CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Topic Closed New Topic New Poll
mIRC

Posted: 6th April 2003 12:54

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Whats going on? I'm K-lined from mIRC? whats it mean and how do i get rid of it. It all worked fine the other day... If anyone knows whats going on and how to fix it.. plz help

Message given is : "* Connecting to irc.darkmyst.org (6667)
-
Local host: HOME (81.131.49.175)
-
-chocobo.ca.us.darkmyst.org- *** If you need assistance with a connection problem, please email [email protected] with the name and version of the client you are using, and the server you tried to connect to: chocobo.ca.us.darkmyst.org
-
*** You are using an insecure SOCKS server
-
Closing Link: The_Matster[dial81-131-49-175.in-addr.btopenworld.com] (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected"  

Thing is its happening on all servers not just darkmyst..

Agh!  I cant evn use your java client thingy...   :shakeshead:  :(  :shakeshead:

Post #10648
Posted: 6th April 2003 13:06

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
First to terminology quibbles: you're not K-lined from mIRC, mIRC is a client.  You seem to be K-lined from some IRCs servers and networks, which has nothing to do with the client itself.  Basically, don't shoot the messenger.

Regarding being K-lined, this means you've been banned from the server or network by your address for some reason.  This is usually due to a conflict with the network's terms of service.

-chocobo.ca.us.darkmyst.org- *** If you need assistance with a connection problem,please email [email protected] with the name and version of the client you are using, and the server you tried to connect to: chocobo.ca.us.darkmyst.org
That's good advice right there.  I suggest e-mailing the network admin Ryan there and asking politely why this has happened, and giving the quote you gave us of the messages you receive when connecting.  We don't run the IRC network we use for our channel, so there's nothing we can do ourselves.  I realise it happens on seemingly all networks for you now, but he should know why his own network is doing it, and I'd imagine it's the same reason. I'd personally guess that it's something to do with:
*** You are using an insecure SOCKS server
This seems to suggest some kind of proxy which is forbidden by most networks for security reasons.  I don't really know about these kinds of issues, or how to resolve them, but again, an IRC operator may be able to help you.
Post #10649
Posted: 6th April 2003 13:19

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
ok thanx anyway :)
Post #10650
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Closed New Topic New Poll