CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Memory Card Save Slots

Posted: 9th August 2013 16:17

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
WOW!!! My mind is blown right now... what an idiot I've been all these years.

Until about a minute ago, I always thought you could only have THREE SAVES per memory card. I did not realize that if you kept going down, you could actually have up to 15.

Even way back in the day on the original PlayStation, I had multiple memory cards for FF7 because I thought there were only three slots.

I can't possibly be the only person to not have known this haha!

You would think there would be some kind of indicator on the save/load screens suggesting you could scroll down... maybe an arrow in the corner??

Too funny!
Post #204134
Posted: 9th August 2013 17:57

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I think that would be an easy mistake to make, because all the old games DID have those limited slots because the saves were stored with the game, not on separate flash memory.

I can't remember if I ever had the same issue - I know that at least with Final Fantasy Tactics they did add the arrows.

I actually had a slightly different problem, and that is the fact that I had one of those "pageable" memory cards, where the card actually had eight pages of fifteen slots each and I could never remember which page had the game I was playing on it. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #204135
Posted: 10th August 2013 15:05

Returner

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 9th August 2013 13:57)
I actually had a slightly different problem, and that is the fact that I had one of those "pageable" memory cards, where the card actually had eight pages of fifteen slots each and I could never remember which page had the game I was playing on it. smile.gif

Holy nostalgia haha! A friend of mine (who had everything) bought one of those at a computer show/convention we went to together when we were kids. I was so jealous, I remember being amazed that they could fit 8MB on this 'little' memory card haha. I'd love to go back in time and show my teenage self a 64GB micro SD card!!
Post #204144
Posted: 10th August 2013 15:16

Returner

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 9th August 2013 13:57)
I think that would be an easy mistake to make, because all the old games DID have those limited slots because the saves were stored with the game, not on separate flash memory.

I can't remember if I ever had the same issue - I know that at least with Final Fantasy Tactics they did add the arrows.

I always just assumed Square and/or Sony were greedy and limited you to three saves per memory card so you'd have to go out and buy additional cards. It's nice to know they're not AS bad as I thought ahah!
Post #204146
Posted: 11th August 2013 03:50

Returner

Awards:
It did happen to me just the other day when replaying VI for psx, but i shortly realized my mistake and scrolled down. Makes for a funny smh moment.

--------------------
I prefer the term "treasure hunting"!
Post #204150
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: