CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What Jobs Did you give people in BD?

Posted: 2nd March 2014 13:59

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
In Bravely Default, What kind of jobs did you tend to give characters?

Tiz: Was more a melee class type person, like Valkyrie, Swordmaster, knight...

Agnes: She was a healer most of the time, but i also used Performer class with her

Ringabel: Another fighter, often used as Monk, Ninja, Dark knight, Pirate

Edea: She was a caster jobs, like Black/ Red mage, summoner...

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #206235
Posted: 28th August 2014 08:28

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
I'm not quite done yet. I think, sadly, I went a little counter-intuitive to their default stats and such, but whatever. It's challenging on hard regardless haha.

With Agnes, I started her off as a monk, later got her some levels in merchant to make money, had her master monk, and now she's a swordmaster (that punches things)

Tiz is my mage. He started as white, then moved to black and mastered it. Now I'm working on summoning with him.

Edea was a freelancer for the longest time, until i got thief and started her working that route. However, I wanted a change and made her into a swordsage and had her master that, and I've not got her back on the thief path.

Ringabel makes me question what I was doing with my life... I had him go white mage for a bit, then into knight. He went on to master that, while dabbling weakly in white (like a paladin). Now he's a pirate...? With white magic...? Why...? I don't know...

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #207404
Posted: 28th August 2014 11:53

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Tiz: all of them

Agnes: all of them

Ringabel: all of them

Edea: all of them

Once you reach Chapter 5, you can easily max out your whole team. It gets even easier when you get the Conjurer job and the Obliterate skill. But just so I'm not being cheeky, these are a few of the classes I used regularly:

Tiz: Monk, Knight, Spell Fencer

Agnes: White Mage, Salve-Maker, Spiritmaster

Ringabel: Thief, Time Mage, Performer

Edea: Pirate, Ninja, Ranger, Swordmaster

And here is how my party setup was for most of the endgame battles:

Tiz: Knight with Dual Shields, Mimic, and passives to increase phys defense. Did damage with Super Charge. Very safe setup that's almost unkillable and does good damage.

Agnes: Spiritmaster with White Magic, Holy One and Group Cast All. Pure healing and defense. Use Group Cast All to help with buffs and in case I ever wanted a multi-target Arise, heh.

Ringabel: Performer with Mimic and passives to increase HP and Speed. Used buffs and increased the party's BP.

Edea: Ninja with Hawkeye, Precision, and Frenetic Fighting. Can deal 2x 9999 damage with nearly every attack after using Ikkikasei.

--------------------
Post #207405
Posted: 24th September 2014 07:03

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Those setups are sweet, laszlow! Well played, sir!

I've recently maxed out most of my party into a final setup, though my favourite is Agnes as a master monk and freelancer.

She has Monk, Freelancer secondary with Natural Talent, Adrenaline, BP Up, and Counter, I think. With non-bosses, she just cleans house using Pressure Point with Mimic and regaining back her expended BP with each kill. I actually laughed at how destructive she is when I first made the combo. It's kind of madness.

This post has been edited by Perigryn on 24th September 2014 07:04

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #207475
Posted: 3rd October 2014 20:49

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I recently just finished playing for the second time (skipped most of the dialouge scenes lol) and changed up my Jobs on people a bit.

Tiz: Black and white magic user, mainly black for attaccking, but this was the only healer so I had to train in white mage for a while, then switching to SpiritMaster/Arcanist.
Final Class; Arcanist

Agnes:Monk and Dark Knight are a match made in heaven! Brave 4 times, The Monk's skill Pheonix Flight, then minus strike 3 times. All doing a crap ton of damage, espicially endgame. Theif also, buit mainly sticked with Monk/Dark knight.
Final Class: Monk

Ringabel: Swordmaster, Spell fencer, Theif, and then Vampire. This was an amazing character, and I don't care what you say, THE SPELL FENCER IS BAD - ASSSSSSSS!!! I find the concept really cool.
Final Class: Spell Fencer

Edea: Valkyrie, Conjurwhatever, Pirate, dat sort of sweg. Not much to say apart from OP!
Final Class; Pirate

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #207518
Posted: 4th October 2014 09:55

Awards:
The pirate is an interesting class. It definitely grew in an unexpected way. The debuffing attacks are really, really awesome, and I think they'd be solid if couple with a knight or crusader. Or even a monk.

To a lesser extent, good with some of the offensive magic-users too, if only for lowering those MDEF's, but the damage output wouldn't be as useful heh.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #207519
Posted: 4th October 2014 18:39

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The pirate is a pretty good offensive class, but its usefulness increases by a LOT once you can stick one with Ninja and Swordmaster abilities. Free Lunch (Swordmaster final skill) makes the Pirate's MP-draining skills really strong, and the Ninja's dual-wielding and evasion skills (...can't remember what the evade skill is) also fit it pretty well. I had Edea and Tiz both spend some time as a Pirate before I just maxed out everyone.

I... don't think that offensive magic is that great in BD. I don't know of a time when it EVER does more than physical skills of a similar level, but there are a bunch of neat tricks that the Red Mage and Arcanist can do. I know some people like to give everyone Red Mage skills and then give the team 4 BP every turn (!) with some creative poisoning. And the Arcanist (one of the last six asterisks you get) finally makes Black Mages useful. And it's mostly because of the poison/sleep stuff.

--------------------
Post #207521
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: