CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Site Redesign

Posted: 1st April 2013 15:40

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Just wanted to say I'm loving the new look today, and it's cool that it's so extensive. It was fun to click around to find all the pictures that were changed.

At first I thought my browser had scrambled some of the images. tongue.gif

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
It was a very fun diversion for a certain day of the year
Post #202973
Posted: 1st April 2013 16:26

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
The new cover pictures for the FFT and CT guide sections in particular were very touching. Lavos has never looked so apocalyptically threatening.

This post has been edited by sweetdude on 1st April 2013 16:29

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #202974
Posted: 1st April 2013 16:51

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
OMFG ROFL THIS IS AWESOME biggrin.gif

> angryface Lavos

Win.

I only have one suggestion: the thick hairs behind some boxes in the generic theme are not conducive to reading the text in the foreground. Apart from that, we're good to go!

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 1st April 2013 16:52

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #202975
Posted: 1st April 2013 17:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
We've certainly had some people complain about this, so we'll see if we can't make it a little bit better soon. Give us a few minutes.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #202977
Posted: 1st April 2013 18:01

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Much better, glad I can see now.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #202978
Posted: 2nd April 2013 00:31

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
This is awesome! 8D

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #202980
Posted: 2nd April 2013 06:10

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
This had better become a selectable skin.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #202985
Posted: 2nd April 2013 16:16

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I'm glad people enjoyed it. I drew all those MSPaints and had a blast doing it. Some of them were almost "traced" - I had the two images open and alt-tabbed between them. You can see that a lot in the Red XIII face, I thought. The rest of them - think most of the landing page images, like FFT's weird Ninja/Baseball duo - were just me being insane. I am also campaigning for this to be a selectable skin!

--------------------
Post #202989
Posted: 2nd April 2013 18:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The meaner part was mine. I thought that as awesome as Neal's work was, it was too obviously our April Fool's joke. So once people had started to noticed, I slapped this over the top of the whole thing: http://blokkfont.com/

Normally I don't like gags that appear to "destroy" the site, but this one made me smile because it didn't actually do anything harmful except to the minds of the users. smile.gif

For those of you who missed it, for a few hours yesterday the site looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/Gk2U9aC.png

With regards to making Foolsglade a selectable skin, I think we can probably work that out!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #202990
Posted: 2nd April 2013 20:39

Returner

I understood that the MSPaint headers and images (which were awesome, by the way) were an April Fools joke but when I saw the block text suddenly cover the site I thought you guys had some how messed the site up when trying to put the headers back or something.

So I was fooled!
Post #202992
Posted: 2nd April 2013 21:34

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I missed the insane block text and now I feel deprived.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #202996
Posted: 3rd April 2013 07:39

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I would just like to say I would probably change over from digi, which I've used for as long as I can remember, if this became its own skin.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #203002
Posted: 3rd April 2013 08:14

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I would also like to comment that the bars with the bars -- i.e. the "1 User(s) are readnig this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)" and "<< Next Oldest | Comments and Suggestions | Next Newest >>" bars, and others -- I never noticed that they weren't monochrome, until that crazy theme dropped.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #203003
Posted: 3rd May 2013 13:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 2nd April 2013 13:39)
With regards to making Foolsglade a selectable skin, I think we can probably work that out!

You want it, you got it. Foolsglade is now a selectable skin on both the site ( http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/style.php ) and the forums ( http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...=UserCP&CODE=06 ).

Have a fun.

--------------------

Post #203257
Posted: 3rd May 2013 20:12

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Nice! Changed it straight away. I agree with Tiddles in the cast that the FFT picture is the best.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #203261
Posted: 15th December 2013 23:35

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
hey look, even in foolsglade, it's snowing!~

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205847
Posted: 16th December 2013 14:45

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
I had totally forgotten that I made a Foolsglade version of Father Christmog. It's like a gift from my past self.

--------------------
Post #205848
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: