CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Uhh...Am i broken?

Posted: 31st May 2015 09:50

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
So when I'm logged into my account I cant open up the forums without the site crashing. The only way I can look at the forums for some reason is when I logg off. It's not my computer, everything else is fine. Why is it when I'm logged in I can't view the forums? This might be just my laptop, but if anyone happens to be a technology expert, help! Has someone broken HolyCeles?

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #208889
Posted: 31st May 2015 15:49

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
What kind of laptop do you have? I've never tried accessing CoN from my laptop, but if we have the same model I can try? I don't know anything about technology, but it seems simple enough to me...

--------------------

"I'll be judge, I'll be jury," said cunning old Fury:
"I'll try the whole cause, and condemn you to death.
Post #208890
Posted: 2nd June 2015 00:03

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I've never heard of anything like that from anyone else, but obviously your account can't be the culprit since you were able to log in from, presumably, some other device to post this.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the "site" crashing - do you mean that your browser crashes when trying to view the forums? What happens if you try from another browser on the same laptop?

Like I say, I've never heard anything like this, at least not that I can remember. I have a couple ideas, but nothing I'd try to nail down based on what I know right now. The usual questions beyond what I already asked are "what operating system?" "what browser?" "can you take a screenshot of what you see?" etc.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #208907
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: