CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy Adventure rm aka Adventures of Mana

Posted: 22nd January 2016 07:35

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I didn't have enough room in the thread title. But did anyone here get the news that Final Fantasy Adventure for PS Vita is indeed coming to America as Adventures of Mana?

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/final-fantasy...-west-as-advent

I just thought in case the news was missed by CoN being I first heard the news of the Japanese release here. That I would let y'all know if y'all didn't know already.

I hope the link is ok if not let me know and I will take it down immediately.

--------------------
I treasure those who I love that love me in return. <3
Post #210326
Posted: 23rd January 2016 02:22

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Has this game ever been released in English officially before? For some reason I think it hasn't.

Edit: I meant re-released. My bad. h/t to Lasz for pointing out my mistake.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 23rd January 2016 23:35

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210331
Posted: 23rd January 2016 18:54

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 23rd January 2016 02:22)
Has this game ever been released in English officially before? For some reason I think it hasn't.

I believe so. It was released in Europe as Mystic Quest (not that one) and later remade as Sword of Mana.
Post #210336
Posted: 23rd January 2016 23:30

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 22nd January 2016 21:22)

Twice. In the U.S. as Final Fantasy Adventure (which SeraphimDreamer alluded to) and its first remake on GBA as Sword of Mana in Europe and the U.S. (which Cefca just brought up). Its original Japanese name is Seiken Densetsu. The popular SNES RPG Secret of Mana is Seiken Densetsu 2.

The big news from a few months ago is that it's getting remade AGAIN for mobile phones and Vita, and the big news from a few days ago (thanks, SeraphimDreamer!) is that the new remake is probably landing in the West as Adventures of Mana.

--------------------
Post #210340
Posted: 24th January 2016 09:53

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
How is legend of mana?

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210343
Posted: 24th January 2016 11:57

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Sword of Mana was meh!

I mean it was an attempt to retell the story in the form of Secret of Mana and Secret of Mana 2 aka Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 as well as some elements of Legend of Mana.

I also note this combination of cross elements meant butchering fan favorite elements of Final Fantasy Adventure.

Examples include if remember correctly the Chocobo and even certain characters and plot lines.

It would be fine as a standalone sequel or such but not as an actual remake.

So unless you let go that it's a remake which is hard for any hardcore gamer Sword of Mana is not recommended if looking for nostalgia. But if your looking for a new game in the series it might meet your fancy.

--------------------
I treasure those who I love that love me in return. <3
Post #210344
Posted: 27th January 2016 16:40

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 24th January 2016 00:53)
How is legend of mana?

From what I've played in the Mana series (including dead-ending in both Adventure and Sword of Mana before just getting bored and leaving), Legend is my favorite. Secret is popular for a reason, but it doesn't catch my imagination quite so well as the more amorphous world of Legend of Mana, with it's myriad storylines and piecewise world.

Getting in depth in the crafting system can eat your life, and even the bit with growing fruit and feeding pets is pretty fiddly, but it's a purely optional addition to an otherwise realtively simple game.

Think of it like FFX: you *can* optimize your game beyond the bounds of sanity, but it isn't necessary.

--------------------
I shall now return to my cave
Post #210398
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: