FFT Trivial knowledge

Posted: 9th May 2017 20:37

Returner

I thought I'd start a topic that could be fun for the few people that visit this section of the forums. The goal here is for everyone to post whatever trivia-caliber knowledge they possess about this game. I'm aiming for things that are glossed over in tutorials or practically inexplicable. (Spillover JP, Rapha and Marach's seer damage explanations, Knight spells using PA instead of MA, etc... Somebody can tackle those too if they wish!) I'll start:

If an attacking unit is adjacent to an enemy unit equipped with First Strike, regardless of which enemy unit the attacking unit chooses to attack, the enemy unit adjacent to the attacker will utilize First Strike to interrupt the attack.

PS: Really check your information guys. No need to post incorrect information. Keep those edit buttons at the ready in case you do.

This post has been edited by Mister Beoulve on 10th May 2017 00:01

--------------------
Let me just edit this post a few more times...
Post #212644
Posted: 14th May 2017 03:35

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Oh goody, my kind of topic:

When a unit is Charmed, it is considered a member of the team that charmed it in many ways. Spillover JP is shared with the team that charmed it. One of the more obscure traits is that when the game removes units in a two part fight in the main game, any units your team have Charmed that are still under the status will remain.

Frog damage uses the barehanded damage formula PA! * (PA * Brave/100) except the game forces PA! to 1. Berserk does work but because it simply multiplies that 1 by 1.5 and truncates it back to 1, there is no actual increase in damage.
Post #212656
Posted: 14th May 2017 04:36

Returner

Nice. Didn't know that one. This thread is working already.

Here's another:

You can use an item on any adjacent unit regardless of difference in height; even without throw items equipped.

--------------------
Post #212657
Posted: 17th May 2017 02:17

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
One can find a Great Morbol at Finath River when entering from Zeltenia Castle. I don't think there's a single FAQ which documents this. Must finish up Limberry Castle first before this encounter becomes available.

Algus and Delita's AI will focus on each other at Fort Zekaden. They will only attack another unit if the other is dead or out of range. I like to setup Delita with Equip Armor and Move HP-up (as well as 4 Move, 6 Speed, and Throw Stone) and he can distract Algus for ages.
Post #212665
Posted: 17th May 2017 17:20

Returner

You can be given a height rating with a smaller white subtext also giving a depth, such as in waist-height water (Height&depth1) and shoulder-height water (Height&depth2). The depth readings don't effect casting or ability targeting, only the height rating is significant.

--------------------
Post #212668
Posted: Yesterday at 01:02

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Contrary to widespread belief, ice magic does not do extra damage at Fort Zekaden. Similarly, lightning magic will not do extra damage in the slums of Goug story fight.
(wtf GameFAQs message boards?)
Post #212676
Posted: Yesterday at 07:33

Returner

The amount of Health Points/Magic Points replenished with Chakra is relative to the casting unit's PA rating.

Chakra recovery = (5 * PA) HP; [(5 * PA) / 2] MP

--------------------
Post #212678
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: