CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Music- Chronocross/Chronotrigger

Posted: 19th July 2007 23:26

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
What are your favorite themes from this series. For me from Chronotrigger its the Kingdom of Zeal Theme and ffrom Chronocross its the Another World theme. also anyone notice the similarities between Spekkio's theme and the theme inside Fargo's gambling ship the Zelbess?

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153552
Posted: 20th July 2007 00:43

Crusader

Awards:
Memories of Green and Wind Scene from CT

Time's Scar from CC

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #153562
Posted: 20th July 2007 06:06

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
Chrono Trigger is probably one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever. I haven't played Chrono Cross yet though. sad.gif

Here's my favorites from CT:

-Peaceful Day
-Memories of Green
-Wind Scene
-Secret of the Forest
-Manoria Cathedral
-Ruined World
-The End of Time
-Battle with Magus
-Corridors of Time (heart.gif)
-Sealed Door (heart.gif)
-Undersea Palace
-Far Off Promise
-Wings that Cross Time
-Black Dream
-World Revolution/Final Battle
-First Festival of the Stars
-To Far Away Times (heart.gif)

Very heartly.

--------------------
Post #153585
Posted: 20th July 2007 07:32

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Zeromus, most people dont like Chronocross because for a lot of reasons
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
one is the battle system and magic system is way different along with a huge plot twist
but it (graphically)is a beautiful game and the music is done by the same guy as ChronoTrigger only its a lot more orchestrated feel to it. And theres a lotof music in Cross that sounds like music from Trigger,if you listen closely you can here many similarities. I recommend trying it when you have time. Tour second or thire time through you get a much better grasp of the story. i thinks its a good game myself as well cool.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153589
Posted: 20th July 2007 08:28

Cactuar

Awards:
The Girl Who Stole The Stars, also known as Kid's theme from Chrono Cross. Best video game music track ever. It appeared also in Radical Dreamers, but it didn't sound so beautiful without the vocal which was impossible to add in the SNES game.

But I guess there is no music from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross I wouldn't like. Yasunori Mitsuda did a great job and because of that, I admire him a lot. My favourite ones from Chrono Trigger would be the Frog's theme, Robo's theme and the music you hear when you're on the world map in A.D. 600. From Chrono Cross I like also Dream Fragments and Time's Scars of course. And a lot more, but those are the most important.

--------------------
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one...
Post #153592
Posted: 20th July 2007 22:47

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
CT's Wind Scene is about the only standout I recall off-hand, but g'dang, CC...! I've always appreciated it more for some reason, and I'd say it's probably got the best soundtrack out of any game (besides FFT, maybe). Favorite tracks:

- Another Termina
- Radical Dreamers ~ The Unstolen Jewel ~
- Dragon God
- Jellyfish Sea (heart.gif)
- Chronomantic
- Lizard Dance
- Time of the Dreamwatch
- Magical Dreamers ~ The Wind, The Stars, and The Waves ~
- Voyage ~ Home World ~

And that one Scarry Time song. :-B

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #153637
Posted: 5th October 2007 20:30
Returner

java.error.193120

This post has been edited by ddragoonss on 4th March 2016 17:41
Post #158086
Posted: 5th October 2007 22:03

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
i've never played CT and i've only played about 6 hours on CC, but i simplly love the Another World Theme. I turn on the PS2, and sometimes ill just sit there for minutes on end, just listening to it. beautiful.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #158089
Posted: 6th October 2007 00:47

Black Mage

Awards:
Never heard much CC music, but I do like quite a few of the tracks from CT.

-Schala's theme
-Battle with Magus
-Sealed Door
-Frog's Theme
-Undersea Palace
-Wind Scene

...and whatever the main theme was. I think it was "Premonition" or "Chrono Trigger". Don't really remember.

--------------------
FFIVDS looks awesome, right? Especially the character scans. I mean, look at that CGI scan of Yang. You see it and you just think...badass. And then you look at his polka-dot pants, likely stolen from a Dr. Seuss book. And then you just...shiver.
Post #158096
Posted: 8th October 2007 22:31

Engineer

Awards:
Chrono Cross has some of the most beautiful music in any video game ever. Some of my favorites:

- Scars of Time
- Another World
-Chronomantique
-Star Stealing Girl
-Dragon God thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

The only real fault I can find with the soundtrack is that unfortunately the songs are required to loop (due to the constraints of being within a game), so a majority of the songs follow the very common 2 loop + 1/2 fade rule where they'll loop through the song twice, then partway through the third repeat they fade. Still, beautiful, beautiful music.

--------------------
Oh sure, I don't have to get kicked in the junk to activate it, but I like it anyway. -- Thief commenting on the difference between Throw and Blue Magic.
Post #158179
Posted: 12th October 2007 10:20

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Oh what can I say about Chrono Trigger. One of the best games of ALL time.

My personal favorite tracks would be:

600A.D. Theme

The Black Omen Theme

The Kingdom of Zeal Theme

Battle with Magus

And of course, Frogs Theme.
Post #158403
Posted: 12th October 2007 14:08

SOLDIER

Awards:
Well, you have the good ones...

Sealed Door (CT)
Chronopolis (CC)
Chrono Calypso (CC)
Wind Song (CT)

The really good ones...

Orphan of Flame (CC)
Fate Battle (CC)
Corridor of Time (CT)
Robo (CT)

and the EPIC.

Time's Scar (CC)
Battle With Magus (CT)
Frog's Theme (CT)
Schala's Theme (CT)

This post has been edited by L. Cully on 12th October 2007 14:12

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #158411
Posted: 26th October 2007 03:38

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoNCAA, 2011. Third place in CoN World Cup, 2010. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2005. 
in CC i love the "another world" theme....i believe it's titled dreaming on the shore or something like that. as for CT, my faves are the Zeal theme as well as Robos theme biggrin.gif

--------------------

"The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."
- Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Post #158940
Posted: 26th October 2007 18:57

Returner

Awards:
I don't know the name of the song, or even remember it well. But the Frog Swordsman's music on SNES was soooo sweet. I remember I would stop playing and just sit and listen to it replay a few times before continuing gameplay.
Post #158953
Posted: 1st April 2009 16:23

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
My favorites are Wind Scene, Battle with Magus, Chrono Trigger theme, The Undersea Palace and Frog's Theme, in regards to Chrono Trigger itself.

As for Cross, Scars of Time, Fragment of a Dream, Life - A Distant Promise, The Girl Who Stole Stars and Fields of Time -Homeworld-

I have to point out that both games have my favorite soundtracks ever written and are considered some of the general best pieces of music composed, by my standard. Yasunori Mitsuda is brilliant.

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #176471
Posted: 1st April 2009 17:07

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Frog and Robo's themes.
Post #176474
Posted: 2nd April 2009 12:36

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I've had Frog's Theme as my mobile ringtone since I first heard it about three years ago. I don't usually do this for fear of getting bored of a great tune, but Frog's is good enough to last.

Tyran Castle is another great bit of music. I got hopelessly lost in there but, like Kefka's tower, the music was so good that I didn't feel any need to save and turn it off for later.

The battle music is one of the best in the Square library. It goes so well with Crono's Sephiroth-like battle style.

Edit
I still can't believe how much Robo's theme sounds like the old Rick Astley.

This post has been edited by sweetdude on 2nd April 2009 14:35

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #176604
Posted: 28th April 2009 21:20

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
This game has so many nice tracks!

I like Frogs theme, Battle with Magus, and Scars of Time (Chrono Cross).

--------------------
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Broccoli to die.
Post #177108
Posted: 29th April 2009 19:19

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Hmm.

I haven't played CT in years. But I might still remember highlights from the soundtrack. Let me see...

Very nice tracks from the CT soundtrack:
* the 1000 AD town theme
* Frog's Theme
* Tyrano Lair theme ("Tyran Castle")
* boss battle 2 ("Legendary Enemies")
* Lavos's theme (very nice and emotively atmospheric)
* Zeal's theme (same reason as Lavos's theme)
* Magus's theme (not particularly notable melodically or harmonically, but has a great feel to it)
* Theme of Chrono Trigger (a.k.a. Crono's theme): an epic theme for an epic plot
* Black Omen (a.k.a. Black Dream): mysterious semi-dancy theme with a "dark" and "droplets" feel
* Corridors of Time (12000 overworld theme) (shout-out to Zeal Love OC Remix!)

I've also listened to the Radical Dreamers soundtrack, of which I like "The Girl Who Stole the Stars".

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 29th April 2009 19:19

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #177117
Posted: 30th April 2009 23:39

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Wow, I forgot that I'd posted here. Seeing as I've completed both games now, I feel a new post is in order biggrin.gif

From CT, Memories of Green is the only name I remember, though I did like other songs.

From CC:
Another World
Time's Grasslands
Arni Village
Time's Scar
Time Crash
Time of the Dreamwatch

--------------------

Post #177136
Posted: 7th July 2009 05:49

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Could I just list "entire soundtrack"?

CT:
Chrono Trigger
Memories of Green
Secret of the Forest
Battle 1
The Brink of Time
Delightful Spekkio
Battle with Magus
Singing Mountain
Corridors of Time
Zeal Palace
Undersea Palace
Silvard ~Wings That Cross Time~
World Revolution
Last Battle
Epilogue - To Good Friends
To Far Away Times

CC:
Scars of Time
Another Arni Village
Lost Fragments
Drowning Valley
Another Guldove
Voyage ~ Another World
Dead Sea ~ Tower of Destruction
Prisoners of Fate
Island of the Earth Dragon
Garden of the Gods
Chronopolis
Time of the Dreamwatch
Life - Faraway Promise
Radical Dreamers -Without Taking the Jewel-

--------------------
Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not...

- Shitan, Xenogears
Post #179156
Posted: 5th September 2009 18:00
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
World Revolution was my fave from the game. Intense and epic in a rather cheesy way, but for some reason, it gets me pumped.

--------------------
Post #181113
Posted: 5th September 2009 18:15

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Robo Roll all the way!

I do love the main themes to both CT and CC (I haven't actually played CC but my friend gave me the soundtrack a long time ago).

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #181116
Posted: 5th October 2009 04:55

Returner

This game has an excellent soundtrack. If I had to narrow it down, I'd go with:
- To Far Away Times
- Sealed Door
- Corridors of Time
- Schala's Theme
- Peaceful Days
- Far off Promise
- Delightful Spekkio
Post #181739
Posted: 6th October 2009 00:04

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (ElPanachino @ 5th September 2009 14:15)
Robo Roll all the way!

I do love the main themes to both CT and CC (I haven't actually played CC but my friend gave me the soundtrack a long time ago).

I agree, and I'm not joking. That was the first song I really heard and liked in the game. Very sentimental, because Robo is such a great character.

--------------------
Post #181751
Posted: 7th October 2009 01:46

Returner

Has anyone seen that recent orchestra performance in Germany, and it was a Chrono Trigger/Cross medley?
Post #181780
Posted: 7th October 2009 05:58

Returner

I have, but you already know that, cuz you're the one who linked me to it biggrin.gif
Post #181782
Posted: 1st February 2010 13:51

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Definitely, the ending music, ( I think it's called "Epilogue- to good friends") from Chrono Trigger. It always makes me remember the ending scene.

--------------------
"Its no cheating if you don't get caught"
Post #183599
Posted: 3rd February 2010 02:23

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
See More (Total 16)
Since my last post, I have listened to this entire soundtrack again (on youtube: it's fantastic) and downloaded well over half of it. Still second behind FFX in my book, but wow, it seems everything sounds even better. It is one of the most-played playlists on my ipod, especially for resting or studying.

--------------------

Post #183642
Posted: 22nd December 2010 21:53

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I haven't played Chrono Cross and frankly, I'm not that interested in it. However, the music I've heard is excellent - even better than CT's music, which says a lot. My favorite CC songs are Scars of Time, On the Beach of Dreams (is that the correct title?) and Termina ~ Another World. Oh, and I posted my favorite CT songs in another thread.

This post has been edited by Metal King Slime on 31st December 2010 10:30
Post #191429
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: