CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Is ff5 and ff IV for snes

Posted: 21st July 2003 00:50
Returner

Is ff v and ff iv for snes because i just finished FF VI for the psx which was fabulous which is originally was on the snes. SO i was just wondering becoz people say after FFVI as the best FF, that FF IV and FF V are equally as good and are better than the new ffs such as FFX. Also which FF is better to start FFV or FF IV

Thx for all your help

AJ
Post #14749
Posted: 21st July 2003 01:01

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Well that was rather confusing, but i think i got the general idea of what you were saying.  FF4 is on the Snes, SFC, and psx. However in america FF4 is FF2 on the snes. FF5 was never released in america on the snes, however it was released in a special collectors edition FF Anthology, which included FF5 and FF6, which i would assume you have if you just finished FF6 on the psx. If i had to recommend a which one to start with though, i'd definitely go with FF4, great great game, its what got me hooked

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #14750
Posted: 21st July 2003 04:23
Returner

so ff IV anf ff V are in FF ANTholigies which is for psx yea? however FFV was never released on snes
Post #14758
Posted: 21st July 2003 04:33

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (aj1288 @ 20 Jul 2003, 23:23)
so ff IV anf ff V are in FF ANTholigies which is for psx yea? however FFV was never released on snes

Correct, but that's FF6 on Anthologies, not 4.

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #14763
Posted: 21st July 2003 07:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Zephir @ 20 Jul 2003, 23:33)
Quote (aj1288 @ 20 Jul 2003, 23:23)

Correct, but that's FF6 on Anthologies, not 4.

Not in Europe.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #14774
Posted: 21st July 2003 10:15

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
This is all getting a little confusing.
The following forms are all I know of for these games.

FINAL FANTASY IV:
SNES: Final Fantasy II (North American release)
SNES: Final Fantasy IV (Original Japanese release; you can find a translated dump online, and this is the version I would strongly recommend over the others).
SNES: Final Fantasy IV Easy Type (Later Japanese release which has more in common with FF2us.  No translation known.)
PSX: Final Fantasy IV (Available in Final Fantasy Chronicles in the USA, and in Final Fantasy Anthology European Edition in... Europe.  Based on the superior original Japanese version.)
Wonderswan Color: Final Fantasy IV (Japanese release only (Japanese CONSOLE only) and I don't know of a translation.  I don't know how this differs from other versions if at all.)

FINAL FANTASY V:
SNES: Final Fantasy V (Japanese release only.  Translated dump available.)
PSX: Final Fantasy V (Available in Final Fantasy Anthology in North America and Final Fantasy Anthology Europe.)

FINAL FANTASY VI:
SNES: Final Fantasy III (North American release)
SNES: Final Fantasy VI (Japanese release; no full translation known)
PSX: Final Fantasy VI (Available in FF Anthology in North America and as a stand-alone disc (with an FF10 demo!!!!!!1111) in Europe.)

I hope that helps.  You can find the SNES versions on this site, including the translated ones, but even if you want to play through those versions, please support the developers by buying one of the commercially available releases.
Post #14777
Posted: 21st July 2003 19:36

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Tiddles the Cat @ 21 Jul 2003, 06:15)
Wonderswan Color: Final Fantasy IV (Japanese release only (Japanese CONSOLE only) and I don't know of a translation.  I don't know how this differs from other versions if at all.)

The WSC version is identical to the original FFIV (HT), but the glitches that were there were removed, like item duplication, Life2 trick, equip what you steal, etc.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #14786
Posted: 6th August 2003 21:26

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Thank goodness Tiddles cleared that up.  FF4 is a good starter FF because it's pretty basic and has a wide cross section of Final Fantasy elements.  Considering you've already played FF6 however I'd have to recommend FF5 as the only early FF game I've payed that is within the incredibly high standards of 6.  If you want to try a more recent one, I'd recommend 7 or 10 as being in the same league.  The only one I haven't liked was FF8.

I have yet to play (Japanese titles) FF2 or FF3, so I don't know what to say about those.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #15627
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: