CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF1 Online

Posted: 6th February 2005 04:30

Returner

Don't know if anyone has played this but here's the link:

http://astralle.phpwebhosting.com/hte2/

--------------------
Unless you make it to the top you're just going to get used, so you're better off dead!
- Gafgarion
Post #71927
Posted: 6th February 2005 06:38

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
thank you. gafarog this is awesome

--------------------
"Good thing I don't live in a glass house... Throw Stone"

Olan Durai
ZodiacBrave
Joe
Post #71933
Posted: 7th February 2005 03:37

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
My homework can wait. I have to check this out.

--------------------
This is my world: (Got my second chapter up, 3rd Chapter about 80% complete)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/daniel876/homepage.html
Post #72002
Posted: 7th February 2005 12:13

Lunarian

Awards:
Way cool!

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #72017
Posted: 7th February 2005 19:50

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
So what are your names on this site? Who can I hit up for a fight? wink.gif

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #72061
Posted: 7th February 2005 20:32

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Actually, nevermind. You don't start with equipment/gold and you start with 700 hp? Eh, no fun to me.

--------------------
This is my world: (Got my second chapter up, 3rd Chapter about 80% complete)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/daniel876/homepage.html
Post #72066
Posted: 7th February 2005 21:40

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Worth a look. Name on theres Zero_Hawk.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #72078
Posted: 8th February 2005 00:16

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
MoogleGenocide- He'll be the guy thats Awesome.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #72092
Posted: 8th February 2005 11:25

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Fox: The awesome guy who had an all Dragoon party for about an hour yesterday.

Also,. don;'t this seem more like FFV online than FFI online?

--------------------
Mercy?! I am the sixth phase of your world's destruction! would you like some evil pie?

My name is Fox, I am infinitely great, and I am the author of this comic strip..
Post #72127
Posted: 8th February 2005 19:25

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Fox @ 8th February 2005 06:25)
Fox: The awesome guy who had an all Dragoon party for about an hour yesterday.

Rofl I had that too. I actually won with it. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't you be tarot-fied,
~Frank Zappa

Post #72164
Posted: 8th February 2005 22:51

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
`Same here. I won a lot with it. Little lesson I learned from FFV Dragoon SCC: An all Dragoon party kick ass.

--------------------
Mercy?! I am the sixth phase of your world's destruction! would you like some evil pie?

My name is Fox, I am infinitely great, and I am the author of this comic strip..
Post #72184
Posted: 8th February 2005 23:34

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Are there actually graphics for this thing, or is it all like text-based? If there are graphics, I'm signing up right now. happy.gif

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #72186
Posted: 9th February 2005 01:26

Black Mage

Awards:
There's graphics

--------------------

Post #72201
Posted: 9th February 2005 02:50

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Interesting but its going to take some getting used to since I'm new to this type of game. For anybody who's wondering, the battle system simplified is that when you enter a battle, you choose a series of commands via a set of pop-up menus then you confirm your choices. There's a script that calculates what happens next and when your opponent makes their choice your next turn starts. Very fun but like I said, its going to take some getting used to.

To answer your question Caesar its graphical but barely, you've got a sprite and a background during battle and the same sprites get used as menu pics. Very bare bones, but there are indded graphics.
Oh yeah, before I forget, my screen name is Tonepoet. Now that I've said that, I'm sure there will be plenty of CoNers chalenging me. However, I'm sure that's only because I'd be an easy target . . . . Being a newbie sucks.

--------------------
Post #72206
KefkaLives
Posted: 9th February 2005 04:13
Unregistered

Very cool, and innovative to boot. This is the first time I've seen the party vs. party concept explored.

Edit: something Square should capitalize on...is it possible in FFXI?

This post has been edited by KefkaLives on 9th February 2005 04:18
Post #72217
Posted: 9th February 2005 21:21

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I am ZodiacBrave as well

--------------------
"Good thing I don't live in a glass house... Throw Stone"

Olan Durai
ZodiacBrave
Joe
Post #72273
Posted: 10th February 2005 00:03

Cactuar

Awards:
I want a rematch, ZodiacBrave. I had to leave happy.gif

P.S. Name on there's Twilight Paladin, watch out for Tonepoet, he'll tear you apart....

--------------------
Dang. And here I was hoping the next big thing in hip hop would be, y'know, silence. ~Djibriel

Twilight Paladin.com We are now twilightpaladin.co.nr! It's not .com, but, oh well.

The Twilight Forums!
Post #72291
KefkaLives
Posted: 10th February 2005 00:51
Unregistered

Quote (Twilight Paladin @ 9th February 2005 19:03)
watch out for Tonepoet, he'll tear you apart....

Yeah, he was all like "being a newbie sucks" and then he kicked my butt!
Post #72293
Posted: 10th February 2005 01:22

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
That's probably because I toughened him up. Hehe.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

Post #72295
Posted: 10th February 2005 01:46

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
My 4 goon rape squad tore Tone up pretty well as I recall.

--------------------
Don't you be tarot-fied,
~Frank Zappa

Post #72296
Posted: 10th February 2005 03:56

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
You recall correctly MG and ZH whooped me in our first battle also as well as a few others. I was a newbie when I posted that (Oh, last night was so long ago tongue.gif .) but I pick up on things quickly. Hence my destuction of Twilight's forces three times today and KefkaLives' troops once last night. Not to mention that gaining eight levels, getting some actual equipment and some new abilities didn't hurt either. Definatly a fun game and its easy to pick up and really easy to pick up for me.
Also to my surprise today, I found out that there's a little more to the graphical system then I originaly thought. Depending on your statuses you get little icons next to your characters and when your Dragoon jumps he dissapears. Still that's not a whole lot better then what I made it out to be in my first post but there that is. Oh well, you can't have everything and party vs. party battles definatly are fun. Not to mention that you've gotta love the price, free.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 10th February 2005 04:00

--------------------
Post #72311
Posted: 10th February 2005 21:34

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I'm DiCesare. I'm a n00b, though, so don't expect me to accept many challenges yet. Once I get some levels, I'll be sure to fight anybody who wants to challenge me. My Trojan War-based team is going to dominate is this is anything like tactics. happy.gif

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #72370
Posted: 11th February 2005 14:20

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
My name on there is Berit. I hit lvl 99 yesterday. thumbup.gif

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #72412
Posted: 11th February 2005 22:40

Black Waltz

Awards:
...obsessed there Hammy? ohmy.gif

--------------------

Post #72449
Posted: 12th February 2005 00:20

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Yeah, kinda fun (especially so with the commentary option). You know the name, and if you know me at all you know the character selection.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #72457
Posted: 12th February 2005 15:29

Black Mage

Awards:
Hey there! I'm fairly new to CoN, but I did start a party on the FF1 Online thing. It's really awesome so far, but I keep getting killed by SOMEONE named berit happy.gif

In case you run into me on that website, my name is Dark_Moogle_Knight

Hope to see someone there that I can beat!

This post has been edited by Random Person on 12th February 2005 15:36

--------------------
~ Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy! ~
Post #72504
Posted: 14th February 2005 23:56

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I signed on as Dark Paladin, and I've run into a few of you. Like Hamedo/Berit, who is a Lv99 challenging Lv10 and dances around the handicap block.

My character names have changed a few times. I started with the names from my DoS game, then I changed it to a Nintendo team that was led by Sega, and right now it's the ghosts from Pac Man.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #72828
Posted: 15th February 2005 16:28

Cetra

Awards:
*Dances*

If you wanna handicapp me, say so. Don't complain because I didn't do it myself. happy.gif

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #72900
Posted: 15th February 2005 22:32

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Oh that's strange because I have always been winning agaisnt SOMEONE named berrit? biggrin.gif

I stopped playing some days ago because I reached lvl99 also mastered all job last Friday.

I think the game is too easy, just don't try a mixed job group like a ninja, a knight, a red mage and a thief. I tried and I lost quiete easely Vs a lvl 80-85. wink.gif

Oh and DO NOT concentrate on gaining experience, more on JP. gaining 98 levels only gives you 98 to all stats and some HP/MP happy.gif

So that's why, I got really borred, too easy.
and when you reach lvl 99 with all jobs mastered you now have to fight until you gain enough money to buy the optimal equipment. Darn sucks...

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #72940
Posted: 15th February 2005 22:55

Cetra

Awards:
few have beat that which is Berit. Give me a time and we'll meet on there and rumble, Zodiac. Who are you on there?

My new account is named Bastion. I'm level one, but have nearly all jobs mastered. If you see me in there, please fight me! I need the JP.

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #72946
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: