CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
I like to fiddle with sprites

Posted: 9th June 2015 08:00

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
So in my spare time, I like to change all of the colors of video game sprites to look like people I know. A few weeks ago my hard drive failed and I lost them all, but I remade a few of them, and made some new ones, too. My style's improved so it's probably for the better. I wanted to share some here because most of them are FF6 and none of my friends know what they're supposed to be. cry.gif

I did one for each of my parents, one for my brother, and one for me.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

And the queen of all of them
user posted image
I'm actually extremely proud of this one.
Post #209060
Posted: 9th June 2015 17:46

Returner

-clapclapclap!- That's really cool. =D

I used to do recolors (and sprite comics) myself, but that was like YEARS and YEARS ago. x.x; Glad to see someone else doing such today. :3

--------------------
' I've always hoped that you would end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the King of Pain. '
Post #209065
Posted: 10th June 2015 01:18
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
That's actually really cool man, I thought about doing something like this for FF6 in an effort to make a hacked rom like FF6-2 but never did it. That Celes is boss man, I wish I didn't have such a problem telling colors, Everything I do when it comes to mapping I need assistance finding the right colors. My wife gets tired of me asking her what color certain wires are when I'm re-wiring something.
Post #209073
Posted: 10th June 2015 03:03

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
The eyebrow on Terra was hard as heck to get right, I had fiddle with it like forever. I was trying to give her a little more attitude to look like me. It also helped to compensate for the darker colors. The original image has these really greyish looking eyebrows; the colors overall are really soft and subdued, so it blends in well, but making her hair three times as dark made it look weird. I also had to darken all the outlines. The skin tone is slightly different too, it's a not as pale as it was.

and man i just love that eyebrow
Post #209076
Posted: 25th June 2015 18:20

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Nice! I did something like this for my group of friends a few years ago.
user posted image
I'm the first one on the left.

I thought about editing the face portraits like you did, but I decided I didn't think I could make it look how I wanted with that resolution in mind.

Edit: Also, the guy in the middle rubbing his head is Laszlow.

This post has been edited by ElPanachino on 25th June 2015 18:39

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #209286
Posted: 27th June 2015 00:01

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Cool stuff, people!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #209294
Posted: 27th June 2015 14:19

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
^^ And next to Laszlow we have a professional thief with an impressive resume of targets, including the Mekong River and the entire Portuguese language.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #209306
Posted: 28th June 2015 04:52

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 27th June 2015 10:19)
^^ And next to Laszlow we have a professional thief with an impressive resume of targets, including the Mekong River and the entire Portuguese language.

You got it.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #209314
Posted: 31st July 2015 19:04

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
These are all great!
Post #209443
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: