CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite FF parings with (optional) explanations?

Posted: 16th June 2015 04:25

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I don't care if they are straight, gay, or lesbian.
My own are:
FFVI:
Terra/Locke, as he's rather protective of her. I know he's protective of Celes too, but still.
Terra/Leo, because she seems to have a crush on him. I think it's cute.
Celes/Setzer. I'm not sure if I can really explain that one. I thought the whole "kidnapping Maria" thing was planned ahead by Maria (who could be Celes) and Setzer, who didn't bother to inform the maestro.
Leo/Kefka- This one is tricky when trying to make it romantic, and as such, is usually not done. It takes finesse to make it done plausibly.
FFVII:
Tifa/Cloud, because it's practically canon if I remember right.
Aerith/Zack, which was also canon.
Vincent/Cid, as there was a line that always made me think of them as a couple; "Come on, Cid. Let's go back to our room."

I think that's about all I have, but I'm running low on caffeine, so I could be wrong.
Care to share?

--------------------

"I'll be judge, I'll be jury," said cunning old Fury:
"I'll try the whole cause, and condemn you to death.
Post #209142
Posted: 16th June 2015 15:06

Black Mage

Awards:
I did post a similar thread, but I do like this subject a lot.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16640

This link will give a broad spectrum of my views on said subject.

Though I can say with Vincent from FFVII - I'll ship Vincent with anyone who has blood. Vincent is a blood sucking cannibal after all. I just grew weary of the "good guy vampire" thing, because of how much I was subjected to it personally. That was before Twilight, which made things worse.

This post has been edited by chevleclair on 16th June 2015 15:13

--------------------
"So, are you a fan of the Fett?"

"Nah, I'm more of a Star Wars guy."
Post #209146
Posted: 16th June 2015 19:04

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (chevleclair @ 16th June 2015 08:06)
I did post a similar thread, but I do like this subject a lot.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16640

This link will give a broad spectrum of my views on said subject.

Though I can say with Vincent from FFVII - I'll ship Vincent with anyone who has blood. Vincent is a blood sucking cannibal after all. I just grew weary of the "good guy vampire" thing, because of how much I was subjected to it personally. That was before Twilight, which made things worse.

Was Vincent actually a vampire? I know he shares some tropes with them, but... I don't remember him actually being a vampire.

--------------------

Post #209147
Posted: 19th June 2015 04:26

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Terra -- I always did ship Terra with Leo. I have trouble seeing her with anyone else. I mean, yeah, Locke, but that definitely seemed one-sided to me: and there are some other factors to that, too.

Locke -- I'm inclined to ship him with Celes, if only for lack of females in this story. The thing about Locke, though, is that his feelings for both Celes and Terra are primarily because he's needy after losing Rachel; in other words, he's on rebound. I really don't think that's a solid basis for a serious relationship. On the other, he does need someone; but Celes just doesn't seem like a very good match for him because she's needy in the same area. It gets hard to support someone if you need what they don't have, and they need what you don't have, if that makes sense. On the other hand, he is a strong character; so what it comes down to is that I've overthought this into oblivion and I don't even know WHAT. But I guess Locke/Celes works pretty well, and they managed to pull it off with chickifying Celes too much, so I'll go ahead and approve the ship.

Edgar -- Yeah, no. Dude needs to grow up first, lol.

Sabin -- I've heard of a Sabin/Terra ship, and while I don't think there is any canon support for it at all, I think that they might work well together. Actually, I think almost any Sabin ship would be fairly stable; but since Terra shipping is always so picky, I kind of like it.

Setzer -- I really have a lot of trouble shipping someone that old. I know men are still quite of those feelings for a freaking long time, but I just can't get my head around it.

And I've run out of brain power. Teaching kids music and choreography every morning when I can't even sleep is no small task.
Post #209167
Posted: 19th June 2015 06:36

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (RavenLalonde @ 18th June 2015 21:26)
Terra -- I always did ship Terra with Leo. I have trouble seeing her with anyone else. I mean, yeah, Locke, but that definitely seemed one-sided to me: and there are some other factors to that, too.

Locke -- I'm inclined to ship him with Celes, if only for lack of females in this story. The thing about Locke, though, is that his feelings for both Celes and Terra are primarily because he's needy after losing Rachel; in other words, he's on rebound. I really don't think that's a solid basis for a serious relationship. On the other, he does need someone; but Celes just doesn't seem like a very good match for him because she's needy in the same area. It gets hard to support someone if you need what they don't have, and they need what you don't have, if that makes sense. On the other hand, he is a strong character; so what it comes down to is that I've overthought this into oblivion and I don't even know WHAT. But I guess Locke/Celes works pretty well, and they managed to pull it off with chickifying Celes too much, so I'll go ahead and approve the ship.

Edgar -- Yeah, no. Dude needs to grow up first, lol.

Sabin -- I've heard of a Sabin/Terra ship, and while I don't think there is any canon support for it at all, I think that they might work well together. Actually, I think almost any Sabin ship would be fairly stable; but since Terra shipping is always so picky, I kind of like it.

Setzer -- I really have a lot of trouble shipping someone that old. I know men are still quite of those feelings for a freaking long time, but I just can't get my head around it.

And I've run out of brain power. Teaching kids music and choreography every morning when I can't even sleep is no small task.

Terra/Leo is cute, and even canon to some extent if memory serves.
I also dislike Locke/Celes- I never liked it much, despite it being canon.

I'll use this moment to bring up a shipping I dislike; Kefka/Terra. thumbdown.gif
I could never see that as a romantic relationship, and the fact that shippers widely base it off the Slave Crown thing is disturbing to me. As terrible as Kefka is, I don't think he'd take advantage of her in a way that didn't involve setting fires or whatnot. If anything, I always saw Kefka and Terra as having a sort of father/daughter relationship. Sounds weird, I know, but I always saw it that way.

--------------------

Post #209172
Posted: 27th June 2015 01:25

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I personally don't see Kefka having any kind of relationship with anybody. I mean he didn't exactly destroy the world by building friendships.
Post #209298
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: