FF8-Romantic, Tranquil, Humorous [ 3 ]  [20.00%]
FF9-Dramatic, Humorous, Romantic [ 2 ]  [13.33%]
FF10-Romantic, Mysterious, Serene [ 3 ]  [20.00%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 5th November 2002 22:55

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
For me, Final Fantasy 7's ending made me want more because Aeris opened her eyes.  I don't care if you think she's in the Lifestream, she's still alive.

--------------------
"The Master of Past, Present, and Future has returned."
Post #4510
Posted: 5th November 2002 23:46

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I'll go with FF7. I never beat FF8, FF9's ending didn't impress me too much, and FF10's ending was nutty...
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
The whole Tidus not existing thing was weirdish.
Post #4515
Posted: 6th November 2002 01:09

Black Mage

Awards:
I thought Tidus not being real gave the storyline a cool twist.  I was shocked by it.

--------------------
Post #4516
Posted: 6th November 2002 01:48

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
FF8's wins for me. FF7's ending and the pointless crap with Red and Rainforest Midgar? Bleck. I was seriously disappointed with it, as it's my overall favorite of the bunch.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #4522
Posted: 6th November 2002 04:08

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Wow, that was a really, really tough one.

It all came down to FFVIII vs. FFX for me, and in the end, Final Fantasy X won.  The ending was poignant, mysterious, and kind of eerie.  I also loved the shot of Tidus falling towards the figures of Braska, Auron, and Jecht, all three of whom looked really cool.

That's not to say that FFVIII's was any worse, really.  I truly liked the ending to the game, not quite so post-apocalyptic as some others, and genuinely humorous.

As an afterthought, I really didn't like Final Fantasy VII's ending at all.  With all the great stuff that they put into the game, the end result was kind of disappointing.  Nothing special, and not even that fun to look at, really.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #4539
Posted: 6th November 2002 08:57

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Well, I would have gone for FF6.  But of the choices, FF7.  While being the least out-and-out "impressive" of them, its lack of clarity allows you to make up your own mind about what happens next, based on how you interpreted the story.  Are humans considered bad enough for the Planet that they're wiped out?  Has Aeris somehow been revived through it all, or are we simply seeing her spirit driving the lifestream?  It's your whatever you make of it, really.
Post #4549
Posted: 6th November 2002 17:32

Group Icon
Beware of Magical Typos

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2016. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
First place in CoNCAA, 2006. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2006. 
See More (Total 12)
I voted for FFVII out of the choice there was.  FFVII and FFIX are the only ones out of the four that I have actually seen.

I thought FFIX's ending was enjoyable and all, but FFVII's ending was that much more compelling to me.  I really enjoyed the lack of clarity that Tiddles talked about in his post.

I think that Square added a very nice touch to FFVII's ending with:

The children's laughter at the end

Is it just me or is that often overlooked?

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Post #4555
Posted: 6th November 2002 19:44

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
If you want a controversial ending, check out FFT.  Now that  was open for interpretation, and how; I wondered why it wasn't on the poll.  Still, you make good points all.

My personal opinion on the FFVII ending was that

Aeris is dead.  Remember, you see her run out of a room after viewing her Lifestream-esque face out in the starlit sky.  It was my impression that this is to denote that she knew everything that was going to happen before it did, and chose to sacrifice herself anyway.  Also, I just kind of assumed that the humans went back to their roots, so to speak, abandoning the technological hell of Midgard in favor of a more natural, serene setting.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I despise Aeris any less.  ;)

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #4559
Posted: 7th November 2002 00:22
Returner

Awards:
I think FF6's ending is better then any of them too.

Even though I didn't like the game very much, I think FFVIII's ending was pretty good.

--------------------
Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.
Post #4570
Posted: 7th November 2002 03:00

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Out of those choices, I liked FFX's ending the best.  It was a really good conclusion...it made me cry.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #4590
Posted: 7th November 2002 04:09

Crusader

Awards:
FF7. What the hell happened? It's a great ending, in my opinion. I won't spoil it to people who haven't beaten it.

FF8 was great too, but it was pretty regular. Good graphics though.

I beat FF9 but only watched half the ending because my friend had to go home with the game. I don't remember all of it.

FFX's was good, because it keeps you wondering.

In the end, I'd have to go with FF7. Very mysterious.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #4592
Posted: 7th November 2002 16:47

Black Mage

Awards:
VII-Mysterious. Leaves you wondering what became of everyone.

VIII-Funny, light hearted, and very enjoyable.

IX-Saw it once, a long time ago. All I can remember about it are
Zidane running through the Lifa Tree to find Cuja (very cool), and him revealing his true self at the climax of the play in Alexandria (very romantic).

X-Saw it once, but not so long ago. It was very powerfull and emotional. Always a plus.

Final vote: X. The most touching part was
the whole sequence as Tidus is disappearing.

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #4609
Posted: 8th November 2002 03:40

Black Mage

Awards:
This is in response to why I didn't put FFT as a choice.  I don't necessarily consider it part of the FF sereis, if you know what I mean.  I loved the game and all, but belongs to a different category.

Also, all the endings disappoint me in the same way.  I want to know what happens to the characters!  The only time Suaresoft does that is in FFVII with Red XIII and his kids.

--------------------
Post #4631
Posted: 8th November 2002 18:29

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
First one to vote for IX, huh? Interesting.

FFVI is the epitome of video game endings, and FFT has an amazing ending, too. But of the choices, I liked 9's the best, simply for Zidane running through the forest again. I loved that scene the first time through, and it's only better this time when the stakes are higher. The rest of the ending is corny and predictable, but it's still kind of cool.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #4664
Posted: 8th November 2002 23:00

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Raistlin Mage @ 7 Nov. 2002, 21:40)
Also, all the endings disappoint me in the same way.  I want to know what happens to the characters!  The only time Suaresoft does that is in FFVII with Red XIII and his kids.

IMO, It tells you almost NOTHING of what happened to the characters. The least of any of those choices.

I mean, all you know is that Red somehow had kids or something. I figured he was gonna go show them a statue of Cloud or at least something that related to what happened to the other characters. But nope, just wants to show them Midgar.

In FF8:
it shows how Seifer went back to hanging with the idiot twins, Laguna proposing to Raine, Squall and Rinoa hooking up, Cid and Matron together, as well as all the other characters.

In FF9:
it shows all the characters coming back together, Zidane still alive and kicking, Kuja gone, Beatrix and Steiner hooking up, and most of the other characters as well.

In FF10, it was another rather good explanation, but they're making a sequel for it anyways, so whatever you don't know, you will.

From all of those, it's easy to see what happened and you formulate some type of theory(character to character). For FF7 though, you have no idea what became of Cloud and the others, whether they they became worldwide heroes, or just secluded themselves for all time, or what. Just that Red somehow has kids...

Stupid asexual reproduction.

On a side note, I've noticed that alot of people don't even take notice that Red's tail is always on fire. Only after they see that ending.  ;)

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #4673
Posted: 10th November 2002 15:25

Black Waltz

Awards:
Have to go with FF7 in the list but I think the best of all time was the ending to FF6 or even FF4

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #4734
Posted: 17th November 2002 05:18

Black Mage

Awards:
Yeah, where the heck is everything earlier than FFVII? That's the only one on the list that I've beaten! (If you wondering why I haven't beaten FFVIII yet, that's because of a little thing called AP schoolwork and getting the game only at the beginning of the summer before last summer.)

Not much of a choice we have, so I choose null. FFVII's ending was kinda' dumb, a real disappointment. It's what I would call... a CONTRIVED ending. Don't flame me now people, but... you know what I mean... What you expected didn't happen, and the what did happen was cool, but not really necessary.
Post #5055
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: