CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF 2 US guide: Tricker

Posted: 26th September 2010 19:20

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Tricker is listed as having no weaknesses. However, it is indeed weak to lightning. This is supported by...well, it's scanning itself, as well as multiple guides on the internet.

Additionally, I don't think it drops the Imp summon, while I think the normal goblins do drop it. Or at least, goblin captains do. However, apart from assorted faqs such as this one (which also wrongly lists Bombs as dropping the Bomb summon), I can't find proof of this.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #187906
Posted: 29th September 2010 00:56

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You're half right. The Tricker is in fact weak to Lightning. However, it DOES drop Imp. Imps drop it, Imp Caps do not. (Imps, for some reason, were missing from the steal/drop table, thanks for inadvertently letting me know).

My source is a directly opened ROM. Thanks for the thing you did point out, though. Moving to E/T.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #187966
Posted: 29th September 2010 16:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
You're welcome.

Though are there different versions of the ROM itself? I mean, within the same game version--i.e., were there multiple versions released of the SNES US cartridge? I know some games have that; I think FFVI did.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #187980
Posted: 29th September 2010 16:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 29th September 2010 11:27)
You're welcome.

Though are there different versions of the ROM itself? I mean, within the same game version--i.e., were there multiple versions released of the SNES US cartridge? I know some games have that; I think FFVI did.

Yes, there were two. My source is the 1.1 version. What changed between 1.0 and 1.1? I'm not sure, I can't get into the 1.0 version with the tools I have on hand. Frankly, I think we need to just live with that and believe that the 1.1 version had the longest shelf life.

If anyone finds a source for what changed, great, but I suspect that the changes are so small that they don't really mean much in terms of what is covered here. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #187983
Posted: 30th September 2010 05:20

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I can confirm on the FFIV DS that the Trickster does drop Imp summon. I had it drop for me on the first play through.

--------------------
"And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped” -Sir Bedevere the Wise
Post #188018
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: