CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
The Inevitable PC version...your thoughts?

Posted: 25th January 2016 12:22

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I'm going to guess that it's probably going to include Auto Battle and some other interesting but ultimately peripheral features.

SE just seems to want to get every last FF game ported to PC come hell or high water. I'm not complaining! But it is noticable that they really aren't putting out much new material lately. smile.gif Saving up their money for the monster that is FFXV I guess.

But what are you looking forward to about playing the inevitable PC release of FF1? Anything? Perhaps you wish they'd just get on with it.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210354
Posted: 25th January 2016 14:55

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Its not inevitable it seems. They seem to intentionally skip that one, not to mention skipping VIII for Android.

And even if it was inevitable as you say, no thank you Square Enix, you're too late that by the time you release it, I'm already complaining about your usage of DRM on your Suckeam port. My FF Portal version is a bit finicky to open, but at LEAST I can do that on a purely offline Android with root permission. There's also the fear that they'll release their next Final Fantasy games on PC with Denuvo on it, and dealing with Steam + SE + Denuvo? I already hate having one form of online DRM, so you're not eating my money yet, SE.

Other than that, my opinion of the Android version, is GLORIOUS!

--------------------
I am Exdeath. Step aside pesky clowns, or your warranty is Void!
Post #210359
Posted: 25th January 2016 16:13

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I like the idea of a ff1 pc release since I really enjoyed the dawn of souls games with extra content on ff1 and ff2.

I really want ff4 pc version too since I love ff4.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210362
Posted: 25th January 2016 16:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I would be pretty okay with a direct port of the PSP version to Windows, which is fundamentally the same as the iOS/Android version. They'd charge too much for it, but I'd like to be able to play that version with a larger screen because I just don't use handhelds that much.

All that said, "looking forward" to it? Not as much. I've played it plenty, so I could honestly take it or leave it.

This is a good thread for me to reiterate my general statement that these re-releases do not take anything away from what Square Enix are themselves doing. It's their IP, sure, and they probably dedicate a project manager and maybe some QA time to these re-releases, but virtually none of the dev on these games is being done by Square Enix programmers. They might be greenlighting these projects to fill the hole left by a lack of new flagship FF games, but I don't think it's because they don't have the money or resources to finish other titles. smile.gif

Quote (Magitek_slayer)
This one or no?

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210368
Posted: 25th January 2016 17:36

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
I don't know if the FF Portal app still offers FF1 for free... but then, anyone who wants the PC version of the game could probably download an Android emulator and the Portal app, I think. I could see how free it is on my Gamepad 2 in a little while.

--------------------
Post #210371
Posted: 25th January 2016 18:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Pooka @ 25th January 2016 13:36)
I don't know if the FF Portal app still offers FF1 for free... but then, anyone who wants the PC version of the game could probably download an Android emulator and the Portal app, I think. I could see how free it is on my Gamepad 2 in a little while.

I don't think they do - I seem to remember that it was meant to be a limited time thing when they first launched that app. I didn't download it when it was available, because as I've mentioned (probably ad nauseam to some of you) I just tend to not be interested in gaming on my phone.

Edit
Confirmed on my Portal app, it's currently listed at $7.99.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 25th January 2016 18:04

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210375
Posted: 25th January 2016 18:06

Black Mage

Awards:
Yeah, its no more free. I thought it became ongoing from the app description but whatever, It still stands that you could buy the game from Google Play and plaster it on an Android emulator. Or get the PSP ROM and an emulator.

--------------------
Post #210376
Posted: 25th January 2016 18:13

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 25th January 2016 16:43)
I would be pretty okay with a direct port of the PSP version to Windows, which is fundamentally the same as the iOS/Android version. They'd charge too much for it, but I'd like to be able to play that version with a larger screen because I just don't use handhelds that much.

All that said, "looking forward" to it? Not as much. I've played it plenty, so I could honestly take it or leave it.

This is a good thread for me to reiterate my general statement that these re-releases do not take anything away from what Square Enix are themselves doing. It's their IP, sure, and they probably dedicate a project manager and maybe some QA time to these re-releases, but virtually none of the dev on these games is being done by Square Enix programmers. They might be greenlighting these projects to fill the hole left by a lack of new flagship FF games, but I don't think it's because they don't have the money or resources to finish other titles. smile.gif

Quote (Magitek_slayer)
This one or no?

Yes that's the one ranger.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210378
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: