CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy III on GBA!

Posted: 16th August 2002 19:02

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Looks like Square is dumping their port of Final Fantasy III on WonderSwan Color to bring it to Gameboy Advance. This is awesome news. It's still up in the air, but Square DID confirm this, according to this Games Are Fun news article.

I hope this comes to pass.
Post #1150
Posted: 16th August 2002 19:55

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Can you be sure what this site is saying is true? (I don't want to offend you, but...) because I heard from my friend saying that Squaresoft wasn't going to make FF games on GBA because the company of PS (was it Sony?) didn't let them.

I thought Squaresoft broke up with PSX and working for nintendo now. Which rumor is true?

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #1154
Posted: 16th August 2002 20:27

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Keep in mind that this is not the American Final Fantasy III, but the Japanese version.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #1156
Posted: 17th August 2002 02:17

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Who says they can't make games for two different systems? They'll continue the series on the PS2, at least for FFXI (with a PC port of course), and re-release abled games on GBA for the fanatics. Sony probably couldn't stop them, because they wouldn't want to piss them off and lose the good income on their games.
Post #1174
Posted: 17th August 2002 03:07

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (FraudulentTommah @ 16 Aug. 2002, 21:17)
Who says they can't make games for two different systems? They'll continue the series on the PS2, at least for FFXI (with a PC port of course), and re-release abled games on GBA for the fanatics. Sony probably couldn't stop them, because they wouldn't want to piss them off and lose the good income on their games.

Well from what I heard, my friend says the Sony like begged (not sure what they did) to encourage Squaresoft.
I need magazine to make sure  :E

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #1182
Posted: 17th August 2002 05:02
Engineer

Awards:
Okay.

Square and Nintendo have more or less reconciled.  However, Square games created for Nintendo will be done through a smaller company masterminded by Square, whose name escapes me.  Square still makes games for Sony, as far as I know.  Square is, in fact, making a version of FF, Crystal Chronicle, for both GCN and GBA.  The games will be virtually identical in every way, and will be linkable so you could, for example, port your GCN characters to your GBA to take with you on a long car ride.  Square is also doing a whole slew of small projects, mostly small name RPGs, plus likely remaking a number of old games since the GBA is more or less a portable Super Nintendo, in terms of hardware power.  Of course, all of this is rather confusing, and who knows how much of it is true, and how much is alien conspiracy?  :E

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #1192
Posted: 18th August 2002 03:03

Crusader

Awards:
That is really cool. I wanna see Secret of Mana Game Boy Advancified.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #1237
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: