CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What if CoN covered a few more FF games?

Posted: 10th January 2009 22:27

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I just had a nice idea, wouldn't CoN be more fun and helpful if you guys covered a few more Final Fantasy games, maybe FFX, (not 8 or 9, they are kind of fails in my opinion) FFIII or something...

I would just like to know if anything like this is possible, or if it's going to be done.

Be welcome to post your own opinions too.

--------------------
Good morning sir. I feel evil today. Now I shall kill you, destroy you, crush you, blast you, demolish you, nuke you, sadistically perform an autopsy on you and... uh... ummm...
Do you like ice cream?
Post #174684
Posted: 10th January 2009 22:32

Returner

Awards:
or whatever, I just read the earlier forums...

--------------------
Good morning sir. I feel evil today. Now I shall kill you, destroy you, crush you, blast you, demolish you, nuke you, sadistically perform an autopsy on you and... uh... ummm...
Do you like ice cream?
Post #174685
Posted: 11th January 2009 01:41

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, good idea.
Post #174690
Posted: 11th January 2009 05:50

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
This is a pretty beat topic of debate.

Summation- go compile and code the data yourself if you feel that adamant about it.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #174692
Posted: 26th July 2009 15:52
Onion Knight

Awards:
Final Fantasy VIII is quite a good game. I don't get why many people despise it or didn't like it. Sure, it has a different system (no MP, Magics are treated as Items, monsters level up, the card game), but it was quite good. Besides, if SquareEnix used the same system over and over, Final Fantasy would get boring quick.

--------------------
Yep, I'm here.
Post #179783
Posted: 26th July 2009 17:47

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (edgemty @ 26th July 2009 17:52)
Final Fantasy VIII is quite a good game. I don't get why many people despise it or didn't like it. Sure, it has a different system...

...that was horribly broken, a cast of utterly unlikable characters and a plot that made less sense than a frog-fueled frosty fusion reactor.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #179788
Posted: 26th July 2009 18:10
Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (SilverMaduin @ 26th July 2009 17:47)
Quote (edgemty @ 26th July 2009 17:52)
Final Fantasy VIII is quite a good game. I don't get why many people despise it or didn't like it. Sure, it has a different system...

...that was horribly broken, a cast of utterly unlikable characters and a plot that made less sense than a frog-fueled frosty fusion reactor.

Horribly broken? How? The characters are OK, although I don't stand Squall's "I don't give a fuck and I won't ever be happy" attitude, but aside from that is OK.

The plot, I agree, very confusing and rushed. However, it's not like FFVII's or FFIX's plots are very clear. In FFVII you can never understand who's behind who, Sephiroth or Jenova?

--------------------
Yep, I'm here.
Post #179789
Posted: 26th July 2009 18:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
There is no reason to talk about how good of a game FF8 is in this thread.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #179790
Posted: 26th July 2009 21:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN EPL, 2010. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
If any more games should be covered it's 2 & 3. And like mog said if you want a new section you have to do the work. And that includes getting weapon information, armor information, bestiary, walkthrough, world map, sidequests, secrets, and spells

and that's the bare minimum

If you're up for the task go for it but personally I don't think we need a new section.

This post has been edited by Messier17 on 26th July 2009 21:24

--------------------
If god is all-forgiving then why do we have to kill people in his name?
Post #179792
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: