CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
mookie needs some help

Posted: 21st September 2002 02:54
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Safety Bits and Memento Rings.  Whatever you do for the people not protected though, do not equip Zombie protection on them.  If you do, you won't be able to heal the zombification.

With that out of the way, I'll leave the rest to you.

--------------------
Post #2578
Posted: 13th October 2002 23:22

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Can someone please delete these guest posts. They are a real pain.
Post #3442
Posted: 20th October 2002 04:19
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (Gerad @ 2 Sep. 2002, 06:57)
Well, I know that once you reach the falls he automatically leaves, but he may also leave randomly after a battle - the chances are much greater of him doing this if you play out Locke's scenario first, I've found.  I don't think there's a set number of battles that he will fight with you, b/c I've had him leave after 2 fights, or he may fight all the live long day and not leave until I reach the falls.  It's pretty much random, but I know he is much less likely to leave if you're playing Sabin's scenario first.

My theory is that every time you fight a random encounter with Shadow in your party (only applicable in the WoB), the percentage chance of Shadow leaving at the end of that random battle increases by a certain factor. (So, technically, it is possible for him to leave after the first random encounter you have with him, but it's much more likely that he will leave after several encounters.)
To my knowledge, Shadow will not leave after pincer attacks (battles in which your party is surrounded by the enemy or in which you surround the enemy)
If you are concerned that Shadow is about to leave your party (and you are nearing an area boss you had hoped for his assistance on, etc), try running away from the random encounters until you reach the boss. If Shadow escapes the battle before some of your other characters, go ahead and keep fighting with whoever remains - Shadow can't run away if he's not on screen!

-Phoenix
Post #3704
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: