CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Forum Suggestion

Posted: 6th October 2017 10:33

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I'm not sure if this is possible for this forum, but... on other forums that I go on (which, admittedly, are newer) whenever I click on a thread that I have already read part of, I go directly to the next unread post, meaning that I don't have to read through all the posts that I've already read. Could that be done here?

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #213494
Posted: 6th October 2017 13:24

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
If you go to the "View New Posts" function, which you can find near the top of all forum pages, you can get a list of new posts: https://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...rch&CODE=getnew

By clicking the little down arrow icon to the left of the topic title, you'll land exactly where you expect.

You can also get to that new posts view from the site homepage if you're logged in. Clicking the number of new posts from the box on the site homepage will take you to that same place.

I think what you're suggesting is that it be the default functionality for clicking links into topics, which I don't think we'll be able to do based on the time investment.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213496
Posted: 6th October 2017 14:16

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I was thinking of the latter, but I didn't know about the arrow (or perhaps I had just forgotten about it). Thank you smile.gif The arrow works.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #213497
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: