his Regen ability? 10HP every other turn? That has to be some kind of joke, right?

--------------------
Every heart returns to darkness...
Post #89682
Posted: 16th July 2005 03:42

Dragoon

Awards:
1)Kain ;Whats cooler than a dragoon?
2)Rydia ;Cute little girl you save winds up becoming a teenager a few months later
3)Edge ;hits on Rydia, and has funny commentary
4)Rubricant ;it's Rubricant man what else can i say?
5)Cid; Designs the airship, has a beard, wields a hammer

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #90254
Posted: 6th August 2005 20:13

Returner

Awards:
1) Kain- Very dynamic character much better than Cecil and at the end of the game the story of Kain is jsut beginning

2) Cid- I just have only one thing to say. There can be only one! Cis is the highlander man. He can jump out of an airship hold a bomb and blow it up and LIVE! Nuff said

3)Edge- He's a ninja, nonthing more to say

4)Cecil, the DARK NIGHT- Not the palidin. There aren't many people who can walk the path of evil to protect people. That is what Cecil wanted with his dark sword and for that I respect him.

5)Rydia- She should be up there at number 4 but I jsut have to give the Dark Night that spot for what he did. As far as Rydia goes. She's just bad ass, a little girl who can summon the powers of a Titian to attack Kain and Cecil... now thats powerful.

--------------------
I fel into a burning ring of fire. I fell down down down as the flames went higher. And it burned burned burend, the ring of fire, the ring of fire. -Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash
May the man in black sing forever where ever death may take him.
Post #93081
Posted: 19th August 2005 13:01

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I jest finished reading this here thread so I figured I'd try and reply. FFIV is a fairly solid game, although I found most of the characters to be somewhat generic in terms of personality. I scrounged up what I could, though:

1. Rubicant: Honorable villains are at least deserving of respect. In fact, he's THE only standout villain in the game among a generic cast of "classic" evildoers, as far as I can see.
2. Edge: I have to admit, his flirtatious, almost surfer-dude personality caught me off-guard, seeing as he is a ninja prince.
3. Cid: That old man HAS to be on crank or something...
4. Edward: He has...ahhh...cowardly tendencies. Some people may dislike him for that, but everyone else jest seems to be so genericly plucky, so...
5. Cecil(dark knight): The concept of a nice guy using dark/evil power for a noble purpose is refreshingly unique (or at least not commonly used). Yes, I like that concept, but Cecil himself? Nah, he's about as generic as the typical FFIV townsfolk.

--------------------
Post #94217
Posted: 19th August 2005 20:36
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Since so many people are including NPCs, I'm assuming that this list is based on how much we like the characters for the story, not for battle.

1. Cecil: His is the quintessential story of redemption. He's noble, he does what he believes to be right, and he makes himself a hero simply because to do otherwise would be to give into evil.

2. Edward: Shut up, I love him. He's not afraid to be sensitive and vulnerable, and he cares more for other people than he does for politics or power.

3. Yang's Wife: She may not even rate her own name, but she cracks me up. Sometimes, what your husband needs is a good smack with a frying pan.

4. Kain: Even though he's being mind-controlled, he insists on taking responsibility for his actions because he realizes that it was his jealousy of Cecil that allowed him to be controlled. Most people would be calling a lawyer.

5. Porom: She's wise beyond her years, responsible, and good-hearted. Furthermore, she's a Final Fantasy gamine who doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. (Compare to Selfie, Yuffie, Relm, Rikku...)

This post has been edited by karasuman on 19th August 2005 20:38

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #94234
Posted: 19th August 2005 22:13

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
1. Cecil - I really like Cecil. He has to be my favourite male lead character from any FF. He's got issues but he's trying to deal with them in a non-whiny manner. Cecil also is quite mantastic in my book! (especially for being
half alien
)

2. Rosa - She's one of my favourite heroines from an FF game. I know some people don't like her because she kinda plays the damsel in distress at times (as well as your stereotypical girl White Mage) but she's really appealing to me. Sweet, good natured yet can kick butt at the appropriate time. Oh, and her white magic is a lifesaver.

3. Cid - Something about an old crusty guy named Cid in your party that makes the world right.

4. Golbez - G...Golbez.. </injuredsoldier> Yeah, I liked him a lot as our baddie. He even jumped high in my book because he was also
Cecil's brother
. Got to be one of my favourite bad guys in FF history.

5. Narratorway.. I mean uhhh.... Namingway - What you have to win a card in FFVI, you can just go up to this guy and he'll change it. I mean, you don't even have to tip him. Also like his cousins the
Hummingways

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #94243
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: