CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Topic Closed New Topic New Poll
Final Fantasy 7 Quiz!

Posted: 13th September 2002 22:07

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
OK, here's the rules. Do not post your answers here on the board, because you'll just be giving correct answers to everyone else. It's too bad we don't cover FF7 here, or this could be an actual quiz. Anyway, E-Mail me your answers, and I'll post the results up in about a week.

[email protected]

1. What does Yuffie say when you try to use a Level 4 Limit Break on her, that she cannot learn?

2. There's a notable picture hanging on a wall in Rocket Town. Who is on that picture?

3. How much HP does the "Brachioladus" enemy have?

4. The enemy skill "Trine" can be learned from three different enemies. Name them.

5. How many "Double AP" weapons does Cloud have? Name them.

6. Name the three prizes exclusive to "S" class racing at the Chocobo Races.

7. How many different outcomes are there in the Battle Arena's slot machine?

8. What well known anime is tributed in Final Fantasy 7. Name where as well.

9. In the Underwater Gelnika, what can you steal from Rude & Reno?

10. Hades causes Sleep, Silence, Sadness, Mini, Frog, Slow, Confuse, & Stop. The previous statement is FALSE. Which status effect listed is NOT caused by using Hades?

Remember, E-Mail ( [email protected] ) your answers. Good luck.

Post #2328
Posted: 13th September 2002 22:20

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Question: Will you email back the correct answers?

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2333
Posted: 13th September 2002 22:41

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
...I said I'd post the answers here.
Post #2334
Posted: 13th September 2002 22:58
Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Number 4 isn't written very clearly.  All bosses are enemies (at least, in the sense they are attacking you, perhaps not to the death), though not all enemies are bosses.  I believe three different opponents use trine, one regular monster, and two bosses.  I could be wrong there, but it is at least three.  This is a well-known issue because it is hard to master all 4 e-skills without knowledge of this.

Anyway, perhaps I will do this quiz, perhaps not.  It really is too tough to do, without multiple choices, from memory, and I'm currently too lazy to do research at this very instant.  And yes, I've played through the game a dozen times or more, and yet I could probably only answer half off hand at best.
Post #2336
Posted: 13th September 2002 23:27

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Researching the answers is cheating. ^_^

As far as Trine, only two enemies use it. The second one, you can fight it anytime, so you can master all your E. Skills whenever you want.

Post #2338
Posted: 14th September 2002 05:01

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rubicant @ 13 Sep. 2002, 17:07)
I'll post the results up in about a week.

I thought you meant you'd post the results of the quiz. Meaning something like:

Tidu-Who - 10 out of 10 :)
Neal - 9 out of 10

etc. etc.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2359
Posted: 14th September 2002 08:37

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Rubicant, he's right.  Trine is used by three different enemies...one regular enemy and two bosses.  And if you complete a certain part of the game before reaching another certain part of the game, you CAN'T get Trine on one Enemy Skill materia.
Post #2363
Posted: 14th September 2002 18:38

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
I stand corrected. OK, I'll edit the question.
Post #2376
Posted: 15th September 2002 07:37
Black Mage

Awards:
Oh, BTW, what version did you take this from?  I had never heard of the Brachioladus before, and knew it didn't exist in my version, so I just threw it into a search engine to see.  And yes, it does exist, I just looked at it's stats and knew exactly what monster it was.  So I guess the question really is if we were supposed to understand that the parenthesis meant that it was an early translation off the Japanese game, or if that's really what it's called in another version.

Anyway, I had not ever bothered to realize the translation error- almost as bad as Valvalis.  Heh.  Most of the monster names in that game look like such a random set of letters that the name that came up actually looked natural.  So, I actually learned something new that I'll actually remember.  Good job Rubes.
Post #2407
Posted: 15th September 2002 09:21

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Oh yeah, isn't it called like Vylkadoris or something stupid like that. OK, since there's a name issue on that monster, it's the red dinosaur thing that you can fight outside Bone Village.

Hmmm, as of current time, nobody has taken part in the quiz. Oh well, I guess everyone's too lazy to E-Mail the answers or they just can't answer the questions. If I don't get at least one entry by tomorrow, I'll post the answers and learn you slackers something.

Post #2408
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Closed New Topic New Poll