CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Dark Faerie Thing

Posted: 13th April 2008 14:43
Returner

I just started up Final Fantasy IV Advanced again. I am about to face the Dark Faerie and want to know what level I should train everyone up to.

Cid
Lv 20

Cecil
Lv 16

Tellah
Lv 23

Yang
Lv 21
Post #165501
Posted: 18th April 2008 19:51
Returner

Should be good enough as long as you didn't sell all your "metal" armor and equipment.
Post #165748
Posted: 30th April 2008 05:56

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
ok just to forewarn you on this I'm "That guy" who needs to be 6 levels higher than recommended but yea i'm playing IV right now on GBA Emulator, and i'm in the 30's but i'm destroying everything in my path with no armor, so i assume your in good shape

--------------------
"Do you know what happens to a giant when it's blasted by a fireball?.....Same Thing as everything else!"

- Black Mage from 8 bit theater.

Currently Playing: FFVI GBA
Just Beat: FFV
Favorite Game: FFIV
Favorite Char: Locke
Best Weapon: Atma Weapon
Post #166248
Posted: 27th June 2008 09:31

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
haha how funny. I'm "that girl" who can't stop powertraining Rydia in the desert till she's lvl 30....and who killed Cecil off to make it happen faster. ~snicker~

I don't know if your level is high enough....but that's just me. at least all characters to lvl 20-25?

--------------------
~.: FFIV, I'll always love you the best :.~
Post #168977
Posted: 29th July 2008 03:38

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
You must mean the Dark Elf. Raise Cecil to Lv.20 and things should be balanced.
Post #170865
Posted: 5th August 2008 23:10

Cactuar

Awards:
If you need help raising Cecil's level (as a Paladin), kill off everyone at Mt. Ordeals and have him defeat any enemies on the mountain by himself. He's perfectly capable of defeat any enemies in one hit (save, perhaps, for the Lamia).

--------------------
"You underestimate the strength of a Jedi's mind, Brejik. A mistake you won't live to regret, " -Bastila Shan(Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
Post #171199
Posted: 18th August 2008 23:55

Returner

If you're on FFIV Advance, there's a very fast and easy way to win this fight. Have Cid, Cecil and Yang attack the elf while Tellah casts Cura each turn. When it transforms, have Tellah cast Tornado, which it strangely doesn't resist, lowering it to single-digit hp. A single strike from anyone will fell it, winning the battle. (Having a couple of ethers on hand may be important, if you struggle on the first phase)

EDIT: Beware, if you try this, be sure you level for a little while before going to the Tower of Zot. I was torn apart by Barbaricca, due to my party's low levels.

This post has been edited by Moogle on 19th August 2008 14:25

--------------------
Post #171657
Posted: 19th August 2008 01:30

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Quote (Moogle @ 18th August 2008 16:55)
If you're on FFIV Advance, there's a very fast and easy way to win this fight. Have Cid, Cecil and Yang attack the elf while Tellah casts Cura each turn. When it transforms, have Tellah cast Tornado, which it strangely doesn't resist, lowering it to single-digit hp. A single strike from anyone will fell it, winning the battle. (Having a couple of ethers on hand may be important, if you struggle on the first phase)

heh...hopefully they didnt fix this for the DS Version im playing...

But yeah, i just kinda smack my way through the cave and elf and hopefully defeat it. The only part i seem to detest is the spells he casts, but i found training on Mt ordeals, as previously described, works really well too.

--------------------
<DrkMagimaster282> MWAHAHA. I,
DrkMagimaster282, shall wreak havoc and destroy...
<Mother>TIIIIIIMMYYY...are you planning evil, unkind revenge again in the bathroom??
<DrkMagimaster282>UMMMMMMMM...NO.

CoN day is May 27th, 2005
Join elder-geek.com for unbiased reviews, no console wars here...
Post #171658
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: