CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022

Posted: 23rd October 2002 16:08

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Is there any way to use my OWN avatar?

apologies if you've been asked this a thousand times!
Post #3908
Posted: 23rd October 2002 17:49

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Sorry, nope. We've never done it here.

And don't feel bad about asking. I don't think I ever put it in the FAQ, and I should have.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #3923
Posted: 23rd October 2002 20:30

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
What you can  do, though, is have someone make an avatar for you, and post it up on the forums.  Then whine and whine about it to R51, until he becomes exasperated and puts it up as a general avatar.

If you think that sounds crazy, just look at mine.  ;)

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #3931
Posted: 23rd October 2002 22:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Oddly enough, that tends to work. >_>

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #3935
Posted: 24th October 2002 01:22

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Quote (Super Moogle @ 23 Oct. 2002, 15:30)
If you think that sounds crazy, just look at mine.  ;)

I think that R51 just loves SM more.  Curse your sexy Moogle charm!  Blarrg!

I'm done now...

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #3944
Posted: 29th October 2002 05:35

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... even though that I just recently found this forum, and I've begun to love it and the site..... maybe I should try that.

*whine*

No... that's not it... *clears his throat*

*WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE*  Yea... much better.

--------------------
"And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped” -Sir Bedevere the Wise
Post #4212
Posted: 29th October 2002 16:27

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Hmm, I don't really recommend the whine myself. It's an avatar people :-P There are hundreds in there, I'm SURE there's one you can find that you'll like.

AND. If you find one that we don't have that fits in with the theme, post it in a relevant forums (if you made it, My Creations. If you didn't make it...umm...General Topics I guess) and ask if it can be put in. If you get a no, accept it please ^-^ Keep in mind, this is for public use, only staff members get private avatars.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #4222
Posted: 29th October 2002 19:30

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Denise has a swell idea, but I'd like to make an amendment. Put it in comments/suggestions.

--------------------

Post #4226
Posted: 29th October 2002 19:45
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Elena99 @ 29 Oct. 2002, 08:27)
Keep in mind, this is for public use, only staff members get private avatars.

Don't you think you oughta get rid of that rather elitist rule?

--------------------
Post #4227
Posted: 29th October 2002 20:09

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Now what's the point of being elite if you can't be elitist?  We have to have some perks.
Post #4228
Posted: 29th October 2002 20:49

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
*GASP!*  Did I just read Tiddles making a pro-capitalist, anti-communist statement?      :o

--------------------
"Hit hard, hit first, hit often."

--Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, USN
Post #4230
Posted: 29th October 2002 22:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Tiddles the Cat @ 29 Oct. 2002, 14:09)
Now what's the point of being elite if you can't be elitist?  We have to have some perks.

If I could pay my staff, well, then, maybe. But a perk is a perk, non? ^_^

--------------------

Post #4238
Posted: 29th October 2002 23:41

Group Icon

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Gerad @ 29 Oct. 2002, 20:49)
*GASP!*  Did I just read Tiddles making a pro-capitalist, anti-communist statement?      :o

I said I support the theory, but I wouldn't make a good Communist chief, I'm one of the lousy modern plebs who'd need to be kept in line by one.

Also, the common good can go fork itself when I'm not in a very good mood.

Also, something to be vaguely on topic.  Aren't custom avatars brilliant?  Nee-ner, non-staff.
Post #4244
Posted: 31st October 2002 20:54

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
I am totally with the commoners! I've been using a public avatar since CoN5's launch! Revolt, my people! REVOLT!
Post #4334
Posted: 31st October 2002 21:36

Group Icon

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
Wow, Rubicant certainly is revolting.  HAW
Post #4339
Posted: 6th November 2002 04:00

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Well, I had my name before I had my avatar to match it... I think Neal thought it would be neat to have SOM avatars and volia, I have a Sylphid picture!
Post #4534
Posted: 6th November 2002 19:42
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
So basically, Josh and the gang won't let us piddly commoners have personal avatars cause they're too lazy to deal with it...

Actually, that's a fairly legitemet (sp?) reason all things considered.  'Sides, pissin 'n moaning does get the job done if you press hard enough anywho.

Still, it'd be nice to know I can place in a picture I make instead of that sprite (which I think is difficult to make out anyways).  At the least, it could contrast against Tiddles avatar cause it'd actually be quality hand drawn art! (nee-ner right back at you, ya british tart! :p)

In any case, now I know what to piss and moan about come CoN VI: The Undiscovered Country...

--------------------
Post #4558
Posted: 6th November 2002 20:14

Group Icon

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
I hope you're not dissin' Elena's Tiddles artwork there, Mister Narrator.  Though feel free to insult my old self-drawn avatar, for it was crap.  But I did do it when I was 13.  Yeah, yeah, good people could draw by then, I know... I mean, I wasn't old enough to know I had no drawing ability, so there.

I might switch it around with my Digi Tiddles sometimes.  There's something exciting to watch for, avatar fans.
Post #4563
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: