CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Tah Hidumec delch Figaroh

Posted: 26th December 2002 08:26
Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
En homas det Figarus, nosachram prezecharam tah Hidumec delch Figaroh.

or translated for us English speaking Terrans:

In honor of Remus, we present the language of Figaro.

figaran is basicly the opposite of English,  where english is a germanic language that kinda sounds french(when compared to german at least) Figaran is a romance language that sounds germanic.

well there is one difference, since I'm Texan, and don't know two words of french,  (We We? No sank you, I alrezzy went ;) )  I based the grammar and basic latiness off of spanish.  the german comes from german, btw. (Mael's an army brat! so he didn't need to cheat there.)  besides most hispanic people run around calling themselves latin.  nevermind the fact that Spain isn't and never was anywhere near Rome.

enough ranting for one night, Tommorow I'll post some basic phonology,( aka what makes the language sound german if it's really romantic)  and some other stuff.

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #6241
Posted: 26th December 2002 17:10

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Wait, so you created your own language?  Woah.

So is this supposed to be some language that the people in Figaro speak (Figaro meaning the place where Edgar and Sabin come)?  It would make sense if they didn't speak just english, considering how big the world is in the game.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #6243
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: