CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Hi?

Posted: 13th October 2013 19:26

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Hello. I have been on this site for a little while, but my family just exploded so I thought some casual Caves of Narshe talk might help calm me down.

Let's just talk about our favorite games and be friendly maybe. thumbup.gif

I like Chrono Trigger a lot, and what I call the "classic" Final Fantasy, which is the first five, because they have classes. Well, II does not really have classes, but it counts I think. I also really like Final Fantasy III/VI and MQ, largely because of nostalgia. Mystic Quest is one cool game, though.
Post #205069
Posted: 14th October 2013 02:32

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm Lasz, I've been on CoN for about a decade, and I'm into a ton of different video games. Final Fantasy IV was my first RPG, and Japanese RPGs are probably my favorite genre. Welcome to CoN!

--------------------
Post #205070
Posted: 14th October 2013 02:48

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
*Jumps up and down and flails her arms.* Hello! I'm Khael! Pleased to meet you. :3

Chrono Trigger and VI have a tendency to fight over the favorite game slot for me, but generally Chrono Trigger wins out. I've been here for about a year now but watched the site for several years before finally joining. I'm more of a fan of IV through VI when it comes to the games, but Mystic Quest was fun as far as I've played. I wish they'd bring the elemental crystals back into the game story lines. Yes, their fate was always predictable, but their effect on the plot was always so different from game to game that it kept me coming back for more.

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #205071
Posted: 14th October 2013 11:04

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I once said to my brother, "Chrono Trigger is the real Final Fantasy 7," to which he retorted "Chrono Trigger is a poor man's Final Fantasy 7."

We did the dozens a lot as kids. Anyway, my gaming experience has always centered around immersion...I like to imagine myself in the game universe I'm experiencing. The stories I enjoy are obviously a manifestation of the kind of person I am, and I select them according to what 'speaks to me.'

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #205074
Posted: 14th October 2013 13:44

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Spooniest @ 14th October 2013 06:04)
I once said to my brother, "Chrono Trigger is the real Final Fantasy 7," to which he retorted "Chrono Trigger is a poor man's Final Fantasy 7."

Gasp! Chrono Trigger is way better than any old PlayStation game! <-- pretending I don't really wish I could play Final Fantasy VII
I also tend to immerse myself in the story in these video games. I like to imagine even the little things like a battle action. For instance, one time I was playing Final Fantasy VI, Terra got knocked out by Ultros's Tentacle attack, and then Edgar used Phoenix Down. So I still have this image in my mind of Terra getting grabbed by Ultros and fainting, and then Edgar blew the Phoenix Down at her (because you know Edgar would totally blow them); and then she struggled to freedom and landed on the raft, soaking wet. This entire sequence, in the game, took place in a few seconds; but in my mind, it was much more exciting.

And hi, St Khael! We seem to cross paths on the forums a lot these days. It seems we share a lot of interests! It is always fun talking to you. biggrin.gif I too really liked the "four crystals" storylines, and that is actually what determines, in my mind, whether they are "classic" FF games. So, potentially, if a later FF had that storyline, it would also qualify as a "classic" for me. thumbup.gif
Post #205076
Posted: 29th October 2013 23:21

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (RavenLalonde)
Hello. I have been on this site for a little while, but my family just exploded so I thought some casual Caves of Narshe talk might help calm me down.

Oh my, how terrible! I think I might need some calming down too if that happened to me. Well, actually it probably depends upon which family members got caught in the blast... Nevertheless, I'm quite glad you didn't get caught in the blast. Nevertheless, I'm afraid that there's only one thing to do now. You must now go on an epic quest to avenge their loss, like Rydia! To the west should be the castle's treasury, there should be enough supplies inside to help you get started.

<Tonepoet gives RavenLalonde a lockpick>

I think you know what to do...

Also, be sure to keep the rusty sword, trust me.

Oh! You meant there are newborns and/or newlyweds didn't you? Well then congratulations! Be sure to loot the castle anyway. I think there might be some Mute scrolls that would come in exceptionally handy for coping with any crying babies or in-laws.

Quote (RavenLalonde)
Gasp! Chrono Trigger is way better than any old PlayStation game! <snip>

Does that mean Chrono Trigger is better than itself? Oh time travel, why must it make everything so confusing?

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 29th October 2013 23:24

--------------------
Post #205311
Posted: 29th October 2013 23:43

Cactuar

Awards:
Does that mean Chrono Trigger is better than itself? Oh time travel, why must it make everything so confusing?

Ain't no party like a Chrono Trigger party because a Chrono Trigger party isn't bound by typical temporal parameters or lack of transport machinery and thus can be started again and again and again...

This post has been edited by St Khael on 30th October 2013 11:33

--------------------

Post #205312
Posted: 2nd November 2013 22:14

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm Glenn Magus Harvey, been on CoN for a decade, and actually joined the site ten years and two days ago...on the morning of my birthday, in fact.

Was too busy to check in on my birthday this year...crazy assignments. sad.gif

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #205346
Posted: 3rd November 2013 14:27

Engineer

Awards:
Okay, Tonepoet, that is hilarious. And yes, Chrono Trigger is definitely better than itself, no question there. Ever since my family exploded, I have been searching for the One Ring with which to defeat Kefka and free Golbez from his control. Unfortunately, this also means I have had to begin Sburb, something I never intended to do. It seems my brother survived, so he has joined me in my quest. I have just activated the Crustruder and prototyped the Kernelsprite with a My Little Pony doll, but there is this timer counting down to something with like 3 minutes left, so I better go before something bad happens. I will check in when I get it all sorted out.
Post #205359
Posted: 10th November 2013 04:52

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I don't know what a Cruxtruder is exactly but if you want The One Ring, I think you're going to have to do a little magma diving. You'll need some fireproof armor for that. Oh sure, you could just be boring and buy something from the store but those options are bound to be obsolete by the time you actually reach the Mordor stage of the game, especially if you plan on defeating the hidden Fire Gollum miniboss holding the accessory.

As such I'd suggest completing the Kaguya-hime's Five Imposible Requests side-mission first, since one of the rewards is the legendary Fire-Rat robes. I can help you as a temporary party member in exchange for a certain mysterious egg-like item dropped from one of the mini-boss bunnies met along the way. It'll be either Reisin or Tewi. probably the latter, since she's more mischievious. I think I can help G.M.H. with it.

In the mean-time, g'luck with your mission and always remember, the answer is always "to death."

--------------------
Post #205468
Posted: 10th November 2013 18:52

Engineer

Awards:
Okay, it is all sorted! I almost got a giant meteorite dropped on my house, but it turned out okay.

Actually, I was planning on alchemizing some Fire Armor on my own, but the sidequest might be worth the experience earned along the way; and I would be willing to except your help for it. However, I hope you realize that I will be going through the Crimson Forest, rather than the much easier Violet Woods. I also intend to do some grinding on the Old Forest Road, if that is okay with you. I heard that the Crimson Forest has a multitude of Ursas, and a decent number of Beowolves as well. Somewhere there is the miniboss Nevermore which shows up as a random encounter, and is actually really hard because it has such high evasion. But if that's all cool, I'll take up the deal.
Post #205472
Posted: 10th November 2013 23:05

Cactuar

Awards:
Your quest is great and I admire your conviction. In this I can only offer you one thing: words of advice passed down through the ages from elder to student time and time again.

If someone asks you if you're a God, you say: "Yes!"

Also, it is very dangerous to go alone; take this. -Offers a very noisy Salamander-

--------------------

Post #205478
Posted: 11th November 2013 00:34

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (St Khael @ 10th November 2013 18:05)
If someone asks you if you're a God, you say: "Yes!"

Tell him about the twinkie.

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #205480
Posted: 11th November 2013 21:37

Engineer

Awards:
More of an aspiring god at this point. biggrin.gif

I am pretty excited about my new Chain Mail Vest I just alchemized. I am also trying to build myself a dreambot just for fun. I mean, you never know when a Slateblood might try to drain your energy and put you to sleep, you know? And I got myself a shiny new rapier named Myrtenaster, so I am pretty happy about that.
Post #205486
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: